Jump in to one alliance, offering to merging, and then left. Is this spam recruiting?

If someone jump in to an alliance, offering to merging anda than left, is that allowed? He is not trying to recruit someone, but offering to merging. And then he left without any conversation at all. Is that also a spam recruitment?

The massage is like this:
(He jump in)
hi there, if you want to…why don’t we merge my alliance with your alliance so we will be a strong team. I’ll wait in my alliance.
(And then he left)

Some says it is a spam recruitment, but some says it is not, because he is not trying to recruit, he is trying to offering merging.

I’m confused.

If your alliance is ‘open,’ then anyone can join. Coming in, saying something, and leaving doesn’t break any rules.

It’s strange that they ‘offered’ a merge, but didn’t provide further details. Usually there would be some discussion between members of what’s expected/required.

‘Spam Recruiting’ is just repeating the same message over and over in Global chat.

Its not NOT allowed but it’s generally viewed as being poor sportsmanship.

1 Like

I got one of them last week. I thought dropping into an alliance and trying to recruit the leader a but odd, but I wasn’t offended. I feel that I have encountered the Zodiak Killers before, I just don’t know, for the life of me, where? I can’t find them in search but was originally able to follow the recruiter; maybe they have special characters that need to be matched? I was going to pay them a vsit!

Is it can be called as spam recruitment?

No.

As I said. Its not NOT allowed. Just not viewed as being good sportsmanship…

I really don’t think one instance constitutes ‘spam’.

Ok…the point is that is not allowed to do that.

Ok… it’s not a matter it’s spam recruitment or not, the point is it is not allowed.

Thank you for your answer, i really need this answer.

The point that @Guvnor explained that it IS ALLOWED. It just isn’t considered polite to do it!

Again…

it is NOT not allowed… as in there is NOT anything that expressly stipulates that this behaviour is not allowed/ is against the rules…

(Double negatives = a positive)

2 Likes

Owh…i see…sorry to misunderstood. I thought you give a big pressure to say no twice. I understand now…thanks.

2 Likes

At the very least this person came in with a “purposeful” message.
Much better than Flo.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s not disallowed but it’s rude.

I’ve known people who think it’s acceptable behavior but at least one of those folks often “went off his medicine”.

It’s also referred to as poaching and most players are more considerate than to stoop to this level.

Good luck!

3 Likes

Owh…sorry i misspressed the flag button, what should i do to cancel it?

1 Like

Nothing :slight_smile: we got it.

Serious question here…
The game does not allow private messaging, and neither does the forum. The global chat rooms in game are chaotic and useless. There is no personal information available to contact other person.
Why would be considered poor sportsmanship to jump in and ask or suggest to merge? I think is a valid method. Actually we did it once and turned out pretty well for both alliances.

4 Likes

This is my conclusion after gathering information from here.

Jump in to ask merging is allowed, that’s not breaking the rules. But if you jump in, leave a massage and than left without any conversation at all will considered as an unpolite thing. That’s breaking the rules. The point is not the purpose, but how they way the person do it. It will be okay if you jump in, make a conversation with the leader, and make a deal. That’s more polite. So if you did it once and success, maybe you did it in polite way.

Because there are some people get banned after doing such thing like this. They unpolite, and then get reported.

CMIIW…

1 Like

Fully agree with this. Mergers are a very good way for alliances to grow (or sometimes just stay alive)
The real problem is that the game offers no other way for people to start discussing, than to join the alliance and use alliance chat

2 Likes

Twenty characters…