šŸ”µ [Jun 07, 2020] Trials of Piety Teams ā€“ Share Yours & Discuss!

Goes up to 30 on a 4* troop

2 Likes

My team this time:

• Chef Boldtusk +c20
  • Wilbur +20
  • Li Xiu +20
  • Boril +20
  • Candy Skittleskull +c9

Compared to last time, I maxed Skittleskullā€™s costume and have been giving her emblems along the attack path for clerics, basically just to give some more punch to my cleric options, so I switched her in for Leonidas 3^70.

I actually was concerned about killing the mobs too quickly on wave 4 and not being able to recharge Li Xiu and Skittleskull, but I just got them buffed back up just in time. Unloaded all specials on the bosses, and had reasonable boards throughout. Might have just been my wishful imagination, but it really felt like Skittles made a big difference. Used several items last time, and ended up needing none this time. Joon riposted twice, which was nice, and Tuck healed once, but thanks to Wilbur staying active, all three bosses were ready to go down about the same time. I did lose Skittles right at the end, and Li Xiu was critical, but I think that was basically just not being able to dispel Boss Boril. Super pleased with this run-through.

Emblems saved for Vivica and Wu, since I didnā€™t have enough of either to grab another talent. Trainer hero goes to Hu Tao, because I havenā€™t yet started Norns.

3 Likes

Chef BT+14 | Wilbur+6 | Mist+6 | Hansel+11 | Rigard+0 (poor Rigard)

Had to throw some mana pots at Hansel to keep Joon in check, but it worked as he never got to fire once. Boril went off a couple times before I could fire Mist, but being the daredevil I am, I kept shoving yellow and green tiles into him despite the riposte, and he too went down after a while.* Fat Tuck was a minor annoyance, but once the iron chef and Wilbur went off, he was gone in 6 red tiles.

1 cleric emblem short of bringing Hansel to +14 argggghhhhhh. Monk emblems saved for Jabberwock who will reach 4/80 in about 2 months lol. (currently 2/60, 1 tabard short of getting him to 4/80)

(*sidenote: this is why I laugh at riposte tanks, tile damage isnā€™t that bad and can be shrugged off early on in the battle. Plus riposte can be dispelled, or blocked by Malosi. Only times Iā€™ve lost to a Boril or Cyprian tank was when the opening board was so stunningly bad, I couldnā€™t get any on color matches for a few turns, and probably wouldā€™ve lost regardless)

2 Likes

This was pre costume days, but I used to have a Skittle at +20 on attack path and the attack was over 800. That made her super useful for mobs in provinces. She is by no means the best, but better than the rep she gets on the boards. Nice work :+1:

2 Likes

I like seeing Agwe get some play! Kudos :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Late start on this due to AR.

• On the bench: Viv, Grazul, Ma North, Lianna 1, Hansel, Mist, Gafar, Elk 3.70, Rigs 1 and 2, Valeria 1 and 2, Wu, Li Xiu, Agwe, Boril, Jabbar, Wilbur 2, Chef BT, Sumle
  • Up and coming: Aeron 1.1 (will start him once Clarissa is finished

I got to the bosses with all but Lianna ready, I used her to finish off the last trash mob before proceeding to the bosses. I unleashed on them. I donā€™t have any subsequent screenshots because they all died simultaneously, in a hail of tiles.

Trainer to Gullinbursti, emblems to Joon and Viv.

5 Likes

I posted this in last monthā€™s thread:

Luckily I remembered that I had issues, and looked back. Team was Skittleskull - Rigard -Boril - Leonidas - Elkanen and worked on first try, although it was almost a continuation of last month. Elkanen is max now.

I did carpet bomb it.
I used the exact same artillery amounts on the bosses.
I couldnā€™t get them to hit a riposter.
Both wings died again.

3 Likes

Cleric hitters hard to come by so maxed due to trails, does help! plus lagoon family bonus can add up somewhere got wilbur gato gilra 4* all special set to fast
Also a gobbler is like 2/23 or something forgot I had it.

3 Likes