🏅 [July 7, 2019] 12th Raid Tournament! — 4* Buff Booster, No Nature/Green

Maybe you guys hit on the reason why the loot is still nerfed if that is really happening, lol. That would be a major bug.

I’d consider swapping out Jackal for Tiburtus.

Jackal is squishy, even with Emblems, and only hits one target. And his elemental debuff isn’t likely to do much on Defense, since he’d need to hit the same target again before it wore off to get an advantage from it.

Tiburtus will be much sturdier and hit 3 targets, and the mix of him and Grimm on Defense will be very punishing if both fire before the defense debuff from one wears off — which barring a clear or buff by the attacker, has a very long 6 turns to connect. It’s also a nice anticipatory counter to attackers bringing Kiril, as the defense debuffs will overwrite the defense buff from Kiril.

Doubling up on purple with Sabina and Tiburtus will also encourage stacking yellow, which has low tile damage in 4* except for Wu Kong, and lacks a 4* healer or dispeller.

2 Likes

I’ve tweaked this a few times, but I’m thinking of trying this for Defense:

3 Likes

Similar

1 Like

Yes, this is true, not all attacks are counted toward your Defense Grade:

It’s by design, not a bug. Whether it’s a smart design decision is debatable.

1 Like

Your Kiril is stronger than Boril. Also, perfect riposte is easy to defeat. And another thing… What power was set automatically? Because you will be attacked by the similar teams. I think you had over 3700, and this 3547 seems too weak… It is not mandatory to be all blues :slight_smile:

Hmmm. Somehow I missed reading that or just assumed it would never happen to anyone.

1 Like

That is identical to my defense, so I hope it ends up working well. I love all the buffs. Sonya dispels, then Kiril gives 2 buffs, Boril 1, another from Triton.

1 Like

Not on the basis of Defense and HP, and I’d like to force an attacker to fire a dispeller earlier than they might otherwise.

Boril is 13.2% sturdier than Kiril at their current stats, using the 2*Defense + HP method of evaluation.

My highest TP combination of 4* is 3870, but would use Wilbur, Grimm, Proteus, Falcon, and Boldtusk.

Given the disallowed greens for this Tournament, there’s little argument that 320 extra TP would be worth putting 3 reds on my Defense.

EDIT: I checked, and the default team it set for me was actually Wilbur, Falcon, Proteus, Scarlett, Boldtusk. Definitely not a good fit for this Tournament.

1 Like

I have Kiril tank, with Sonya and Triton flanks. All 3 heroes T18. I didn’t decide yet, what to do with my corners.

True and not even one of them is fast. A Sabina would help if talented. Mine is T19. Because I don’t have Mitsuko :frowning:

Mitsuko is a 5*, you couldn’t use her in this tournament even if you had her…

Edit: I’m half asleep. You meant that is why you emblemed Sabina; you don’t have Mitsuko. I’m dumb :stuck_out_tongue: Please disregard!

1 Like

My Sabina is at +7, and is likely to join some attacks for this Tournament.

I’m not giving Emblems to 5*, so even if I had Mitsuko, I’d still be giving the Emblems to Sabina. Ameonna is next up after her.

You didn’t understand. Mitsuko is sorcerer, as Sabina is. That’s why my Sabina is T19, because I don’t have Mitsuko. Savvy? :slight_smile:

LE, Ah, OK :slight_smile:

Yeah, I just edited. I’m sorry. I’m half asleep :rofl: My mistake. I’m sorry.

I’ve been exclusively embleming 5* and I still do well in tournaments where 5s are excluded(actually, I do much better in tournaments that don’t allow 5s).

Not even barbarian emblems for GM or Kage (if you have them, oc)?

OK, Grimm looks nice with 812 A, 618 D and 1249 HP, but even so, some 5* heroes worth emblems more than 4*. Like barbarian, because Grimm T20 is still weak imo…

I have neither, but if you gave me every 5* in the game I still wouldn’t be giving any of them Emblems right now.

1 Like

Thank you for the advice @zephyr1, it makes sense. I will swap out Jackal for Tiburtus. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will give you a Drake, because I have two of them. Just insist with that sugestions for trade :rofl:

1 Like

I’d love Drake, but at the same time RNG loves to give me holy 5*, so I’d need even more Darts than I already do — holy are 5 out of my 10 unique 5*.

1 Like