🏅 [July 7, 2019] 12th Raid Tournament! — FAQs, Teams, Discussion, Matchmaking Feedback, Defense Team Tracking, & Rewards

NOTE: Based on the volume of posts from the previous Tournaments, there will not be separate threads for matchmaking feedback OR defense team performance tracking this time.

Please share matchmaking feedback and defense team performance tracking in this thread.

:spiral_calendar: Schedule

Preparation Phase Begins Battle Phase Begins Rewards Distributed
2019-07-07T08:00:00Z
(08:00 GMT)
2019-07-08T08:00:00Z
2019-07-13T08:00:00Z

:no_pedestrians: This Week’s Restrictions & Special Rule

:fire: :leaves: :snowflake: :new_moon_with_face: :sun_with_face:
Elements Allowed
:superhero: :star2:
Hero Rarities Allowed
:person_fencing: :star2:
Troop Rarities Allowed
:fire: :snowflake: :new_moon_with_face: :sun_with_face:
No Nature/Geeen
:four: :star:
or lower
:three: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Buff Booster

Each buffs adds an attack multiplier!

:left_speech_bubble: Before and During the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

• Do this week’s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?

• Are there heroes you’re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally don’t make use of anymore?

• Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?

• What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?

• Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think you’ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?

• Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?

• Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?

• Are there elements of this week’s Tournament that are unclear to you?

• Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

With Raid Tournament matchmaking still being worked on, the distribution of attacks across players has been perplexing so far, and a frequent topic for discussion.

When posting, include:

• Which day of the Tournament is it?

• How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?

• What is your Defense Team’s win/loss record today, and in total?

• What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?

• Which heroes make up your Defense Team?

• What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?

• What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

• What was your score and ranking?

• What did you get for loot?

:world_map: Guide to Raid Tournaments

An overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments – Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

:thinking: Feedback on Raid Tournaments

:bug: Bug Reporting

Please see these threads for existing bug reports before creating a new report

Click for Existing Bug Reports

:link: Related Topics

Click for Older Threads

General

11th Raid Tournament

10th Raid Tournament

Ninth Raid Tournament

Eighth Raid Tournament

Seventh Raid Tournament

Sixth Raid Tournament

Fifth Raid Tournament

Fourth Raid Tournament

Third Raid Tournament

Second Raid Tournament

First Raid Tournament

Older Threads from Before Raid Tournaments Launched

3 Likes

This is what I am waiting for:

4 Likes

2 Likes

Thinking about this … not sure about WuKong?

Alternatives to Wu might be:

• Gretel +15 emblems
  • Sabina +18 emblems
  • Wilbur - maxed but no emblems

Any thoughts?

Humm aint boril better tank? And wilbur in the corner he might only fire after 2/3 heroes are death… this is going to be and hard one…
I would say this is the grimm offense tournament…
I am struggling to build my defense team and each one seems weakest than the other…

3 Likes

Sabina Grimm Kiril Triton Wu

Red and green are almost out and there will be stacks of blue hitters and purple healers. Nevertheless a yellow buffing wing will be okay.

1 Like

Reworked

2 Likes

Think I’ll try this out

2 Likes

Was thinking about BT, bit that would just do the blue stack easier for the enemy, so I think those 5 should do a decent job

1 Like

Havent had much success in 4 star tourneys. Hoping this team will be what I need to make an A grade:

5 Likes

Wow that’s a lot of emblems there. Good luck!

4 Likes

Going all blue cause I think the team should do well together. Neither BT (+15) or Proteus are happy about riding the pine but that’s life in the big leagues. Anyone suggest a different order tho?

3 Likes

I like my dispellers towards the left…in case the attacking team runs counterattack…then Grimm wont be committing suicide on an attacking team running counterattack.

2 Likes

Swap Wilbur for Proteus or leave as is ?

Swap Sonya and Grimm or another setup? With all the complimentary buffs and wanting to keep the squishier heroes protected it seems something has to be out of place.

Hello everyone, I am thinking of using the following team as defense. Do you think it’s viable?

My other maxed 4* options are:

• Boldtusk+9
  • Colen+6
  • Wilbur
  • Tiburtus+11
  • Proteus+6
  • Danzaburo
  • Chao
  • 2nd Grimm

4 Likes

Yeah…I was thinking of maybe Triton on the outside and Grimm flanking boril…Grimm is squishy, so I see the concern there. Maybe just swapping Grimm and Sonya is the answer

1 Like

Almost identical to what I’m going to run:

Sonya
Kiril
Boril
Grimm
Triton

Boril just shy of max, I think even my Grimm is identical to yours at +18, the others are maxed with no emblems.

Here’s my logic: Sonya at far left for the dispel, and while I’d like to tank Kiril, I think the combo of Kiril flank and Boril tank is stronger than Boril flank (which I really don’t like) and Kiril tank. That means one of Grimm / Triton has to hold the other flank. They’re both squishy, so I’d rather give Grimm a chance to catch splashed tiles and fire early-ish in the fight. Triton, being fast mana, should fare better in the corner than Grimm would (in terms of how likely they are to fire at a time that affects the fight).

3 Likes

I think I’d prefer Wilbur to Proteus here since the former buffs, while the latter makes the opponent’s stack of yellows more effective.

2 Likes