šŸ… [July 21, 2019] 14th Raid Tournament! ā€” 5* Buff Booster, All Elements

I definitely prefer 4* tournaments where I have a lot more options. I usually do the worst in 5* tournaments as well. Last one excepted, I got top 1%. Hopefully this time, too. Only reason I shoot for the top is the reset emblem and the chance at 30 emblems(got 20 from last weekā€™s).

RNG hates me on the ascension mat. I always get a scabbard or tall boots. Ugh. I realize how low the chances for a 4* item are, but Iā€™d be happy with trap tools or a sturdy shield(I need both badly). Hopefully this time.

I agree. This Tournament will be a lot like normal raiding for me.

Iā€™ll be using mostly 4* heroes against mostly 5* teams, just like usual.

6 Likes

Yup. Iā€™m still not comfortable enough with mono. I just donā€™t know how to play the board properlyā€¦ so, a lot of 3/2 in this one. I think Poseidon will be an asset. He is fast and casts 2 buffs on everyone.

1 Like

Suggested exactly this today.

But I would even participate with a 1* team. You donā€™t have to do anything and get some loot afterwards. Just hit participate and set up a defense. Takes less than a minute and will throw some free items, even if youā€™ll finish last place.

4 Likes

Although i dont have it and in my opinion Aegir is a stone absorver and not a great tank.

I think for this tournament aegir might be one of the best choice for tank. Include a dispeller and a healer (aeron) and poseidonā€¦ if your defense mange to trigger all thoose buffs your defense team will finnish the attacking team easilyā€¦

1 Like

The Hatter will be a hero Id rather avoid to fight under these rules if there would be reroll feature :frowning:

5 Likes

Going with my normal raid def this time. Itā€™s light on buffs but I donā€™t have great options for buffers at the 5* level. I am wondering tho if mitsuko at +7 would work better than justice.

1 Like

Do elemental links count as buffs?

Indeed they do, though theyā€™re easier to make use of on Offense than Defense, since you wonā€™t typically want to stack the same color on Defense.

(Other than when the Tournament drops one color.)

1 Like

Was there any information on how the restrictions are rotated?

We have had a lot more 5* tournaments than 3* and it is hard to be competitive in the tournaments if you do not have a large roster to help color stack.

It certainly appears to be random, the Tournaments so far havenā€™t followed a discernible pattern.

This is the 6th 5* Tournament, and weā€™ve had 3 3* and 5 4*.

For so few of them, that could easily be either RNG noise, or an indication that 4* and 5* will be more common than 3*.

According to Staff, 1* and 2* Tournaments are possible too. The fact that we havenā€™t seen one yet makes me guess that the chances of them are lower than others. So perhaps thatā€™s true for 3* as well.

I use mostly 4* heroes against mostly 5* enemies in Raids and War, and do so in Tournaments as well.

2 Likes

I would hope that 4* would be the most common. Those are the most fun for me. Powerful heroes with awesome abilities that arenā€™t a big deal to level.

I donā€™t have any maxed 1 or 2* heroes :confused: I still canā€™t decide if they are worth the roster spaceā€¦ I am a collector, so I like the idea of having one of everything maxedā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m a collector too. I have a rainbow team of maxed 1* +20. But, after this tournament ends I will feed them to my 4* heroes. I need more space for the 4* Iā€™m getting from TC20.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up that next Tournament will be 1*. :wink:

5 Likes

Without storing any feeders Iā€™m at 247/265 in my roster. I save all my 4*+, hoping Hero Academy is usefulā€¦ I also have one of every 3* in the game maxed(other than Rudolph, who I donā€™t have)ā€¦ 400 gems to add more roster space now :confused: but I do want to get one of every 1* and 2* in the game maxed. I just canā€™t justify it right now.

3 Likes

Hah! That made me laugh. Thanks!

2 Likes

Youā€™re welcome. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And Iā€™m in a similar boat on my Roster ā€” 225/230, holding onto all 4*+ to see what Hero Academy will do, and Iā€™ve got 33 maxed 3*, with more in the works.

2 Likes

Roster space is getting to the point where it isnā€™t cheap anymore. From the looks of things, it will be quite some time before the Academy is seen in Beta. They are working on a lot of stuff right now.

35 maxed 3*, I canā€™t wait for December when I can get the last one Iā€™m missing. I donā€™t have any duplicates leveled. Or kept. So many 4*'s thoughā€¦ I may have to start trimming them a bit. :confused: Only so much storage space I can justify buying, ya know? Especially when there is no guarantee that the heroes Iā€™m holding on to will ever be useful. After what I saw for Alchemy lab, Iā€™m worried that Academy will be just as big of a disappointment. Still, they have a history of listening to feedback(no entry fee for tournaments!), so Iā€™m reserving judgement on Alchemy lab.

1 Like

For 3*, I have some duplicates leveled for specific purposes, and other duplicates kept. Iā€™m closing in on reducing those a bit ā€” some Iā€™m holding onto in case I need to fix stuck specials, so those can get eaten as I finish leveling.

I trimmed my 4* a while ago, before Hero Academy was announced, but havenā€™t since. So Iā€™ve got a lot of duplicates of some heroes. There are a fair number that Iā€™m happily leveling duplicates of, but plenty that will never see the light of day.

Thankfully I donā€™t Summon a ton, and Iā€™m pretty much done Summoning until Season 3 other than EHT for Season Events and Atlantis Coins. So itā€™ll mostly be whatever TC20 delivers along the way at this point.

2 Likes

Dang! 33 maxed rare heros?! Thatā€™s ridiculous! And holy roster slots Batman!

1 Like