JekylandHyde [YouTube] Ninja Tower walkthrough, strategy guide, and team-building suggestions - videos included

Thank you, let the searching on FB begin then. Thought thats the place here to get that info since some average Joes like me share them during event, gotta dig deeper into the net :smile:

1 Like

I find it useful as it shows how much items it costs for reaching this rank.

The reward clearly does not worth such investment and it’s not sustainable if you also are fighting 14* titans and you are aiming for classements in the monthly events

1 Like

You are wise. S1 heroes do, in fact, rock. If you skim through my video you will see 3/70 Thorne and 3/70 Azlar killing it. I used Thorne heavily for this month’s 9th place in the legendary challenge event.

Elkanen and Khagan were also very important to my strategy.

3 Likes

I have Leo maxed, and he was a gem. Azlar is at 14 talents (due to lack of other options) and I used him in level 50. Despite his DoT being reduced, he still thwacks them one lol.

My personal achievement was to see how far I could get with a deep bench + arrows, small mana, medium hp pots and miracle scrolls(never use them for anything else)

My mostly S1 heroes got me to the top. The yellow pig was a notable nonS1 star though :heart_eyes:

I never expected to rank high, but I was pleased by my achievement non the less :grin:

Edit: The raming pulverizer triplets are great too (their def down is normally SIX turns)

1 Like

I poste my results in FB and YouTube. I would also look up EXSECUTOR on YouTube. UCLAPACK’s tutorial for legendary on YouTube is terrific.

6 Likes

Congrats on making it to the top. It is not an easy feat!

3 Likes

I watched your video all the way to the end. First levels did not require any input from your side as mana fill up was straith forward but the last 15 levels show your thinking and play style and I enjoyed them very much. True you had good bench and true you have enough resources but they are the must haves if you think of the top 10 ranking. What you do with those puts you in the top 10. Good job, good playing style. Congrats.

2 Likes

Everyone complaining about this, of how much it took battle items and how he has great heroes could take a breather and learn from this.

Sure most players don’t have the resources or materials to make those items. But you can still put it on perspective and look at the strategy, to score higher, maybe not top 10 but top 500 shouldn’t be too hard with smart use of items.

Jeezz people complain much?

3 Likes

I noticed in a few situations in those finals levels you did not use Frigg when she was fully charged. At the beginning of waves 2 and 3 you did not use her. Could you elaborate on your strategy there?
At the beginning of wave 2, maybe there weren’t enough green shields to get full value out of her at the start. For wave 3, maybe you were too concerned with making sure she’s ready for the boss wave. But why use the tornado when she’s fully charged?

Love the video. Thank you for the content you produce. From what I see on facebook posts you’re the only person posting valuable information.

The biggest takeaway I have from your video is how to approach early stages. I used 3 star heroes thinking I did not want a good hero to get cursed and lose that hero. My conclusion from watching you is that if you go all out on early stages, you overpower the enemy so much and curses are so rare that you can blow right through those stages before they become a problem.

3 Likes

Congratulations, great video showing the ride for high rankings!

But I wonder if the mono strategy is really that useful tho. It definitely is for challenge events when you can keep replaying till you get better boards but the same tactic doesn’t seem to be that great in Ninja tower. Or at least for early levels.

I took my approach for challenge events when I am competing mostly with 2-2-1 or 3-2 setups for ranking 1000/500/1000 with minimum items / WE flasks used.

So I used the same here and climbed to floor 30 with 2-2-1 setup (Athena, Richard, Khagan, Marjana, C.Rigard). For last 20 floors I switched to 3-2 (Athena, Richard, G.Falcon, Khagan, Boldtusk). I used around 100 axes, 70 bombs, 70 tornadoes, 60 Gr.Mana (and 7 Hurricanes in few last floors).

You might say what I am mumbling about, but to my surprise I ended at rank 19 and we were about the same score at floor 40, but I then started doing around 2k less points as I wasn’t using more Hunter’s lodge items.

4 Likes

I used Gullinbursti (don’t have Heimdall) for many, many levels in the Ninja Tower until the piggy got his second curse that I couldn’t get rid of on Level 49. That was a sad moment. Lol. Amazing that you only lost Heimdall through the whole thing. I probably lost 1/3 of my usable roster…most of them 5*. Great job!

2 Likes

Great job, and thanks for the video. I was able to complete the tower, but with a much lower score. I look forward to improving my score using this resource as well as tips from other players. Keep it up, despite the unfortunate negativity of some, there are those of us who appreciate these videos and guides.

3 Likes

It is odd how annoyed people seem to be because you’ve spent money to get an advantage…

It happens in everything in life. I’m not saying it’s fair but it’s factual.

Your analogy about Car racing was spot on. I know a couple of guys who rally and race bikes. The person with the fattest wallet gets the best kit. No one who watches it complains (but they do and they straight up admit it’s just jealousy :joy:)

The big guns will always do well in these events because of the resources at hand. My view is I’m not competing with them so who cares. But for others it will always ruffle feathers.

4 Likes

Thank you Turbine! I appreciate the thoughtful feedback.

1 Like

Thanks Jesse. The world is full of complainers unfortunately.

I do have resources, but what no one on here see is that as soon as the beta information was released on the Tower and we had an idea of what it was going to entail, I started making weapons then.

Everyone has the better part of 2 months to prepare for the next one. I am already on it …

4 Likes

Never apologize for being sucessful, there’s a reason why the people concerned about money will never have it. I appreciate your videos a lot. It shows a lot about a person who it at the top of their game and willing to share advice.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Thanks Ruskin. That is very kind of you to say. As for Frigg, I am working on my timing, but my goal was:

1. Heroes mana’ed up
  2. Fire Evelyn for EDD
  3. Use scrolls of alteration BEFORE firing Frigg and Ratatoskr. They are both infinitely more valuable with loads of Nature tiles on the board.

The problem is the scrolls sometimes force matches and we lose those Nature tiles. The timing is not easy.

Not getting cursed on the first 19 levels is easy with the correct weapons—just don’t make more than 3 moves :slight_smile:

1 Like

The first 19 boards can be done well with the right Rainbow team and the right weapons honestly. Make one big combination, kill everyone with weapons on the 1st wave and use full mana on the boss which die from specials.

I am doubtful that Top 10 could be made in Challenge or Tower without full mono or 4/1. I would love to see video if someone can pull it off :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gullinbursti, Heimdall, and now Garnet are very important for over-clocking the health. As for losing heroes, I just try not to make any real moves after a combination happens. I use the tornadoes and hurricanes to force the boards.

2 Likes

Thank you! I appreciate that.

1 Like