Jonah in Wales...šŸ³ - and favourite ways to chill out

Tally Ho, forum brethren and sisters,

Iā€™m on hols, but really I just wanted to make that topic because of the delicious pun on my biblical namesake. Jonahā€¦Walesā€¦?

Fear not! Iā€™ve not been intercepted by a cetacean on the way to Ninevah, Iā€™m just enjoying the sumptuous rural idyll of the principality next door.

So ermā€¦ Empires and Puzzles relatedā€¦um feel free to share pics of stuff that relaxes you when summons, war matchmaking and loot get you hot under the collar. :face_with_thermometer::angry::triumph:

19 Likes

Everything I know about relaxing, Iā€™ve learned from my catā€¦

12 Likes

Thatā€™s some 5* yoga :joy:

4 Likes

Happy Birthday @JonahTheBard

3 Likes

Enjoy your vacation Jonah, and I hope your birthday is banginā€™

5 Likes

Recommend this topic for excellent wordplayā€¦ and excellent scenery!

No pics of what relaxes me this morning - short on time - but one minor correction.

Technically, Jonah was on his way to Tarshish when he had his unfortunate encounter with the local sea fauna. If heā€™d been on the way to Nineveh, the whale wouldnā€™t have been an issue, both because heā€™d have been obedient (not in need of correction) and because Israel to Nineveh is a landlocked journey, if my meager knowledge of ancient geography serves me well. Regardless, Iā€™m pleased to know that our present-day Jonah is safely outdoors and above sea level.

Pedantry aside, enjoy your R&R. Looks lovely.

5 Likes

Never!

Pedantry to the fore!!

Also, here are the Bardlings enjoying todayā€™s close encounter with a dolphin pod.

So we actually saw whales in Wales!!

11 Likes

I actually live in a place not so different. Rolling hills and farmland. Ours is broken up by more mature forest, though, so thereā€™s not a good place to get a pic without flying.

Mostly retired, so I donā€™t have to bother with a long commute. I love my place. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

6 Likes

Have a blast dude! :tada::beer::beers::beer::hotdog: Last time I was in Wales is prob 10 years ago hammerfest (metal festival) sepultura was there \m/ was at pontins great days.

3 Likes

Looks like you share a birthday with another famous writer

9 Likes

A lot of writers use pseudonyms.

Just saying.

Not that Iā€™m confirming I am Stephen King.

But if you send him a birthday card, Iā€™d be ok with that.

9 Likes

@JonahTheBard Happy birthday! enjoy your vacation :slight_smile: Great sights and that is definitely a good way to chill out from the ever-raging summons and bad luck :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Obviously, as moderators, you and I donā€™t actually experience bad luck in the game. Itā€™s really just to help the normals :shushing_face:

5 Likes

Iā€™m not sure if I should make a separate happy birthday thread. Iā€™m so boggled right now.

Well, happy birthday!!!

I searched for images and found the following:

Bard Yard Cake

Owl Bard Cake

Bard Simpson Cake

Take your pick on which one you prefer.

6 Likes

@JonahTheBard

kƩp

5 Likes

Ahhh, blessings on your boggled brain, Kaffy.

And I appreciate the herd coming to bring me good cheer.

6 Likes

Wow, I see more than 0 cows on this picture :smiley:

3 Likes

Happy birthday! Keep being the bard! Here, use this!

3 Likes

If you were here Iā€™d crack out Kirk Douglassā€™ song ā€œwhale of a taleā€. Cheers to you on your special day!

3 Likes

Welcome to the community, JB!

Please be sure to use the search function, annd dimmer be afraid to @ a mod anytime you have any question, comment, or just needing general clarification.

7 Likes