🍻 [June 2020] Portal Stats, Summon Results & Offers – Tavern of Legends

This thread is for information and discussion on the JUNE 2020 Tavern of Legends Summon Portal, and sharing Summon Results.

:broken_heart: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache: a personal opinion note from @zephyr1 :bow_and_arrow:

I typically present Summon Portals dispassionately, providing information and letting players draw their own conclusions about the worth to them.

But I feel obligated to point out:

The Tavern of Legends Portal has the WORST odds of any Summon Portal in the entire game for getting a non-Season 1 Hero.

If you would be happy with ANY old HOTM, the odds are terrible, but perhaps acceptable for bigger spenders.

The more old HOTM you cross off the list of ones you’d be happy with, the worse the odds get.

Any players without large budgets would likely be better off spending their gems elsewhere. If you have a large budget, or have run out of literally anywhere else in the game to spend gems and still want to spend them anyway, Tavern of Legends might be for you. (I think you’d be better off just reducing your spending instead.)

For all other players — especially those who dream of a particular old HOTM from the list — I can’t recommend anything except making use of your free Legends Coins earned during the Tavern of Legends Quest, and moving on.

While some will get lucky, there is nothing to be had here but extreme disappointment for the vast majority.

You’re going to see alliance mates and Forum posters who get lucky. Please remember that the excitement of luck is contagious — but can lead to severe heartache if you pull impulsively and don’t experience the same. Celebrate their successes, but keep a level head in deciding and sticking to your own budget.

Please proceed with extreme caution when deciding on a budget for your Tavern Summons, and don’t spend more than you’d be happy to have spent on feeders.

As usual, I’ve provided an analysis of the Summon Appearance Rates farther down in this post.

:game_die: Tavern of Legends Portal Appearance Rates

Season 1 (Classic) Heroes

• Rare Classic Hero: 71.0%
  • Epic Classic Hero: 26.5%
  • Legendary Classic Hero 1.2%

TOTAL: 98.7%

Past HOTM

• Legendary Past Hero of the Month: 1.3%

SECRET BONUS DRAW

• Legendary Secret Hero: 0.1%

NOTE: The current HOTM is NOT included in the Legends Summon Portal.

:clipboard: Included Past HOTM

Past Heroes of the Month are included in Legends Summon when 12 months have passed since their original release date.

Past Heroes of the Month (HOTM) available:

1. Hel
  2. Athena
  3. Ares
  4. Mushashi
  5. Alberich
  6. Thoth-Amun
  7. Perseus
  8. Natalya
  9. Zeline
  10. Delilah
  11. Aeron
  12. Alasie
  13. Gravemaker
  14. Gregorian
  15. Drake Fong
  16. Khiona
  17. Aegir
  18. Zimkitha
  19. Evelyn
  20. Onatel
  21. Kunchen
  22. Frida
  23. Anzogh
  24. Margaret
  25. Ranvir — the latest addition this month

NOTE: The current HOTM is NOT included in the Legends Summon Portal.

:money_with_wings: Analysis of Summon Appearance Rates

NOTE: The odds for receiving a specific HOTM decrease each month, due to the pool expanding.

This table shows the cumulative probability of different Summon events, based on a total number of Summons (1x, 10x, 30x, 100x, 500x, 1500x)

Please note that NO occurrence is ever actually 100%; the 100% entries in the table below indicate cumulative probabilities sufficiently close to 100% that they are expressed as such for simplicity. All other numbers are rounded to the nearest 0.1%.

Occurence 1x 10x 30x 100x 500x 1500x
Get At Least 1 Old HOTM 1.3% 12.3% 32.5% 73.0% 99.9% 100%
Get At Least 1 of a Particular Old HOTM 0.052% 0.519% 1.5% 5.1% 22.9% 54.2%
Get At Least 1 of Secret Hero 0.1% 1.0% 3.0% 9.5% 39.4% 77.7%
Get At Least 1 5* 2.5975% 23% 54.5% 92.7% 100% 100%

Putting That in Perspective

• If 1 million players each did :one::zero: Summons, 877,000 of those players would NOT get ANY old HOTM

• If 1 million players each did :one::zero::zero: Summons, 949,000 of those players would NOT get Gravemaker

• If 1 million players each did :five::zero::zero: Summons, 606,000 of those players would NOT get the Secret Bonus Hero

:gem: Summon Costs

• Single: 300 Gems or 100 Legends Coins
  • 10x: 2600 Gems
  • 30x: 7500 Gems

:dizzy: Legends Coins

In-game tooltip:

Used for a free summon at the Legends Summon. You need 100 coins for one summon.

This item can be received as a reward from Legends Quests.

The appearance is a gold square coin with cut corners, and a gold star on its face.

:money_mouth_face: Offers

prices in USD before tax

_NOTE: The “Buy All” option was disabled due to a bug that caused overcharging: https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/t/solved-why-is-legends-prime-offer-is-costing-more-than-update-buy-all-option-now-disabled/184979._

:link: Related Threads

7 Likes

Ranvir should be added to the Legends Portal this month (June 2019 HotM).

This further disperses the odds of getting a specific past HotM.

Initial Release (May 2020) had the odds at 0.0542% of getting a specific HotM (E.g. Gravemaker).

June 2020 odds are now 0.052% of getting a specific HotM (E.g. Gravemaker)

2 Likes

That’s right folks. A 0.052% chance for those of you who are chasing a particular hero. Be smart. And a big (couldn’t be big enough) shoutout to the mods for pointing this out. It didn’t go unnoticed.

5 Likes

From the update for Version 30, it said that the new changes will be in the Valhalla on the 25th, so that means this TOL won’t be extended for an extra 12hrs or 24 hrs (whatever it was) right? That will be in the one next month, correct?

I will not be buying offers for this but will do my 2 free pulls. I assume same enemies and bosses so I will use the same teams I did last time. I have more heroes for 3* now though, so could mix it up a bit at the start

1 Like

I only had 3 of the old hotm so I was like that’s ok I’m not looking for any one particular one any will do so I went ahead 30 pull for 30 bucks… well I got a duplicate of the 1 of 3 I already had… and not even a marjana or isarnia as a consultation prize
… but honestly the event is a blast so fun… my favorite one by far…i was so worried about not making it to the end I used all 3 and 4* until last few lvl ended up with like 20 unused 5* :slight_smile:

Didn’t really wanna spend on this event, so I just hurled what gems i had stocked up at it, and came away with Margaret, who I hope is decent? I imagine she pairs well with a Telly? and i do like her elemental link skill <3

Quest finished, Friar Tuck and Hawkmoon from free coins. See you next month!

1 Like

Bought the offers to save gems for later. Used my coins and got an Athena - well, that was unexpected :open_mouth:

Was just going to level Master Lepus, but now with Athena I don’t know. Who is better? They are going to be used on titans and offence…

6 Likes

Two free pulls from the Tavern today: Valen & Carver - indeed, legends of the game. :wink:

Sonya and Peters enjoyed a legendary meal together; I think they hit it off and may be planning on going out to a movie next time.

Good gaming!

6 Likes

Athena is an excellent option for Titans, and very usable for Offense (and Defense too).

Master Lepus is solid for those uses too, though, particularly Offense. His contribution to Titans would just be his high attack stat in the stack.

I’d say if you’re facing fairly high-star Titans, max Athena first.

And if you’re facing moderate Titans, where a 3-70 Athena could survive well and do her job, then max Master Lepus first.

6 Likes

I got dupe gormerk and dupe bane and used as feeders

Thanks a lot of the Zephyr! I’ll take that in mind. We’re facing 11* atm, so I think a 3/70 Athena could manage it. Still leaning towards Lepus then!

3 Likes

2 free pulls - I salute you, my Legends!! Hawkmoon and Nashgar.

Or in other words - Ronaldo style :rofl:

1 Like

I pulled Magni! I already have one on my roster at +6. But considering that only 6 weeks ago I only had one 5* blue (Miki) and now I have three which includes my 2 Magni, I can’t really complain! :wink:

1 Like

Disappointing that they didn’t at least add a bonus ascension chest. One my alliancemates did a 10 pull and got Athena.

2 Likes

7 pulls. 5 garbage S1 3* feeders and 2 Kelile… as if 1 wasn’t enough. All the cards available and their garbage RNG spits out the same trash 4* twice in 7 pulls.

So I did my coin pulls robotically expecting nothing and this Goddess decided to show up and grace me with her presence. I’ll take it! :grin::+1:t2:

11 Likes

2 free pulls on that portal it is enough for me :wink:

4 Likes

Please remove S1 legends from this gate.

7 Likes

The increased difficulty meant that I only got enough coins for one pull which got me Gunnar.

Disappointed? Of course.
Surprised? No.
Inclined to spend money on the portal for more chances? That would be a very definite NO.

2 Likes