🔵 [Jul 29, 2020] Trials of Strength Teams – Share Yours & Discuss

No changes (other than an emblem or two, and finishing Mok-Arr):

Boldtusk +18 / Kingston +10 / Elena / Mok-Arr +2 / Grimm +20

No problems, though I did use a couple of healing potions on Elena. Mok-Arr liked to charge himself right as the first boss fell, leaving him useless against Oberon, but the first two levels are no problem anyway. He made up for it on the third level. Elena’s riposte killed all three bosses.

Trainer is going to my second Wilbur, emblems to Kingston and Mok-Arr.

4 Likes

“All Vanilla” challenge of @Muchacho

Or mostly…

Team used:

Battle:
Used my health pots & an antidote (+ an axe); even then was a near thing lol… realised after that I had Magni (3-70) who could have gone in for Lancelot and contributed more… Oh well…

More: 🎭 Guvs YouTube Videos / Channel

Rewards
No reset token.

Emblems for GM and Killhare.

Trainer saved for now.

11 Likes

Finished! :slight_smile:

With this team:

Used a few small mana and small antidotes and two arrow attacks.

Emblems are for the 19th node for GM and for Fenrir (his first).

Trainer hero will stay on the bench for a little while since I’m leveling Fura and Jott at the moment.

Thanks and enjoy playing!

5 Likes

Took this used some items. End bosses picked on Kingston so lost him early on the final battle Poseidon took one for the team buy killing Nashgar.

Fighter to Kingston rest in storage

5 Likes

I Love :fire: V :fire:
Sad day though, very sad :sleepy:
Colen has been replaced by Tyr

Awesome set up this one

Result of gem going off :raised_hands:

Down went the big Boy followed by Junior

Counter couldnt stop me :fire: :fire: :fire:

Emblems for Tyr, trainer for Gazelle

6 Likes

another one, this is my 6th and i’m committed to doing this to the end :slight_smile:

not much change for me this trial, as my only eligible non-vanillas are Sir Lancelot and Malosi 3/70.

the costumes make a big difference, allowing me to bring costumed Joon and Sartana for sniping punch. Grimm is my only eligible blue, and Boldtusk my only healer (would be so afraid of this challenge without him). Elena to turn the bosses’ strength (heh) against them.

Elena was my first target as I have no answer to her own riposte, and I’ve suicided on riposte so many times before that I always plan when facing it (especially deadly given all the high-attack heroes I have along).

reached the boss stage without spells charged because of an unexpected cascade last mob that wiped out the enemies…

Azlar went off, used an antidote. then used mana pots to charge Boldy, Joon and Sarty, then tiles finished off Elena before she went off (she was close to charging). rest of battle was relatively uneventful, Nashgar maimed himself on Elena’s riposte. Azlar went off once again, but was finished off quickly by the Boldy/Grimm/Sarty/Joon pile-on

Fighter emblems take Elena to +6. Barbarian emblems banked for Malosi, I got nearly 300 now.

6 Likes

Frankly, since I have been playing till now, Jott would be my first maxed slow 4* hero, all regular slow 4’s are still at 3/60; quoting your word, I am just loving him…he is amazing on Red Titans when strategically set up.

3 Likes

My team:

No items used.

The new emblems will go to Malosi and Magni.

6 Likes

Gormeck +1 - enemy defense down
Nordri +8 - elemental defense down
Boltusk 3/60 - attack up + healer
Miki 3/50 - special attack up
Misandra 2/60 - just for strong color against the bosses

Fire that blue diamond on the board and it was game-over for the three bosses. It was a brutal slaughter. They hadn’t got the chance to fire their specials. They felt faster than the monsters in farmmap 8-7. Miki’s silence wasn’t needed.

4 Likes

My team this time:

• Poseidon +10
  • Azlar 4^80
  • Boldtusk +c20
  • Gormek +20
  • Little John +20

Just like last time, Poseidon gained one (very expensive) talent compared to the previous iteration. That’s all. I’m itching to try Grimm/Magni in place of Gormek/Poseidon for some serious blue tile damage, but I just didn’t think they were ready yet. Grimm is at +11 and Magni is at 4^31. That’s still a lot of squishy, and I don’t have a great feel for Magni yet, anyway.

Mob waves were pretty easy. So easy, in fact, that for the second iteration in a row, I made a blunder in the last wave, entering the bosses with only Poseidon and LJ charged. I was able to recharge and fire my reds, and I took down Nashgar before he fired, but not Azlar, and once Azlar fires, you are on the clock (because I’m a doofus who always forgets to bring antidotes). Ended up needing two bombs and two dragons to finish. Annoyed with this result because if I’d had everyone charged going into the fight, I probably would have finished with no item usage. I can’t imagine I won’t be ready to try the Grimm/Magni combo next time, so we’ll see if that goes any better.

Not enough emblems to gain a talent for either Poseidon or Grimm. Trainer hero goes to Elena, who I guess I could also consider swapping in next time, but she would only help if the bosses fire, and the whole goal here is to make sure they don’t.

4 Likes

Switched things up a bit this time…

Can’t remember when I last went into this trial without BK - also left out my two Guardian Kong’s.

Ran instead with:
Miki, Delilah, Mok, Kage, Panther.

Still no trouble :slight_smile:

6 Likes

As Bubbles i tried something different this time.

Before i used

Boldstuk - Colen - Lancelot - Hu tao and Gretel

Today i did with

Bolstusk- Nordri- Jott 3/25 - Lancelot- Grimm

I did much better with that blue team even with a partially leveled Jott. What a wonderful blue we have there . Glad i have started to work on Jott because he made a difference even at those early levels.

I will keep the emblems for a bit but im thinking about giving barbarian ones to Jott

7 Likes

Dude seriously. I swapped out obakan +1 for nordri. Yes. Swapped a fully leveled five star hero for a three star. I strolled through this trial. No items and thanks to the elemental debuff, it took one move to kill all three bosses on the final stage. How bad is obakrap?!?

3 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

No change
Other Option

Battle

Decent starting board with heavy minion and 4 heroes mana ready.

With double grimm and Miki silence, only need some blue tiles… and it is fast. No item used.

Reward

Emblem Barbarian keep for now maybe later for Little John, Fighter emblem I think I would spread to +4 on Kingston, Panther, Poseidon and Magni.
Trainer goes to Gormek :muscle:

8 Likes

Team last time / Team this time

Swapped out Boldy for Delilah, but bad boards made for lots of items used. Will probably try again with same team next time.

Emblems saved for now, trainer to kashrek w/ costume.

6 Likes

Different approach this time, team last time was rainbow Poseidon, Kage, Misandra, Boldtusk, Kingston. This time went with Miki, Misandra, Magni, Tyr and Boldtusk - way better decision!

Azlar fell immediately to blue tiles, Elena followed to specials and a couple of red tiles. Nashgar even managed to fire once before it was also over for him…no items used, New team is approved :grin:

Trainer goes to Tyr #2, emblems to Panther and Kage.

7 Likes

Used the following team and didn’t need any items.

All rewards stocked.

9 Likes

So … I screwed up. I did the quest in a hurry on a work break and wasn’t thinking. I used the same team from last time. That team happens to have Gretel who is, in fact, NOT a vanilla or costume hero. As you’ll see from the photo, I had 4 maxed w/ emblems vanilla hero options on the bench too, which makes it more frustrating. My apologies, I meant to. You can’t help stupid though …

The team:

Went well, no items used. Gretel (streak wrecker, it is clearly her fault. Definitely not mine) went up a node from what’s pictured. Fighter emblems to the bank because node 8 on Magni is F’ing crazy!

:beers:

9 Likes

Limited selection of 5* so went with all 4* team:
Grimm+10, BT+7, Lance+7, HuTao+7, Colen+1
No items used, good amount of red tiles, easy victory.
Trainer to GM 4-74.

5 Likes

I used cJoon +12, Malosi, Grimm +11, Gravemaker +13, and Boldtusk +18. No problems. Trainer hero to Black Knight 2/56. Barbarian emblems to Gravemaker. Fighter emblems are being saved for Killhare. She’s at 4/38 currently.

5 Likes