🍻 [July 2020] Portal Stats, Summon Results & Offers – Tavern of Legends

This thread is for information and discussion on the JULY 2020 Tavern of Legends Summon Portal, and sharing Summon Results.

:broken_heart: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache: a personal opinion note from @zephyr1 :bow_and_arrow:

I typically present Summon Portals dispassionately, providing information and letting players draw their own conclusions about the worth to them.

But I feel obligated to point out:

The Tavern of Legends Portal has the WORST odds of any Summon Portal in the entire game for getting a non-Season 1 Hero.

If you would be happy with ANY old HOTM, the odds are terrible, but perhaps acceptable for bigger spenders.

The more old HOTM you cross off the list of ones you’d be happy with, the worse the odds get.

Any players without large budgets would likely be better off spending their gems elsewhere. If you have a large budget, or have run out of literally anywhere else in the game to spend gems and still want to spend them anyway, Tavern of Legends might be for you. (I think you’d be better off just reducing your spending instead.)

For all other players — especially those who dream of a particular old HOTM from the list — I can’t recommend anything except making use of your free Legends Coins earned during the Tavern of Legends Quest, and moving on.

While some will get lucky, there is nothing to be had here but extreme disappointment for the vast majority.

You’re going to see alliance mates and Forum posters who get lucky. Please remember that the excitement of luck is contagious — but can lead to severe heartache if you pull impulsively and don’t experience the same. Celebrate their successes, but keep a level head in deciding and sticking to your own budget.

Please proceed with extreme caution when deciding on a budget for your Tavern Summons, and don’t spend more than you’d be happy to have spent on feeders.

As usual, We’ve provided an analysis of the Summon Appearance Rates farther down in this post.

:game_die: Tavern of Legends Portal Appearance Rates

Season 1 (Classic) Heroes

• Rare Classic Hero: 71.0%
  • Epic Classic Hero: 26.5%
  • Legendary Classic Hero 1.2%

TOTAL: 98.7%

Past HOTM

• Legendary Past Hero of the Month: 1.3%

SECRET BONUS DRAW

• Legendary Secret Hero: 0.1%

Link to Legendary Secret Hero Information: 🍻 Myztero – 5* Purple/Dark -- "Secret" Tavern of Legends Hero

NOTE: The current HOTM is NOT included in the Legends Summon Portal.

:clipboard: Included Past HOTM

Past Heroes of the Month are included in Legends Summon when 12 months have passed since their original release date.

Past Heroes of the Month (HOTM) available:

1. Hel
  2. Athena
  3. Ares
  4. Mushashi
  5. Alberich
  6. Thoth-Amun
  7. Perseus
  8. Natalya
  9. Zeline
  10. Delilah
  11. Aeron
  12. Alasie
  13. Gravemaker
  14. Gregorian
  15. Drake Fong
  16. Khiona
  17. Aegir
  18. Zimkitha
  19. Evelyn
  20. Onatel
  21. Kunchen
  22. Frida
  23. Anzogh
  24. Margaret
  25. Ranvir
  26. Seshat — the latest addition this month

NOTE: The current HOTM is NOT included in the Legends Summon Portal.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get an old HotM?
Below Maths is current as of July 2020 portal.
Subject to change as additional heroes are added to the Portal.

It’s important to remember that the Tavern of Legends Portal has the lowest odds for a specific hero of ANY portal… No amount of summoning will guarantee a Featured Hero.

You have a 0.05% chance of summoning a specific Past HotM from the Tavern of Legends Portal.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 0.499% chance of summoning a particular Past HotM (12.27% chance for ANY Past HotM).

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

(Each 30x Summons costs 8,000 gems or ~$79.99 USD).

# of Summons ~ USD Cost Odds for Specific Past HotM
100 $266.63 4.88%
211 $559.93 10.00%
1,386 $3,695.54 50.00%
5,990 $15,971.34 95.00%
9,209 $24,554.26 99.00%

Putting that in Perspective

• 96 out of every 100 people will spend ~$266.63 USD and WON’T get a specific Past HotM by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 960,000 of those players wouldn’t get the specific Featured Hero

• 5 out of every 100 people who will spend ~$24,554.26 USD and WON’T get the specific Featured Hero by the 5,990th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 5,990 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the specific Featured Hero

:framed_picture: Odds Explained via Picture

A good graphic showing the overall odds & what you can expect from the various summons portals made by @Dorkus:

:gem: Summon Costs

• Single: 300 Gems or 100 Legends Coins
  • 10x: 2600 Gems
  • 30x: 7500 Gems

:money_mouth_face: Offers

prices in USD before tax

_NOTE: The “Buy All” option was disabled due to a bug that caused overcharging: https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/t/solved-why-is-legends-prime-offer-is-costing-more-than-update-buy-all-option-now-disabled/184979._

:link: Related Threads

Historical Tavern Summons Threads:

2 Likes

I believe this game is ridiculous. :joy:
I’ve stop spending on summons as of july, just free pulls from saved coins in foreseeable future… First got Noor couple of days ago and now:

P.S. This is my first non-3* pull in this portal. Did more than 30 pulls in May plus some i June. Accept super lucky pulls, but do not spend in this portal. The chance of throwing money away for feeders is huge!

9 Likes

Bought one offer. Of course only got a feeder. Completed enough levels to get 100 coins. Pulled Alberich!!! Got excited and bough 2 more offers. Feeders again. I should know when to stop but I’m very happy! Alby is not the hero I needed/wanted the most but he will always be solid, so it’s quite satisfying. Last Tavern I pulled Athena from 5 pulls. Very nice exchange rate so far :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I bought an offer last month and had some leftover coins, so today I decided to use them. On my third pull: Alasie! I’m super happy cause I missed her before on Atlantis. Today is going to be a good day :smiley:

5 Likes

I bought all 5 offers, and got Anzogh, Rigard + 3x 3* feeders
I then had 2600 gems so decided to do a 10 pull, and got Li Xiu, Skittle and 8x 3* Feeder

Then for my 2x coin pulls from finishing the event, i got: Renfeld + Sabina

3 Likes

I got cyprian and karil from free summons, and have no intention of wasting gems
because IMO it is by far worst summon portal of all.

3 Likes

I got 2 5*s from a 10-pull, but they were Thorne & Perseus, both of whom I already have. Sigh…

3 Likes

Dawa Fong, and AlBelith, no surprises here

8 Likes

Congratulations to all those who were able to get a HOTM with a x10 pull or less ! consider all of you super lucky.

Last tavern i got the big offer, not this time im sorry SG.

Did the two free pulls: Isshtark and Gan Ju . GG. Well played

2 Likes

Renfeld + Little John. Such legendary pulls!

5 Likes

LMAO :rofl: :thinking:

2 free summons:
Boril, Boldtusk.
Both became food.

2 Likes

@Guvnor You initial opening is the best I’ve seen yet. It encapsulates exactly what ToL summon portal is like.

But I still expect the outpouring of grief and regret after the 30 for 30 deal we will get on the last day.

Nothing seems to antagonise people quite like that deal does.

1 Like

Hu Tao. Went to feed Pixie because why not.

2 Likes

Tyrum and Valen from the free pulls.

1 Like

Finished the Tavern quest with ease as usual. Summoned twice out from the free coins gotten from the quest. First pull was my nth Boldtusk. Second one was:

I am neither elated nor sad. This is my 2nd one from Tavern, the first was from ToL1. My first ever GM emblemed was obtained from the early Atlantis Rises when he was featured.

EDIT: Zeline, Delilah and Hel elude me again.

12 Likes

The expected result: Prisca and Bane.

I think we need more reports like that in this thread because when people read it and see the extremely lucky 5* pulls, they would be tempted to spend money. But in reality this portal is not worth it.

8 Likes

I’ve decided to edit my post and add the valuable info: in May I took 30 pulls offer, plus these smaller ones… And got only 3*. The fact that this time I’ve got Khiona out of free pulls will not make me spend here again. Happy to accept every super lucky pull, but that’s it.

3 Likes

Berden and Brienne from my free coin pulls.

2 Likes

5 pulls
3 hero 3*
2 hero 4* Kashhrek & Cyprian - I already had both :unamused:

1 Like

2 pulls and got drake :rofl: my account is attracted to yellows!! I’ve got ranvir, Inari and leonadis still to level, only 5 darts :tired_face:

9 Likes