[Jun 9, 2019] šŸ”µ Trials of Fortitude Teams ā€“ Share Yours & Discuss!

First attempt took 6:57, second attempt took 6:52. haha. No items needed 2nd attempt as the boards were much more cooperative.

Made sure I recorded all the way to the loot drop haha.

This has historically one of my worst trials, but thanks to my current leveling projects, my team is much improved over last time; to wit:

• Melendor +7
  • Hawkmoon +20
  • Rigard 4^27
  • Boril 4^40
  • Caedmon 4^56

Compared to last time, my leveling projects - Boril, Rigard, and Caedmon - swapped in for Melia, Mnesseus, and Brienne. Notable upgrades, but a distinct lack of hitters.

Having so many healers made the mob waves trivial. I had never even tried stage 3 before, but I did this time. I was hurt by the fact that I mis-timed Borilā€™s riposte a couple of times. Havenā€™t used him much yet; need more practice. Could have killed Horghall easier - and probably saved Hawkmoon - if I had timed it better. Burned through three dragons to make up for my lack of hitters and two bombs so I didnā€™t have to fire healers as often. Lost Caedmon when Viv and Boril both targeted him on the same turn, but the rest of the crew was standing at the end.

Was pleasantly surprised how much difference it makes to have a purple hero against Vivica; she canā€™t heal enough or often enough to punish my lack of hitters. Long battle of attrition, but not as bad as expected.

Melendor to +8; cleric emblems in reserve for Boril, who will also steal the ones from Hawkmoon when the time comes. Trainer hero to Caedmon, who is well on his way to max. Little John is eager for his turn as green project.

2 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

The Battle

Itā€™s all about Brienne.

As in past iterations of Trials of Fortitude, her attack buff really made the difference in taking out Vivica and Boril without any hitters.

I brought along Revive Scrolls in case she got killed, but I didnā€™t end up needing them.

I just used 8 minor healing, and 4 minor mana.

Shiny New Emblems

Rigard and Melendor each stepped up a node, to +3 and +17.

When Melendor gets to +18, Iā€™m moving onto another Druid (Iā€™m stopping at +18 on all of my 4*), most likely Caedmon that Iā€™m currently leveling, although Iā€™m dreaming of Emblems on Gadeirus, Brienne, and Melia.

One day, I guess.

Click for Screenshots

Druids feeding Druids

Caedmon got the Trainer Hero, stepping up 3 levels to 3-51.

He should be ready by the next Trials of Fortitude, although Iā€™m not sure whether heā€™ll make this team.

I might consider him in place of Melendor, but weā€™ll see.

3 Likes

My team on previous trial, Rigard 4/70, Caedmon 4/70, Agwe 3/60, Zim +4, Kunchen +4.

Ran the same team for two stages, and on the final stage swap Agwe for Gadeirus 3/60, to gain his +48 attack boost for both Caed and Zimā€¦ Horghall fell first, then Vivic, it was fun watching Vivic dragging the battle. Used 8 minor mana potions, 3 axes and 3 carpet, just to truncate the battle.

The cleric emblems would go to Vivica, while both the trainer hero and Druids emblems would go to Alby.

My team last time: Horghall 2/60, Boril 4/70, Kunchen 3/70, Hawkmoon 3/50, Melia 3/50
My team this time: Elkanen 2/60, Hansel 3/10, Ariel 4/64, Guardian Owl 2/60, Kunchen 3/70
Last time I completed only the first two stages. This time I completed all three stages.

-I brought two healers: Kunchen and Ariel.
-I did find it extremely difficult to do damage to the bosses with specials. That is why I was unable to complete this trial the last time around. I speed leveled Hansel in order to help with that.
-I brought Boril last time but I found his ability didnā€™t do enough damage to keep up with Vivicaā€™s healing. He was too passive so I left him behind this time. Arielā€™s mana generation was much more useful in his place.
-My team changed significantly since last time. In fact, the only hero that stayed the same was Kunchen.
-The trials were MUCH easier this time around. Elkanen hits harder than Horghall. Arielā€™s mana generation helped keep Hansel charged to fire at Vivica and keep her from healing.
-I used mana to charge Ariel/Hansel. I used dragon attacks and bombs on the stage three bosses.
-The emblems are being saved for Ariel. Hopefully she is maxed soon. The last 20 levels for a 5* go so slowly.
-Hansel ate the trainer hero. It was a tough decision. I really, really wanted to give it to Arielā€¦ but a lot of experience would have been given up, so I stayed on color.
-For me, this trial was a great example of how powerful mana control was. Last time, I couldnā€™t beat this trial. This time? Using Ariel to increase my mana generation and Hansel to keep Vivica from charging made the trial much more manageable.

2 Likes

I brought Rigard/Melendor/Boril/Caedmon/Hawkmoon
Yes, thatā€™s 3 healers, but I wanted to have some Red damage. I lost Hawkmoon quickly though.

I did find it a bit hard to build a team with offensive firepower, but Iā€™m very used to using Boril, and he takes out Horghall nicely. Having 2 debuffers made sure to keep the bosses debuffed, until I lost Caedmon. then it became a grind to kill Boril/Vivica.
Got Boril first, then the slog.

1 Like