June 2022 Balance Update - Discussion

Please discuss the June 2022 Balance Update here!

Announcement:

Make sure to also check out our FAQ on hero balancing:

Which hero would you like to see balanced next? Post your ideas under the new Hero Balance - Empires & Puzzles Community Forum Ideas & Feature requests sub-category.

4 Likes

The passives are now just part of the special skill that will happen >50% of the time
Huge change that certainly ups the power of season 5 heroes

Goseck getting a buff closer to his original beta design

5 Likes

Nice to see some updates to s5, but did the gargoyles really need a buff? :thinking:

16 Likes

And what about Penolite? In the game is her too in the list :face_with_monocle:
@Petri @PlayForFun

3 Likes

Now Khufu is fighting for a spot in top challenge event teams…

1 Like

I’m quite surprised that Papyrus didn’t get a buff, I feel like he is one of the weakest S5 if not the weakest :yawning_face:

36 Likes

Lmao what is this,

It’s impossible to get these heroes without spending money, absolute joke

14 Likes

The only one I’m interested in is khepri, because he’s the only one here that I owned lol. 600 damage is like holy ■■■■ that’s a lot of damage. This guy can absolutely pressure the enemy team now. I may put him up as my training project soon

8 Likes

I might ascend Khepri over Louhi now…. Tempting!

This buff has nothing to do with who isn’t getting as much usage. It’s about which ones can generate the most profit

36 Likes

Passives, passives everywhere, is my biggest takeaway from this

1 Like

I think zhuge liang buff is not sufficient. He needs to do some direct damage because he is slow. Papyrus needs a buff too.

19 Likes

If the July challenge event will be Gargoyles, not Slayers, then they need.
Surprise that none of the Slayers got the buff - maybe the calendar will change?

2 Likes

Really should stop releasing these tweaks whilst tourneys containing affected heroes are on-going

13 Likes

Diochan buff?? She’s the only one in that portal that people chase. She’s the one that everyone will max and LB immediately. There’s no shortage on usage. She’s on every war D of people who have her.

12 Likes

Agreed… overall I am generally pleased with this balance update but Papyros and Zhuge Liang needed a lot more balancing, or in the case of Papyros…ANY BALANCING!

9 Likes

I agree with you both 10000%, I’m surprised they didn’t buff Zhuge Liang much and I’m even more surprised that they didn’t buff Papyrus at all…what’s going on :face_with_monocle:

10 Likes

These are just all buffs to new heroes who aren’t getting used enough because people don’t have them… What about old heroes who aren’t getting used enough because they need buffs to keep up?

20 Likes

Where is the Papyros love? 3* Sally is tougher than Papyros!

Overall great balance update, no real complaints here!

Good job devs! :grin: :+1:

7 Likes

That’s the current flavour now. Neat little add-ons tucked away.

Have to read hero cards for their passives now.

3 Likes