🔵 [July 7, 2019] Trials of Justice Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

I was a little bit nervous with the items selection, but they have all done a decent job, even Friar Tuck lived long enough to help his neighbours. I hope the next time Justice will replace Cyprian (Wilbur is much more important here)

4 Likes

Team last time,

Team this time

Learnt an important lesson: was torn between taking antidotes and healing potions, just because my team was weak, I needed mana potions and at least two types of nukes, so I chose antidotes, big mistake! :smile:.
Cyprian my center forward, whom the game plan was centered around ( mainly to punish Richard and Joon), received a pat at the 1st mob wave and was dying, died eventually on the 3rd wave.
Lesson learnt, his tile damage was so pathetically low that, repeated special of Aegir could not heal him. Partly leveled Leo and Joon on my team were then exposed at the boss wave, as a result Leo died, followed by Joon.
Then amazingly, synergy between Aegir and Frida kept both alive, and was able to get rid of Richard, then Justice and finally the boss Joon.
Items used,: 2 minor antidotes, 5 mana potions, 4 axes and 1 dragon attack.
Banking all emblems and trainer for now.

3 Likes

My team this time:

• Sonya +10
  • Bane + 20
  • Gunnar 3^50
  • Leonidas 2^60
  • Thorne 2^53

Compared to last time, Sonya is up 4 talents, Bane is up 3, Leonidas is up from 1^1, and Thorne has tagged in for Tyrum 3^50. I know it’s weird to be excited about Thorne, according to most folks here on the board, but he’s one of only six legendaries on my roster, one of only two legendaries on my roster that isn’t yellow, and I have the mats to take him all the way to 4^80, when I anticipate him becoming my new tank, taking Sonya’s emblems. Plus, he has one of my very favorite character designs. So I’ve been eager to get him some meaningful game action to see just what I’ve got, and this was my first opportunity except some late war teams. At this level, he was still kind of disappointing, but more durable than Tyrum, for sure.

Last time, I barely passed the last stage of the trial on my second attempt. This time, it only took one attempt, but it required significant carpet bombing. Gunnar’s spirit link was not as effective at helping me conserve health potions as it was last time; not sure why. There was one neat instance where Bane had blinded Justice, causing him to miss everyone, so that was cool. Mainly, though, this trial reminded me why I generally hate color stacking unless it is against Titans. When you can’t find the tiles, you really are in a mess. When one of your stacks is yellow against 2 out of 3 yellow bosses, the problem is compounded. I got Justice lower than half health, Richard to about half health, and Joon at maybe 2/3 health before I had to unleash the arsenal. Five bombs, five axes, and two dragons to claim the emblems.

Paladin emblems go into storage for Sonya (and eventually, Thorne). With Bane maxed now, monk emblems are just sitting. Trainer hero goes to Li Xiu, who will hopefully be joining for this trial next time around in place of either Bane or Gunnar. My monks need shoring up, so I figured taking Leonidas to 2^60, then maxing Li Xiu, then coming back to Leonidas to take him to 3^70 was the most efficient way to get that done. Between those two and the continued rise of Thorne, I hope to report better results in the near future. Since I have reduced my item usage on other trials recently, I don’t mind to carpet bomb this one for now.

3 Likes