🔵 [July 21, 2019] Trials of Serenity Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

Fairly straight forward for me today. Team was:
Frida, Tiburtus, Falcon +11, Triton+18, Queen of Hearts +3.

Stage 3 was pretty straightforward and I only had to use 3 medium heal potions to ensure my heroes were in good health going into the final battle. On heroes charged and diamonds ready to fire. The final battle lasted about 30 seconds. Queen of hearts with 3 minions is pretty stupid and acted like a pseudo heal.

Paladin emblems go to Falcon. Ranger emblems being held at the moment. As much as I love him, I don’t want to take Triton past +18 (I have more than enough to max him). Trainer hero is also chilling for the moment while i decide who to work on next.

6 Likes

My Team Last Time: Lianna+6, Frida+5, Khagan 3/70, Tiburtus 4/70, Chao 4/70
My Team This Time: Lianna+6, Frida+5, Guardian Falcon 4/70, Tiburtus 4/70, Chao 4/70

-I used antidotes to deal with the blind and attack debuffs.
-Trials without a healer are always tough for me.
-I do have Cyprian at 3/60. I didn’t bring him.

-Nothing huge. Swapped Guardian Falcon in for Khagan.
-I was hoping Falcon’s higher durability would make the trial easier, but I didn’t notice much of a difference.
-Some healing pots, antidotes, axes.
-Hoarding all emblems for now.
-King Arthur ate the trainer hero.
-I have some decently leveled heroes for this one but I still find it quite difficult. I don’t have anyone else I’d be interested in leveling. I’ll have to rethink my strategy for next time. Maybe more color stacking instead of my usual rainbow. Color stacking would be great with Frida.

7 Likes

Team : 3380 TP
Evelyn 4/68, Tib and Sonya 4/30 or thereof, cyp 4/70, justice 3/01

Changes: removed Chao 3/60 for a 4/30 tib

Final thoughts/ Reflection : Both sonya and tib and chao were all 3/60 but decided to take a few to the next level and complete them. So i have heores specifically for this trial. Pulling Lianna a couple weeks ago means she will be used with Evelyn. Going to push justice to 3/60 and see if his blins helps…

Yes i did use timestops, dragon and bomb attacks and health pots in this. Still not an easy challenge

Antidotes should be brought along! And i keep forgetting, hopefully blind from my justice helped reduce these effects

Fewer healer options do make it more difficult with my roster.

Cyprian is needed . I like him for this challenge.

8 Likes

Chao in place of Tyrum.
First trial for Chao :partying_face:

It was so f@&$ing ugly :pleading_face:. Used all health potions by wave 4. Needed 3 arrows and 2 bombs to clear wave 4. :tired_face:
Used everything remaining and all specials, which were enough to kill Richard and Chao.
Lianna was fully charged to unleash against my Sonya with riposte on!!! :partying_face::star_struck:
missed hit :flushed::exploding_head:
Managed to kill her with a cascade, but oh god it was close.
Definitely a trial i hate :rofl:
Anyway, Sonya will get to +12 when iron/ham gets high enough and both builders are busy, so, maybe next year :joy:
Ranger emblems on the bench and trainer for Kiril.

5 Likes

My team last time.

My team this time. I was mildly worried that Buddy would step on Athena’s and Arthur’s debuffs, but it was manageable.

Had everyone locked and loaded going into the final fight, and Queen had a full complement of minions in front of her. She soaked a couple of hits from Richard and Lianna. I managed to keep an attack debuff going nearly the whole time. Toward the end, I ran out of healing pots.

With Richard down, I focused on Lianna, and then finally on Chao.

Trainer goes to Athena. Emblems are going to Queen or are saved for Athena.

6 Likes

Hello,
I cleared the first and second stage with this crew.

Beside these, Gunnar, Berden, Tyrum, all maxed, are my allowed heroes.
I hesitate to try the 3th.
Didn’t have any major problems and didn’t use any items, on the firts 2 stages
4000 points seem too hard for me.
Have fun
Wolf9
:sunglasses::grin:

5 Likes

*Justice in Stages 1 and 2 blinds your whole team, and Richard in Stages 2 and 3 causes an attack debuff. How did you deal with that?

Antidotes. :sunglasses:

*Did having few healer options in the Paladin and Ranger classes impact you?
Nope, none of the paladins or rangers I have don’t heal.

• Paladin Cyprian can be effective for killing AoE and multi-target hitters like Justice and Richard. Do you have Cyprian, and if so, did you bring him along?
    Yup, got him a day or two ago and have been feeding him my one star heroes until I get Proteus to 4/50 then I will level up Cyprian to 4/50.

• Did your team change notably since last time?
    With the addition of Cyprian, it helped out a lot.

• Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?
    Made it a lot easier.

*What items did you use, if any?
Arrows, and antidotes.

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?
    Gonna stockpile ranger emblems for when I get Chao to 4/70, as for the pally emblems, that is gonna go towards tyrum to max out his grid then after that, Cyprian’s grid is up next.

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?
    Didn’t beat stage 3, team is still way too low to attempt it.

• Anything else interesting to share?
    Cyprian made this trial a heck of a lot easier. I am a big fan of counter attack. My first counter attack character was Sumitomo. And counter attack has come in clutch for me when needed.

Here is the team I rolled with:

I realized too late that I had Cyrpian in the wrong slot, i changed it for when I attempted level 2.

5 Likes

LoL, 1 strong hero missing.
What a cool message :rofl:

4 Likes

I used RedHood, Seshat (7), Evelyn, Buddy, Lianna

I autoplayed the first two stages, then manually did the final stage. By the time i was ready for the final bosses I had a grand mixture of 15 minions and fully charged heroes.

Went Evelyn, Buddy, Used Lianna and Seshat on Richard to start. It was sad to see the bosses die so easily. I think they just got discouraged and gave up.

6 Likes

@Olmor & @PapaHeavy, Thanks for the encouragement to try. The mob waves actually went quite a bit better than expected. If you can go into a wave with Tiburtus and Thorne ready to fire, it really makes things go a lot smoother. Gunnar was pretty effective at helping conserve healing potions. Berden did go down right before the boss wave, unfortunately. I was impressed at how fast the bosses’ HP came down with specials. I almost took out Lianna with tile damage and specials alone. I fired one dragon and one bomb each. Tiburtus also died, but I had Gunnar, Thorne, and Sonya still up with Chao ready to fire his special. Was still trying to let the dragon burn through and conserve items, so I fired some more tiles… and charged both Lianna and Richard.

So, in short, this should have been an easier than expected win, but my stinginess made me look like a total moron! Will take about 15-20 minutes to build up enough WE to try again. With similar luck, I should be able to pull it off this time.

7 Likes

Better nuke them all down than hoping to win by tiles. Their slashes quickly kill a half dead team.

In one of the last trials I also was too stingy with battle items and ended up needing a 2nd try.

4 Likes

Redemption. Everyone made it through to the bosses this time. Didn’t get as good a board on the bosses, so it was easier to make myself use items. Still tried to hold off as long as possible on item use. Opened with a bomb and dragon. Was able to let the first dragon burn through and fire off another. Berden and Gunnar both went down shortly after. Without Gunnar for damage mitigation, it was time to clean up. Used all axes, three dragons, and four bombs in total, but didn’t even have to use all my healing potions. Maybe by next time around, I’ll be back to leveling Thorne, which I think will make this easier.

Sonya to +10, Tiburtus to +13, and Kiril gets a tasty snack. A great result! Thanks again to all who provided encouragement. Gunnar is like a three-and-a-half star, especially in situations where you have no healers eligible.

8 Likes

Congrats on making it through! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks for always making these threads where we can talk through the decision!

4 Likes

Awesome @Noble_Weasel!! Congrats!! Knew you could do it!!

6 Likes

This trial almost ended badly! Cyprians riposte came through but we lost a few soldiers before it came into effect. I had just taken Sonya to the last tier to max her and Chao so they were a little stronger so that helped a ton and the arrows helped a ton and time stops. I fed the trainer to Sonya and the emblems to Cyprian and Tibertus

7 Likes

My team

I’ve been working on levelling Jack, but he is squishy epitomised with his def down after he attacks. All heros had specials ready to fire at the boss stage (thank you mini + med health pots), and Jack fell quickly thanks to Chao, even with Cyprian’s riposte in play.

I took two bombs (that’s all I had) instead of axes or arrows, just to be sure. Turtle banners took the edge off Richard and Lianna’s attacks.

Trainer hero… perhaps Richard as I work towards my first maxed 5*. Although, Athena is patiently waiting for some attention. Emblems will be safe in my inventory until Richard is ready… maybe :thinking:

7 Likes

I think the results speak for themselves.

Recreated team, though Frida might’ve been slightly lower level, and the troops were probably different because I’m bad at double checking and updating them.

7 Likes

Not sure what my previous team was cause I’m late to posting.
Finished all.
Ended up carpet bombing the end for simplicity. My teams and troops can all get to the final bosses. After
that gers trickey.

Saving 3* trainer for next 5* max.
Wish there was more healers.

4 Likes