🔵 [Jul 22, 2020] Trials of Shadows Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

Reset token YES

4 Likes

Same team as the last time

Again Brynhild did a good job keeping her flanks alive.

Trainer, reset and emblems saved for now.

5 Likes

No changes from last time (except possibly a couple more emblems):

Marjana +13 / Peters +1 / Skittleskull / Domitia / Sabina +20

I used a couple of mana, healing and antidotes, but it went extremely smoothly. It seemed to take forever on the bosses on level 3, but they weren’t much of a problem.

Trainer for Raffaele (currently 4/42). Marjana is no longer on defense, but no rogue is there either. Will have to consider what to do with those. Sorcerers are stored up in the vain hope that I some time get a decent one…

4 Likes

Team used:

Swapped Khiona out for Costume Li Xiu to fit the all vanilla hero challenge from above.

Battle

More Vids: 🎭 Guvs YouTube Videos / Channel

Rewards

Reset token saved; rogue emblems for no-one particular. Sorcerer Emblems are for Norns next.

9 Likes

Same team

Poped the queen of dodge

Along with the other dodging princess

Just took my time really

Trainer saved along with emblems

6 Likes

All-vanilla challenge here we come!

Rogue Li Xiu, Scarlett, Marjana, Kelile, Sabina. This battle turned out to be a bloody one; was setting the board up to have a nice Yellow diamond for boss stage, but it got popped in Wave 4 cause I had no other useful move available.

Also forgot to bring antidotes to cure the attack debuffs, making the battle last longer.

Lost Scarlett early, then Kelile, then finally Marjana. Enemy Domitia hits hard!

Finally finished them off with only Sabina and Li standing, plus a time stop and couple dragon attacks used.

Rogue emblems in the bank to bring either Marge or Inari to +4 (leaning towards Marge as I use her, Hansel and Caedmon-C against Telly tanks a lot). Sorcerer for nobody in particular (all I have are my two Sabinas and Skittles, all already well-emblemed); might spend on a 3*. Blue trainer to dupe Valeria.

8 Likes

I’m working on Brynhild so she will be done before the next set of trials. Recently started on Costumed Kiril and hopefully he will be done by then too.

Use some healing potions and bear banners to cleanse the atk down.

5 Likes

My team:

Mono yellow. No trouble at all. Used a few small mana pots at boss level but could have won easily without it as well. Very short battle. Ended with entire team at full health!

Yes to reset emblem. Trainer, emblems banked.

8 Likes

My team:

Had to use a couple of antidotes to negate the attack debuffs. Emblems and trainer hero hoarded for now. :slight_smile:

@Circe By any chance are you from India? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yes I am :blush: Was it the time stamp? :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

PiBs, Locke, Norns, Alice, cIsarnia

No trouble at all.

3 Likes

Oooh. Nice. Not in the time stamp, but I thought your name sounded familiar, and as I was browsing my local top 100 rankings, there I saw you. Nice to meet you. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sorcerer and rogue are (were) my weak spot. Last time I used jahangir and Hawkmoon(c).
Now a lot stronger in these classes: kiril(c), marjana (3/01, just ascended to 3rd tier for the last round), kelile (4/70) / jackal+7 / danza +6. Left almur+7 on the bench, as green deff down isn’t really usefull when he is the only green hero in the team. Next round will probably also bring sabina as healer (currently being leveled).

Marjana got killed when hit by scarlett and slashed by domitia (or reverse), but kiril kept the rest alive and the bosses debuffed. Jackal reversed domitia’s yellow protection. Used 5 major antidotes (minor would probably have been just as good, but I had these selected from previous rounds), one bomb to finish skittle when she was nearly dead, but had no tiles under her, and one for scarlett and a few mana to fire jackal to reverse domitia.

5 Likes

Nice to meet you too!

I wanted to PM that instead of spamming this thread. However, after 15 mins of forum searching and increasingly growing doubtful about my technical skills, I finally discovered that it is disabled. :woman_facepalming:t2:

6 Likes

No items used. Battle took too long because Almur got sniped early. Other than that it was very much doable.

5 Likes

In the forum only the mods can PM you. Here’s my Line ID (the_pirate_king) if you want to get in touch. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My team this time:

• Shredder Kiril +20
  • Skittleskull +14
  • Brynhild 4^70
  • Domitia +18
  • Marjana 4^80

Last time, I speculated that I should have switched in Brynhild for Sabina +20, and thanks to @Guvnor carrying on the great tradition of these threads started by @zephyr1, I was able to look back at my post and remember to do that. :+1: Heal isn’t as far-reaching, but tile damage is better with green, as opposed to purple, and the mana boost for slow-poke Skittles is nice. Also, Skittleskull is up five talents over last time.

Mob waves weren’t much of a challenge, and I entered the boss wave with all specials charged and a red diamond on the board. Went after Boss Skittleskull with my snipers (she doesn’t dodge) and took her out in relatively short order. Turned my attention then to Boss Scarlett, and surprisingly, she didn’t dodge as much as usual, so she went down pretty quickly, too. Set off a green diamond on Boss Domitia, which basically sealed the deal.

Shredder Kiril was the MVP again. Almost lost him once when Boss Domitia sniped him and I was afraid Boss Scarlett would finish him, but she thankfully turned her attention elsewhere. Used antidotes throughout to keep attack down at bay, but it would have just been a longer fight with the same result if I hadn’t. Skittles and Kiril kept attack down on the bosses for most of the fight, which was no doubt a critical factor. Thing is, I didn’t notice Brynhild’s special bringing that much to the party, but based on a sample size of one, I’m still pleased with this lineup.

Saving all emblems right now, since HA upgrades are eating all my iron. Trainer hero goes to Magni, who claimed the scopes today and is well on his way to becoming the force of nature he was meant to be.

5 Likes

Maxed Alice last week. Time to give her a chance to compete…

Trained Magni. Need more emblems to up a worthy hero. Nice reset token without using items.

7 Likes

Finished with healing as my healer not strong

6 Likes

Doing the vanilla & costume challenge with @sleepyhead and @Guvnor (and anyone else who wants to)

The team and bench:

The challenge rules out Jackal, Danzaburo, and Ameonna. Only viable alternate then was Skittleskull +1, but left her back as Scarlett drops A at a better value already. She would also be my lone green. It was also fortuitous timing to drop the emblems from Ameonna (who was +18) to Quintus (now +6) last week.

Truthfully it wasn’t nearly as hard this trial as I thought. I am sure other trials will be harder with the challenge. I used a few minor antidotes to alleviate attack down, 1 mana pot, and a couple health. I did lose a few heroes to the bosses as Domitia hits a lot harder than I thought. I didn’t worry much as it was relatively in hand.

Jackal went up a node from what’s pictured. Sorceror emblems to Quintus who is two short from node 7.

:beers:

7 Likes