Journey for better heroes - A painstakingly long road to TC20 (and beyond) for a F2P

Congrats on your Lady Woolerton, and enjoy your Tarlak @Shohoku79! :partying_face::tada::confetti_ball:

4 Likes

A little “now that the cat is out of the bag” moment, whether it was consequences of the Hero Museum being released or what not, it seems that Fated Summons counter will count a costume as a separate entry from a 3* - 4* in the summons portal. That is, if you pull a 3* costume, it would count as +2 on the FS counter, and a 4* that has double costumes in the Masquerade could effectively +3 to your FS counter. I found this out when I pulled a dupe Mnesseus costume last AR, apparently someone did eventually bring it up and now it is likely this will be fixed in the coming releases (hence the cat’s out of the bag moment).

Any way, I had about 120 keys saved up for not summoning in quite a bit of the previous Masquerades, another 10 would be available for finishing the event this month, I’ve at first decided I was not going to spend too many keys at first, but finally decided against that decision and spent all of my spendable keys in the summon portals this time.

I guess from the standpoint of someone who did 26 summons, my results aren’t spectacular, no 5* with costumes, and mostly dupes.

But what I now have new are:

• Jahangir - This now completes my S1 3* costumes collection (until they decide to do second costumes for S1 3*)
  • Chao - This was one of the S1 first costumes I was missing, scratch one and now I have (BT, Wu, Grimm, and Cyps 1st costumes left to get).
  • Caedmon 2nd costume
  • Kelile 2nd costume
  • Gormek 2nd costume

These last 3 opens up my 2nd costume collection (any *). Unfortunately I no longer use any of these terribly much, so it’s just collections (for projects to work on, and gems for completion). Also, throughout these summons I went around the bonus chest 3 times, which ended up getting Gloves, a Scope, and Darts (not too bad from a Mats standpoint).

My FS counter went from single digits to 59 after this, it’s time to start saving keys again.

5 Likes

GZ on your new additions, Caedmon#2 is particularly excellent!

2 Likes

Not too much on the major acquisition front, but just some slight update since the last time.

Magic Tower came around, and at least hoping for just another FS counter increase got me Dölgöön, my first Magic hero. Another 3* green to work on, after first finishing up Zarola.

More Mighty Pets this month, though they aren’t exactly who I would say belongs in the Empire and Puzzles world, them being talking anamorphic animals kind of gives them a place here, having only Ribbit on my roster, from a Black Friday portal, it should’ve been just a grab the coins and save for future CF2, although looking at that portal, even though I am still missing a few in there, it’s starting to look like I will be seeing more dupes than I will see new ones there. I made the conscious decision of spending the 3 summons saved up, prompting getting dupe S1 3*, and was not really done yet, decided to get one 10x in there, seeing if I might at least get a Rufus to shore up the 3* squad, and maybe grab Easy Breezy Cover Girl HoTM on the way.

No HoTM, dupe S1 3* galore, things aren’t looking too good (or should I say it’s just another E&P day), dupe Ribbit, then I got a new Waddles. I have my first shifting mindless attack hero on the roster. Sorry to have shot down many of your kinsfolk in the name of valor.

That’s another few tickers up the FS chart, 15 away from making a decision on who to grab on this list, decisions, decisions.

4 Likes

Today seemed much like any other weekend approaching day. The weekly webstore free gifts continue to be an overall better acquisition of summoning currencies for seasons 2 - 5 than their normal iterations. I still like doing Atlantis Rises because the Sea Dragons drops are always coins and loot is increased. I don’t put much faith into finding Gnomes (and when I do they aren’t always coins) so free weekly coins are definitely better, and until I am done with season 4 and 5 for their stage rewards, these are going to be continuously going to be better source for coins. If I don’t pick them up first thing each Monday, I’d generally do them before they go away. Free is free.

So having already picked up Underwild Coins from earlier this week gave me enough for a summon, right when I was fixing breakfast for my daughter, didn’t even see clearly who was featured other than more costumes for season 4 5* and still nothing for the 3* and 4*, the screen swirled yellow, I was thinking probably another dupe Poppy and the FS can go up by one, out of all the season 4 acquisitions, she does seem to show up the most often.

The FS counter didn’t go up. I picked up Professor Lidenbrock and her costume. My first season 4 5*, my first season 4 5* costume, and my first overhealer at the 5* position. Not going to lie, character-wise I think I’d find some other characters more appealing than Prof here, I am up to province 26 in season 4, is she even involved in the story at all?

But that’s still three firsts comprised of essentially 2 heroes in one pull, I am certainly not going to complain too much.

It is definitely adding to my glut of yellow heroes to work on.

Until the next time, folks.

6 Likes

A very nice drop! GZ Shohoku!

1 Like

Quick update time.

Thanks to bug in V.57 of (Aether Crystal summons, of all places) where costume pulls were counted twice (thrice if there was a secondary costume), I was able to get my Fated Summon meter up much quicker than the first one. It is almost decision time, and I had a few candidates in mind. Let’s face it, most of the FS heroes aren’t for the top shelf (at least not any more). But with the exception the first row of S1 vanillas, are still heroes that I mostly don’t have and would really love to add to my collection. That bug has been addressed in V.58, pity. But at least they allowed the metered counts to stay on your counter rather than taking them away.

I actually had enough dupe 5* for Tier 1 and 2 for the Soul Exchange that occurred this month. While it would’ve been a no brainer for me consider Alby at tier 2 (no 5* reviver on my roster here), I still wanted to shoot for a Tier 3 exchange during my game play so I stayed my hand. I probably would need to end up purchasing roster increase though, it is getting tight again and I am pretty certain I won’t be able to hold 20 dupe 5* until the next SE unless I purchase roster relief.

Costume Chamber arrived and the previous bug that upped my FS counter quickly pretty much had me just end up using keys instead of saving them, gems are still being saved though. So I have enough for 5 pulls after the 2 from the event. Dupe 3s, but I did manage to get a new Wu Kong costume. It helps me more because his normal form is still my primary damage upper. I haven’t even touched Tarlak and probably won’t for a while. The costume is going to essentially be a stat boost to his normal form so I can help his survivability. This also takes my S1 4 costume 1 collection down to all except BT, Cyps, and Grimm. There is a little rolling of the eyes because Wu will likely be getting a second costume in the future, and some of these costumes have been pretty lazily done (mostly just play on stats and %).

Challenge Festival 2 came quicker than I had expected, didn’t we just have it a short while ago? I haven’t even started on some of the heroes I acquired there. They are really milking the releases on these portals, I have a feeling that even with this release of 1 new 5* (a blue 5* Zarel?), they are probably not done with this portal yet. I had enough for two pulls from the coins I had plus the ones for finishing the event. Threw the coins in, dupe Zarel. She seems to arrive very often in CF2, the second one flashed blue, breath held. Not the 5* new pretty lady, but it is still a new Garyas for me. If I am reading his cards correctly, he seem to do what Jott would do but at average speed while Jott is slow?

This does complete my 3* and 4* bards collection (unless they decided to make more).

My next update should come after picking someone from FS, it’s getting close.

1 Like

It’s update time, with Solstice Summons waving its hands at me on a daily basis, I have no doubt I could probably get someone new if I do a 10x or 30x, which I have the gems to do so, but won’t because I have my own priorities, plus I have plenty of heroes to work on for all the elements for the time being. Besides, taking the individual summons is more expensive per summon vs the mass summons and doing the mass summons will take me over the FS counter without them being counted.

With me still working on Season 4 and can still get some Underwild Coins, I was able to get enough for 2 summons so far when Underwild hits this week. Dupe Caedmon on the first (again beating the odds but failing to get into the pool season 4 4* heroes), then the second pull is dupe Poppy, she shows up quite a bit on season 4 summons for me. Roster is now ready for the newest member. After going through all the candidates minus the first row (not taking any S1 even as chips for SE) and my roster’s current projects, the cards themselves, the chances of me grabbing some of these heroes outside of FS.

Without even really considering for the need (I really don’t play like that), but straight up the art, and which color I had the least amount of projects on the table to work on. I picked Gefjon and the red-headed Goddess of the Harvest is now in my camp. FS is back to 0 again. Honestly, I’d have also wanted to get Sif, she’s also pretty, but unlike my experiences a few years back, I have actually the most amount of yellow heroes waiting to be worked on now (where as I ran out of yellows at one point). I picked Gefjon really because I have least amount of reds left on the table, and she’s such a beauty to look at.

I am not sure if I am going to reach another 100 on the FS before this list resets (with less than 90 days left to go), but if I do, I would probably give another look at the beautiful Lady Sif again (despite my traffic jam at the yellow). Her avatar is one of my favorites in this game, by the way.

Until next time.

4 Likes

Contest of Elements makes its revolutionary return back to the Holy element. I wasn’t able to finish the event due to roster mismanagement and didn’t have enough heroes to finish, using what I had learned from being able to finish the Ice, Fire, and Dark CoE, I am hoping this time I will do much better.

The mobs and mob bosses hit really hard and the meat shields I bring with the maxed 3* aren’t doing a very good job staying alive, not with that jerk Jequn sniping all at Very Fast speed at the end wave. But I was able to finish the CoE this time, using every usable hero I could (not counting the unused ones who were too weak for the later stages).

Summoning coins first game me Zione, the Wakanda lady with the mechanical arms. She is the first CoE hero I have, and at first I thought she was a 5*, because you know, the developers like to release 5* and 3* and 4* were more like afterthoughts. The words on the forum aren’t very high on her. But still a first time release acquisition, still a unique, which does call for some celebration. She will get leveled at some point, no one sits unworked on my roster, unless you are a dupe.

3 Likes

It has been a long month of events that required lots of usage of battle items that I had intended on using, Atlantis Rises is here, which is usually a welcome sight despite how many attempts the devs have tried to nerf it. Still the only WE reducing event that had increased loot, and the rare enemies that show up would drop guaranteed summoning currency for the event.

Having only 20 LT this time, the first few usages turned up no Sea Dragons, after finally going through all of them, I managed one summon in Atlantis. Not expecting much from just a single summon and one up-tick to the Fated Summons most likely, I pulled Mr. Fabulous Abs, Triton and costume.

Prior to this acquisition, he was one of the last original S2 4* that has evaded me since S2 inception (the other being Tony Danzaburo), and I had pretty much given up on him ever showing up since it is unlikely I will ever mass summon in this portal again after a 30x in the past, sure I could probably get him in a Covenant, Super Elemental, BF/SS, but those pools are pretty diluted on their own.

His costume here also makes the first S2 4* costume on my roster.

This would now further my blue projects more. I had already started back on working on Ariel since I have no more 3* or 4* ice heroes to work on after Garyas, getting Triton and costume here means they get priority over the 5*.

A somewhat emotionally stirring get, that’s for sure.

Until next time.

4 Likes

I have c.Tony Danzaburo (:sweat_smile:) and if I could give him to you as a gift, I would.

1 Like

A few update since last entry, no new 5* to discuss, but I did pick up a few new faces the next few days.

The last Valhalla Forever gave me just enough for 1 summon after hunting a few gnomes. Screen flashed yellow and was hoping for Agnes to complete the S3 3* collection, didn’t happen, but I managed the Kvasir costume, my first S3 3* costume.

Alliance Quest where we were unable to unlock Legendary tier due to our low participation numbers, finished Epic tier and made enough alliance quest coins for one summon, got Planchet, my first Musketeer hero (aside from JF, of course).

Kalevala started and I was doing some traveling with family before school starts for the kids, I had 23 EHT saved up after totally skipping the Beach Party. One of my goals was Mielikki (and wouldn’t it be nice to get that costume too), and from the first set of summons of 10, I managed to get a dupe Para that ended up being fed, and a new LemminkĂ€inen, who is my first Kalevala 4*. I paused here so I could try to get her after earning a few more EHT from finishing the quest.

Contest of Elements for the Nature heroes started this week, not being able to finish the first time around because of the game timing out during Stage 8 fight against Frigg’s frigging annoying Alfheim realm bonus that always kicked in enough to heal her just enough for her to continue to survive against my hits. Learned that I need to just straight up bring damage dealers, I managed to finish all stages this time around and earn 2 summon choices from the Elemental coins. Hoping for at least a 3* green that I don’t have, I pulled Mielikki (no costume of course), well that was a very interesting turn of events, if I do say so myself. I can of course try for her costume or other Kalevala heroes or the HoTM, but that desire had leveled off somewhat now that I have the base Mielikki. Of course, that means I also have all the 3* and 4* Kalevala heroes (until they start releasing more).

Until next time.

5 Likes

I play this game for the pretty pictures, and I won’t really hesitate to make my point on artwork that looks terrible or those that are out of place with this game.

Having no HoTM for a while, since Gilligan this March, on the first day of September, I was presented with the image of the abominable horse thing in Areax when it showed up on my phone, it was so terrible and unrefinded looking that I had chills down my spine at how bad, bland, and out of place this was and I had to pull away from looking at the portal just so I don’t get reminded of it. My thought was, if I don’t look at it, maybe it will just go away.

That said, later on that day, speaking of HoTM, something old school showed up, HA10 spat out Gregorion, who was in the same class of 2018 with Gravemaker, and I remembered how I felt like his artwork was a bit on the cartoonish and brightly colored manner that he didn’t feel quite as fit in with what had already been there. But when compared to Areax, whose coloring and lines seemd more in line, but the final product is terribly executed, Greg here doesn’t seem so terrible anymore. Now, GM has a buddy from the same graduating class as him.

5 Likes

The game is now very event driven, there is almost always some kind of multi-day events going on daily with the associated portals pining for players to spend their currencies or gems there.

September is very busy event. After Mighty Pets at the start of the month that was kind of a surprise to a lot of people because it was not announced on the calendar. Then there is the Soul Exchange, where it was time for me to offload my dupes for roster space relief.

For that, I’ve planned on offloading 20 dupes for a shot at tier 3 at least once, hence I skipped the previous one back in June. With more than enough, I dropped my dupes in and exchanged for Hohenwerf, the red Gargoyle, where he would be my first Gargoyle hero (of any rarity). Other choices were enticing too, but this is who I eventually set my mind to. The convenience of the roster space relief was immediately felt. Counting the amount of dupes I have toward the next one in December, I currently have enough for at least a tier 1 at the moment, will see where that goes, come next SE.

Next is the Carnival of Gods Challenge Event, that’s 2 in one month, what won’t they think of next? This time around, I did decide to do some pulls with the coins, I figured I’d still be able to still save for the future CF2 when the time comes, plus I have not done any pulls in this portal before, figured I’d give it a whirl, 7 pulls in, all dupe 3*/4* vanillas. Then I opted a 10x with the saved gems but I won’t go beyond that. I pulled Alessie, the 3* 3 times out of those with 10x, I kept one of them of course. This will get my Fated Summon counter a bit of a movement as the list was about to refresh. I want to make sure I can exchange at least once in there, and I already have some ideas on who I’d like to have.

The following week was a great galore of everything happening at the same time. You’ve a Atlantis Rises, the brand new Goblin Village, and the Shiloh Desert quest (because no rare quests during challenge event rule) starting on the same time. No complaints here, just have to dig into some of the stash of WE flasks I’ve saved. Managed to finish the Goblin event, what happened to the Mega Minions that people were so furious about, I wonder? The lone pull I was able to do with the Goblin Coins gave me Boots the new 3* Goblin, since he’s is now the only 3* red still not worked on, he immediately took priority to be worked on over Zhabog, I’ll go back to him once I am done with Boots.

Atlantis gave me just enough for one pull, dupe Gill-Ra with C, who I actually pulled in last month’s AR.

Later in the week is the Alliance Quest, it’s Musketeers again with more heroes introduced. I start to wonder if we will ever see Clash of Knights again since it’s been absent for so long. Then I saw that they’ve just announced new heroes of Knights from different families to be introduced, they are sure to make a come back at some point. But in comparison of the two Alliance Quests, I much preferred the Brave Musketeers because the stage mechanics in Clash of Knights is a lot more deadly and annoying than the one in BM (auto DoT every 4 turns over 4 turns). I really hope they would change that when they start releasing new heroes. Our alliance, with our recent surge by incorporating members of the Celtic Warrios, managed to unlock Legendary tier on the first day, something we’ve only been able to do once during CoK. We’ve also managed to take out of our first 14* Titan just as a show of capabilities. But our sweet spot will probably be 11* to 12* Titans. Enough for a pull after finishing Legendary tier of BM, coins in, got a Valen.

Since spitting out Gregorion a few weeks ago, I still kept my HA10 running, just to see when it might turn out something new again. So yesterday, HA10 spat out Quintus’s 2nd Costume, the Love Doctor. His costume is my first secondary costume for any hero, and actually the first one in which I’ve acquired without the first costume. Having a “new” hero without taking up roster spot is always welcome. He is currently being pumped up in the background while I still work on other purple projects. That purple in the foreground is actually Chakkazorot again, after finishing with Ana-Belle. I now don’t have any more 3* and 4* dark heroes to work on so it’s back to working on 5* purple for the most part.

Until next time.

6 Likes

Since acquiring the Quintus C2 those few weeks ago, I started wondering, that since I started running HA10, I’ve gotten some costumes for S1, some past HoTM, but I have not gotten any one 5* from other venues (season 2, 3, challenge events, season events), and thought when I might be able to get a 5* from those other events. About 2 weeks ago, that answer was provided when Misandra (no costume) popped up. Certainly might have passed her prime, but she’s new, and strangely enough her story with Tarlak just never seemed “finished.”

Contest of Elements for Fire showed up last week, and I am always eager in trying to get someone new, and possibly go up on Fated Summons if nothing really pans out. Those that read my posts know that I play for the pictures and story (even if there wasn’t much of one), and ever since their introduction, I’ve avoided Three Kingdoms event and its heroes like the plague, not because I don’t like the subject, but I just don’t think they belong in this game. Any way, the CoE Fire portal popped in Li, the 3* red. Guess RNG finally caught up to me. Then, saying surely not, I popped some of the three kingdom coins I had been neglecting because I had swore I wouldn’t summon in this portal, then out popped Yao, the 3* blue.

That’s 2 new ones that I didn’t really feel warmly towards. But I guess there was just no avoiding them as the number of heroes become larger and larger, even at some point it’s just going to trigger things.

Moving on, the Covenant Portal again shunned me with 3 dupe 4* (2 vanillas and 1 Wilbur
 Ugh, if it only came with the Wilbur Costume)
 and again chose not to give me any hunter heroes since their introduction. This portal has been stingy since the beginning, and probably even more so after it reluctantly spat out Alfrike November 2022.

Tried Underwild portal last weekend, managed 1 summon, Fire Truck. Getting closer to that FS summon, so I thought.

Atlantis Rises is always a welcoming sight not because of the portal of course, but because it is the one time each month I get to get my ingredients replenished, upping my TCs and HA with fresh queues, while getting what little, but at least guaranteed trickle of Atlantis Coins when Sea Dragons showed up. So Atlantis, is more or less easier for me to get the occasional coin summon in (the weekly gifts from the webstore helps too, of course) than seasons 3 and 4. So I popped in the Atlantis coins in, got Sumitomo-C (my second S2 4* costume), I’ve had his base form since S2 was still being released and he has long since been maxed, but sitting on my roster not really being used (I can’t even find use for him during CoE Fire because he really wasn’t a top choice), but costume is new, and doesn’t take up roster space.

Goblin Village is also here, the 10-stage format followed pretty closely to Tavern of Legends and the old Costume Masquerade (still hate the 15 stage version), wonder why they didn’t have a POV quest associated with this one like it does the TOL and CM. With left over coins from the first time GV showed up last month, I dropped the coins in, no new Goblins this time. But this pushed my FS counter to 100.

Went over this time and again in my mind, so without much hesitation, I grabbed Frigg out of the portal and with her addition, I now have more 5* out of Season 3 than the other venues (besides S1 and HoTM).

That’s a lot of new projects to add to the stockpile that I have to work on.

3 Likes

Small-ish update.

A relatively quiet week to have gone. There is the Clash of Knights AQ, after many months of hiatus. What I had dreaded, now that we don’t have a problem with not unlocking higher tiers because we have more members, is still that auto-DOT every 3/4 turns and if there is not antidote or cleanse around, it is usually a very major annoyance in the middle of battle, especially on the later stages where mobs hit harder and have your heroes seeing red very suddenly if that’s not dealt with.

It had been a thorn on the side in the Rare because I had needed to balance between having healer/cleanser and not to overburden them to supplement them with the 10-antidote count and mana vials. Having acquired Faiez since the last time spelled relief in his overheal, as well as the ailment preventer, his slow mana speed means I’ll have to top him off with mana potions when it looks like the DoT was about to trigger. No real problems except for adjusting to the new Bear / Stag family of heroes’ passives that one prevented debuff of defense and the other of attack.

We were able to unlock epic by the second day, and Legendary on the third. No real trouble dealing with the higher tiers, just takes time.

I dropped the Alliance Coins in last night, pulled a new Fawn. Cute art, and heard to be a very useful one, I think I like this little “deer” than some other Christmas themed deer that has been avoiding me.

I’ve never done a 10-pull on CoK before, always because of timing, before when we didn’t have enough members and can only unlock epic, and so playing for free means I probably couldn’t summon with coins every other AQ. While I am not totally devoid of CoK heroes (Wren and Ludwigm prior to Fawn), I am in no objection of having new ones, considering the art for CoK is one of the better ones in this game.

The best I could hope for, is likely somehow be able to pick up all the 3* for this event (thus far?) and maybe one of the 4*, if I can manage. Gems in, not good signs with 3 straight vanilla 3*, there was only 1 Epic, but it was BT, then I got a dupe Fawn, Bertulf x 2, and Aderyn.

This went about as good as I had hoped for, I think. That’s all the 3* for this event, and 2 new in the veterans of Bertulf and Aderyn.

Another 11 on the new FS counter, I am thinking I might not be able to approach picking this list again, so I might be working towards the next list.

Back to gems hoarding, and if the costume chamber in the end of the month is featuring toon C3 costumes, it’ll probably prompt to to save my gems.

Thanksgiving week is here, that means Black Friday portal is here. SGG is really pushing the Web Store, it seems as it is now giving daily free gifts this week as opposed to just weekly free gift of coins. These daily gifts included trainers, trainer troops, loot tickets, aether crystals, and most importantly gems, which I could always use.

Black Friday portal is here even before Black Friday is even here. I told myself I wasn’t going to splurge all of my gems here, if at all. But I think just to make it a bit of a yearly thing, I will drop some of my gems in. Fortunately, gems are easier to recuperate now because of the shortened-cooldown Mystic Vision that can be watched 3x, and the free ones from Path of Valor/Path of Giant, which I always make sure to go far enough to grab.

It was time to go in, and with no classic vanillas, in the pool and so many more heroes released, something has to give pretty quickly right? I was quickly reminded how this portal’s return in value starts to drop very quickly, after the initial one two years ago.

First is dupe Hansel, then dupe Pixie, same event, are you kidding me? Then it’s dupe Arman
 I told myself, one more, and it has to stop, whether dupe or not. I pulled a new Buster, one less seasonal event hero to obtain, and right before this year’s Christmas portal, which I see will feature, you guessed it, new heroes. That’s 1400 gems that probably didn’t really have to spend. Again, gems are now easier to re-obtain, and I won’t say no if the game keeps giving them.

This week is the start of the first WE-reduced S5 event, which means, and as evident by the 1 single Untold Tale coin that I received as part of a chest reward, Dune coins will stop being a RNG dropped item and can only be obtained with level completion, web store, or bought. Untold Tales is here, I have not started a single level here, and knows next to nothing about the heroes here (except for the Atlantis heroes), I’ve always opted to bypass it because I haven’t started any of the levels (I even briefly finished a few S5 stages just so I could start finishing the POV tasks that asks for S1-S5 level completions).

Today, Thanksgiving Day, after picking up the last bits of Thanksgiving items from the grocery store, and cooked lunch for myself and daughter, it’s time for a quick nap. Looked at my inventory of gems, and just decided to see if I can get any Untold heroes just to say I have some, as I don’t have enough Untold Coins to spend, it has to be gems. First sets in, I got Phorcys, my first hero and 5* hero from this portal, which I know nothing about, should’ve probably stopped there, but I got lured into another one, I got Jaco the 3*. I am pressed for roster space again, so unfortunately that’s another 250 gems coughed up to add +5 to roster space to make feeders manageable.

That’s a good 2350 gems gone in the span of 2-3 days, which will take months to recover. Fortunately, it doesn’t look like Isarnia costume (or Toon Isarnia for that matter) would be featured in December’s Costume Chamber, I should have no problems continue to save some gems.

3 Likes

Looks like a few updates needed since the last time after Thanksgiving came and went.

Few more events showed up, since then, figured I will wait for a bit more actions to tell.

Costume Masquerade at the end of November had more Toons, those awkward, awkward, out of place looking Toon costumes. If it weren’t for the Queen getting her own Toon and be boosted, I would probably not really go heavy focus on this portal ever again, it’s that saddening how once my favorite portal to draw from, got changed where the event itself became a bore fest with 15 stages but the same amount of keys, and Toon costumes came instead of proper 3rd costumes, which was never the big problem, but rather it’s the art used.

Any way, I did have keys to go in with, and now that all the 4* have their 2nd costumes, I did end up getting new C2 for Wu Kong, Kashhrek, and Hu Tao. More stats and % re-arrangements rather than more utility. They seem to have gotten lazy with tis last batch of 4* costumes. Art work was not something to be jumping up and down in joy with either. Kashhrek C2 looked like just his base form with a fish on his back.

Then there is finally news tidbits about the 3* and the words are that 4* are getting their C3s and 3* are getting their C2s, except they are to be
 “Tooned.” I think it’s just a shot to the mouth of how much they care about what the players think about the artistic approach the game is taken. Soon, I probably won’t even recognize this game any more because I have a feeling they are all going to be Tooned.

Keeping going with the updates. Had a few EHT saved up when Santa made his slow as molasses Ice blocks come to town. I managed to pull a Jolly with one of them. Who, even unleveled state helped me immediately on the upcoming Holy Contest of Elements that showed up a few days later. He’ll be a pain to deal with when it comes to rush tourneys, but I am glad I have one now. Will Rudolph ever decide to show up? Only time will tell.

Jolly helped in the early stages of CoE by being utilized as participant in the event so my stronger holy heroes could be used in higher stages. End of the event, I did my pulls with the Elemental Coins, got Candy, who was definitely one of my sought after 3* acquisition since Starfell was its own event, and through the CF2 times, holy heroes have long since acquired a lot more support / healer options, but that doesn’t mean she’s any less desirable for me from a collector standpoint.

I also received Felton as my second CoE draw, which I hear is one of the best 3* in the game. It does get my 3* Musketeers collection completed. But I have a feeling they aren’t quite done with Brave Musketeer heroes, especially when they have started adding different factions to the other Alliance Quest in Clash of Knights, and they are still releasing Musketeer heroes too.

Just more backlog in the Holy heroes department.

I have also during the last weekend finished Season 4 story mode on both difficulties, not as terrifying as I had heard it was going to be. Certainly didnt feel as difficult in comparison to Season 3 finale. But I opted to halt summoning S4 until all costumes (at least the 3* and 4* are concerned) are released so the coins won’t be wasted.

This morning the WE reduced Dunes showed up for the second time. RNG no longer drop Dune Coins in favor of the new lovechild Untold Tales Coins. With a enough in each portal, I dropped coins in. Both gave me dupe vanilla 4* (that increased odds but still largely occupied by vanillas is always terrible), at least one of them completed this week’s POG week-long task of summoning or training an Epic hero. I got an EHT for completing the normal tier of Santa’s challenge a few days ago, I figured why not? I have already just bought roster space with gems again and have a bit of a wiggle room for feeders until Soul Exchange shows up next week. Dupe Jolly was pulled, still no Rudolph I see, but could’ve been Frosty, who seemed to like to show up amongst different portals too, but this dupe Jolly pull came with Leadria in tow.

That makes it my second HoTM and 1/6 on the year. Gilligan the absent minded third cousin is no longer alone in the 2023 class. Another back-log added to Nature heroes.

I think I have close to 60 heroes amongst all colors and tiers to finish if I counted correctly with the help of the museum. Maybe I should stop summoning for a while, just maybe.

3 Likes

Soul Exchange is here, my roster space was getting low, and even though I was not going to expect any surprises with my HA10 this week, which was also finishing later during the day, I still opted to let that finish before pulling the trigger.

One of my TC20 today gave me another dupe 5*, so I was down to one free space, I had a few others to collect, to make sure I had enough rooms to work with the HA10 re-train result, I had to make sure I don’t accidentally collect them, lest it turns out to be another 5* dupe that I had to keep or feed away or having to now burn 300 gems to buy 5 more spaces when I was really close to the roster space relief.

Of course, that HA10 re-train turned out to be a dupe Richard who went right back into the cooker. It is time.

Although I had a specific candidate in mind when SE candidates were leaked, I still gave each some look over. I opted to forego my ability to go Tier 3 again and picked who I was going to pick all along, and that was Athena-C from tier 2, makes her the first HoTM from that 2017 class on my roster, and first HoTM with costume acquired, and of course the first hero to be able to take advantage of that new costume passive.

I had picked Athena for the legacy status, the art, the overall thought on the ability, and finally the 2 for 1 value where only one space is taken up, and if I max both it’s another 20 gems into the museum. This also gave me a head start with a few more heroes in towards the next SE 3 months later, I should be able to pick someone from Tier 1 then, toss up for Tier 2, and smelling Tier 3 again if things work out.

Roster space relief is always welcomed for sure.

3 Likes

Having not picked up any new heroes for a while, my roster is filling back up again with 5* dupes from TC20 that should be enough for a tier 1 if SE were to start tomorrow. But since it doesn’t work like that, it’s just giving me more time to build back up the chips.

There was a plethora of summoning opportunities with Santa’s challenge ending, and plenty of events to give those summoning portals a pull and get the fated summons counter up. However, having enough of a hero backlog means I need to pick up on working on them and not keep summoning for new ones to have some of them cut in line, I have heroes I picked up a long time ago that were still sitting at 1/1, I think the oldest might have been Fenrir who I got during the first Black Friday portal.

Besides, I am not finding the rest of this particular list that desirable to select from, so I will pace myself and save my FS pull for the next list.

However, today’s post is an update nevertheless. HA10 retrain today spat out Boss Wolf, who is not the most desirable of the Grimforest 5* and often the begging point for players asking to be buffed. But he is still a 5*, he is my first Grimforest 5*, and he is new. I remember I hated fighting him when Grimforest was still an individual event, because of that mana generation that cannot be dispelled and that riposte of his and how often he gets to reapply it to himself, but then again, it could’ve been I just didn’t have enough options to deal with him at the time.

So he is not that relavant any more, and this seems to be theme of my HA10 retrains, I almost always pick up the ones that are no longer relevant in today’s meta. I’ll get to him at some point, just not immediately.

Until next time.

3 Likes