Joon + Drake or Joon + Guardian Jackal?

depends on tank. if drake is tank, yes but usually he’s not. I typically don’t bring Aeron unless yellow tank. Anything else i’ve never had a problem killing drake before he fires or just pushing through his minor damage and his blind.

Edit - on my alt i don’t have a problem with him either and I don’t have Aeron there.

For me, Joon in a heartbeat I reckon.

As others have already said, Drake is an all rounder and crowd controller.

Joon is almost guaranteed to down at least one hero if he gets off.

But if you’re dead sure you don’t want another sniper, Drake it is.

I have both maxed. Joon is better without question.

Another way of looking at it is Joon won’t ever waste his special unless he’s blind or Hansel’d

In raid attacks I find that it’s rare Drake will hit all three heroes except for the very start

Same goes for defence

I contemplated between Rana/Joon/2nd Drake.

I just upped Rana a couple of hours ago. Hopefully its not a wrong decision. :stuck_out_tongue:

if drake is paired with Khiona or Ares or boldtusk, suddenly his attack becomes as strong as Joon… on 3 targets.

Seriously I think drake is better on defence, he scares me much more than joon, but I think on offense Joon may have a slight advantage here. I prefer quick killing over crowd control.

The “problem” with Drake as a defender is that he won’t kill outright, which makes a well timed heal very effective in tackling him. Joon otoh potentially one-shots a hero that isn’t topped off (or debuffed). GM and Victor have a similar problem tbh, but compensate by tremendous speed.

Drake would fit in a team with a lot fast of AOE, by just swamping the healer(s), but for raiding I give the nod to Joon.

yes, on offence I do find his skill hits very little, esp without attack buff. This is my main annoyance with him.
However, on defence, he hits significantly harder due to defender’s advantage. Generally, I have less problem facing Joon because he is squishier and easier to kill, so overall fires less. Just like gravemaker, if you don’t deal with drake soon enough, he can fast escalate to become a real nuisance, and blind on 3 target is nothing to sneeze at.

1 Like

You guys made it sound like I just upped the wrong hero. :disappointed_relieved:

I have Joon maxed and 2 Drakes at 70. Just the way they fell as I didn’t have a decision to make with the 2.

I am trying a new defensive setup

Rigard Drake Khiona Drake Joon, let’s see how it goes.

I pick Drake.
Next question?

Why can’t you have Jackal, Joon & Drake ? Wouldn’t take as long to level Jackal as the other 2

I’m in a simlar situation.
Have GM, Lianna, Misandra, Obakan and don’t know if I better take drake or joon to lvl 80?

What do you guys think?

I’d go with Joon. With a rainbow team, Drake’s link is of limited value, and you only have one power-sniper (lianna).

Jackal is excellent for the attacking team.
I’ve got Jackal and Drake. Joon is great too, but he doesn’t need Jackal.

Think about it like that. When you’re ready to use Jackal the defending team mostly is not with full HP.

• When you use Jackal+Joon - you kill one target with a way to significant damage. Jackal can’t kill oneshot, but with his debuff Joon’s damage will go over needed.
  • When you use Jackal on almost full target + Drake - you kill that target and probably another with low HP.

Currently, I’m maxing my second Jackal to use with Drake.

1 Like

Thank you! Just thought about Drake because the better defence.

I like to use Wilbur with Jackal + Joon, you just aim your fire at a single purple hero, and you see the whole team pop like a popcorn machine.

1 Like

Joon is a single target sniper while Drake is more of a crowd control hero. I prefer a mix of snipers and CC’s. I guess it just depends on what your needs are or if you are you looking to fill a specific need such as titan, pvp, event etc. I don’t have Joon but I have Drake(s) who aren’t yet leveled.

Drake & Misandra are similar heroes. Moderate stats and a special with a high potential, but often hard to get maximum use out of it.

Lianna, Obakan & Joon have high attack stat so high board damage even if dead. Only 5* Musashi & 4* Guardian Jackal have higher attack stat among yellow heroes.

Drake blinds up to 3, but it can be low as 1, for 3 turns. Joon’s Blindness is not only the highest in the game ( -40% ) but lasts an insane 6 turns.

I agree about the link.

It also is of limited usefulness for a yellow 5* hero. The elemental link +5 attack/ defense really works better with DOT heroes/ allies for +5% attack ( Gravemaker’s & Natalya ‘s DOT are perfect with this) or attack debuff heroes/ allies for +5% defense ( Gregorion Elemental link + Zeline attack debuff works well here because defense is non-linear so upping green defense and lowering all enemy attack stat are magnified ).

Where yellow tends to Blindness and mana reduction, 5* yellow heroes would benefit more from a healing/ minion Elemental link or increased mana Elemental link.

MY PERSONAL OPINION
Between the two, Joon or Drake, I would level Joon first.

But.

I like healers and many of the 5* healers are yellow. So I would take Joon to 5* 3.70, since he is effective at 5* 3.70 ( see links ), then wait to level Joon to 5* 4.80 until you get a 5* healer of any color.

P.S. I am jealous of your Gravemaker and Obakan.

==Links==

1 Like