🔵 [Jul 15, 2020] Trials of Decimation Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

I apparently decided “Mana control? That’s a thing.”

Kiril +12 / Jean-François +4 / Sartana +10 / Elena / Kingston +10

I could/should have taken Proteus (and/or Merlin) along, but I guess not… Still only used a few small manas and healing potions (and antidotes), so not too challenging.

Emblems to Jean-François and Kingston. Reset goes onto my pile of twenty something of them. Trainer for Mok-Arr,

6 Likes

Good fun… Isarnia and Delilah are the queens

6 Likes

No Proteus used again @Muchacho :slight_smile: admittedly the remaining heroes are pretty jacked…

First time running maxed Kingston, Killhare or even sartana costume.

Team: Killhare +5 | Panther +2 | Sartana Costume | Kingston | Melendor Costume

Boss fight.

Set board up with all specials charged. Popped the specials and board off:

Played the board a bit, their specials charged and fired but didn’t do much of anything thanks to Killhares Undispellable Defence Down & Kingston’s Attack Debuff.

First to fall was Ulmer in the middle. Then quickly followed by Oberon (who revived) and finally Balthazar:
Screenshot_20200715-173837_Empires

Rewards:
Trainer for Sartana (normal). Not enough fighter emblems for a new node. Wizards waiting for Sartana normal to be maxed (now 4-65).

10 Likes

Team last time

Team this time
Way better. Proteus and Monstress of Descenthia on the bench.

Used skills to save gem

Saved Kiril for after Ulmer fired to put D back up, couple times actually

Easier than the last one
Trainer saved, emblems will go on Tyr when i have enough for the next node

7 Likes

Good going… but isn’t bringing Hel missing the point of No-Proteus challenge? :slight_smile: Hel is like Proteus amped up after all.

6 Likes

let’s do this!!

All-vanilla team again… though I do have a couple of costumes :slight_smile: thankfully, the colors of the enemy make it easy to do all-vanilla.

And Hu Tao finally gets off the bench…!!! Last time I used him was mono-Yellow offense in a 4* Tournament… oh wait, he’s also on my 7-4 farming team :slight_smile:

• Hu Tao and Joon to stack against Balthy and Obie,
  • Caedmon to cleanse Oberon and Ulmer + strong color vs Ulmer,
  • Kiril as backup against Ulmer,
  • Isarnia for pain

Alas, was not possible to do without items. I had a Yellow diamond set up in the last wave before bosses, but it popped when I did a Blue match to charge Kiril and Isarnia. Oh well. Went in to the boss wave, specials a-blazing. Hu Tao earned his keep, blinding the bosses - Balthy’s first attack missed completely. An Issy/Joon 1-2 punch plus wave of tiles finished Oberon.

Alas, Balthy’s next attack killed Hu just as he charged… so revive scroll to not waste the special. Used a Tornado to charge Kiril up as Issy was in danger of dying; the defense boost helped my team survive Ulmer. Caedmon hit next to cleanse the defense debuff, and ghosted tiles re-charged Kiril for a heal.

And the finishing move? Kiril-Issy-Hu Tao 1-2-3 punch!

whoo, Hu Tao earned his keep here. I promise, I will use him more for late war teams and 4* Tourneys from now on!

Emblems in the bank for Isarnia and Elena (my 4s are fairly well-emblemed already, so I’m working on bringing my 5s to +6 or +7). Trainer to Sartana’s costume.

6 Likes

Ima take leap of faith here and see how it will go.
Team will be:

1. Kiril 2. Sartana 3/70 3. Valen(if it stays alive 1 def down on boss will help) 4. Kashhrek 5. Colen +7

Won’t nuke the boss but will use time stop probably and tornado (as few as possible), will post video if all goes well here wish me luck.

11 minutes battle :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Trainer for Freya & Fura 1st node.
No holy, no items, no problems.

9 Likes

I decided to try my latest gal pal Alfrike and benched Proteus because I felt too lazy to time the two specials. Saw the no Proteus challenge here after I already finished it :joy:

Team was a breeze (I know I know should have placed Magni better but again … felt lazy :see_no_evil:) No battle items used, no heroes lost in fact four were left with full health and one around half.

Trainer to Raffaele. Stockpiling emblems.

Also reset emblem - Yes!

5 Likes

[quote=“Guvnor, post:8, topic:190419, full:true”]

[/quote]

Your recruits :sob::sob:

20 characters of silence for the lost souls …

3 Likes

Just seeing no proteus I’ll remember n try next time. New team BT Colen Poseidon out this time. Lost Kiril at the end used 2 small mana 1 medium.IMG_0048

Emblems to Kingston and guin trainer mok-arr

4 Likes

Easy enough. Used a few minor mana potions only.

Emblems will help me later on.

5 Likes

The team and the other options:

This is now the second trial where I have multiple viable options, which is relatively new to me still. I am used to deciding between maybe one or two.

I went with Hu Tao because I finally got that :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: panda after 3 years and want to try him. Plus he is strong color against mobs and 2/3 of bosses. Overall he performed well and the blind was nice on more than a few occasions.

I took Fura for no other real reason than I didn’t want so many healers. I also use her a lot in various ways to try and figure out her best fit. She is my only non 3* S3 hero and gosh darn it I will make her work!!! :laughing:

Magni to hit hard and boost D

BT to heal and boost A

C-Fake Gandalf to boost D and heal like a madman. Until I get to Raff he is by far my most potent healer even if he is weak on mobs.

I didn’t because go with Kashhrek because he didn’t really offer anything compared to the others. I didn’t bring Kiril because I already had two healers who also boosted in the same way. He was strongly considered for a blue stack though. Here I went with Fura for damage over a 3rd healer. Colen … I just didn’t? I guess strong color and blind of Hu Tao replaces him. Pre Hu Tao he came along for this.

Had really good mob boards and the boss boards were decent. I lost Fura early as they seemed to have it out for her … maybe they were mad a fellow purple hero was attacking them? My initial C Melendor D boost wore off just as Balthazar’s special went off. In the same turn Balthazar fires all slash attacks went against Fura and that was that. Rest of the battle went fine, a few minor items, I won without much concern of losing.

I kind of liked it, I don’t usually go with that many colors at once. I am a 3-2 type guy usually. This trial used to not be that enjoyable, but with the added options it was pretty fun.

Fura went up a node from what’s pictured. Fighter emblems I need to decide. Magni needs SO many for node 8 and as a FTP that seems like such a poor use of resources. Colen I rarely use and if I want everyone burned alive I bring Azlar. Given his use frequency that seems a bad investment as well. Hu Tao is a new option but, again, he isn’t even in my titan team so I question his frequency of use. I may hoard the fighters for a bit … :thinking: decisions …

Cheers and good luck trialing! :crossed_fingers:

No Proteus’s were harmed in the completing of this trial :+1:

9 Likes

Only if you want to. I have no REAL authority over anything … ever :rofl:

:beers:

6 Likes

My all-vanilla team was Colen - Kiril - Sartana - Isarnia - Boldtusk

BT → Isa → Colen is pretty sweet.

7 Likes

I bench my two Proteus too.

In the bench

Kiril, Proteus x2, Hu tao , Jean Francois.

6 Likes

I decided to swap out Sunny Joon and Kingston for JF and Killhare.

On the bench: Sunny Joon, Kingston, Magni, Poseidon, Panther, Elena, Hu Tao, Sumitomo, Lancelot, Boldtusk x2, Sartana, Victor, Merlin, Proteus x2, Gandalf, Colen, Onatel 2 3.70, Kiril, Kingston 2 3.70, Tyr 3.70, Avenging Caed

Got to the bosses with everyone ready except Onatel. Humph. With no yellow matches in sight, I tread carefully for the first few moves.

I finally got that match, but both Oberon and Balt went off on me, the latter targeting Isarnia. She pretended to dust off her shoulder and directed him to try harder.

A rain of tiles took both of them out. Killhare finished Ulmer.

Trainer to Dom’s costume, emblems to JF and Killhare.

6 Likes

Completed with Magni, Costume Joon, Onatel, Boldtusk and Jean-Francois.
Used 4 minor mana and one purple banner

3 Likes

My team this time:

• Poseidon +9
  • Onatel +7
  • Kiril +c20
  • Boldtusk +c20
  • Proteus +16

Only change is Proteus up 8 talents. (How is Poseidon still at the same talent level after a month and a half? 125 emblems is a lot, I guess!)

What this team lacks in raw punching power it more than makes up for in survivability and mana control. The most helpful aspect is the double-yellow of Poseidon + Onatel against mobs that feature purple prominently + two purple bosses. Waltzed through the mob waves and approached the bosses with all specials charged and a red diamond on the board. Onatel or Proteus controlled mana for every turn of the fight. Balthazar fired once, but my guys were hearty enough to shrug it off, and Poseidon’s trident made him pay for his sins. Thought I’d get away with not facing Oberon’s DoT, but the sucker revived four consecutive times! Ulmer was at half-health the first time I killed Oberon, and I seriously thought Skeleton Boy might outlast him. Anyway, the boards were not amazingly good, but certainly more than cooperative enough that I didn’t break a sweat - or use any items.

Not enough emblems for Poseidon (still!) or Proteus to gain a talent. Now that I’m trying to upgrade my shiny new Hero Academy, I probably couldn’t afford the iron anyway. Trainer hero goes to Gafar, the prize of my Sand Empire pulls this year.

4 Likes

It be something different plus have quite a few of wizard and fighter maxed so not a problem :beers:

2 Likes