Jeeves - EP Discord Bot

Can you send me a message on Discord, so we can discuss it? The text version is included as part of the bot’s programming. I only included them all as a picture so as to not clutter up the post. Again, unless I’m missing something :slight_smile:.

1 Like

Small note to folks: Jeeves received an update this evening, so that all hero cards (3* and up) now have the following format.

These were designed to fit on a mobile device easier than the previous, while still including as much information as I could squeeze in. The blank space at the bottom right is being reserved for a future project, once I get a few other things out of the way.

Have a wonderful day :smiley::christmas_tree:

5 Likes

Seems to be an awesome discord ad-on. Nicely done :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hi @Lumi is this somewhere open source too and if it is, what programming language is this? I have similar things including the OCR part too. Just don’t have that much time on my hands. Once started with https://www.tantejet.eu/ but end of the year leaves time into a black hole on my side :wink:

p.s. this is how my hero output looks right now. Perhaps it brings some ideas too :wink:

I know we chatted about this on Discord some, @riemers :slight_smile: . But, for those that think I may have ignored this lol: Jeeves is not open-source, due to the database that feeds into him. His main engine is javascript, but with a few other modules tied in.

I’m currently tidying up some of the code, while also expanding a few functions for those that use him. I’ve had a back and forth with different folks on the use of emoji numbers, etc.: some prefer text only, while others want all the bells and whistles lol. I’m looking into a way to service both. In the meantime, most menus and commands will be text, while the main images will go to hero cards, guides, and the like :slight_smile: .

I’ve been working on a fairly large update to Jeeves over the past couple of months, screenshots of which can be seen in the original post. These include:

1. !list - A hero search function by buff, ailment, minion, rarity, element, family, class, and/or immediate attack type. Useful when trying to find related heroes, or countering others in battle.
  2. !hero - Updated hero cards, with Sword and Shield paths. Costume Bonus and 3/70 stats are slowly rolling out.
  3. !hunt - An ability to search for specific monsters by name, listing their Special Skill, season, stages, and element. Good for wanted missions, or just general curiosity.
  4. !settings - Enhanced settings for the server owner, so that they can tailor certain aspects as they see fit.
  5. !calendar - The ability to view @Novo’s calendar in your Discord server.

Looking back at the original post, a few images are way outdated now :smile:. Many thanks to everyone that has helped contribute to this, and especially to my alliance mates, who have kicked more tires than are in a Walmart parking lot on Black Friday lol.

4 Likes

Hi. Very much a beginner.

I’ve added Jeeves to our Discord channel but can’t find instructions of what to do next in order to add the E&P element to it. Is there any guides or info that I can access to walk me through what to do?

1 Like

Sure thing. When you first invite Jeeves to your server, you can type “!help” in a channel that he can see. That’ll give you a rundown of the current commands, including the !settings that are available to server owners. Most E&P elements are available as soon as he fires up, with the settings tailoring them a touch here and there.

Specifically, you should be able to type !hero , !guide, or !list and have the instructions for each of those commands pop up right away. If he’s not responding for some reason, you can always join the 7 Titans server, where we have a channel specifically for server owners’ questions. Helps cut down some of the traffic as needed :slight_smile: . Or, you can message me privately after landing there. I’m usually around to some capacity :laughing:

Just added this to my server as we are now implementing rules. I was looking for a P&E API, found there was not one but ran across this. Created a Discord server and brought Jeeves over. Much thanks! It is much appreciated. Fantastic work.

1 Like

How can I get jeeves for my alliance server? Please help

Hiya @Borden89,

I’ve merged your thread into an existing forum thread which answers the question or shares the same topic/idea that your thread does.

Cheers,
G

1 Like

Hi @Lumi, I’d like to use this bot on our aliliance Discord server.
Can you share with me?

1 Like

I would love to have Jeeves on our Discord Server. How can we get it on and get it going? Thanks! Ladeeda

Hi @klimeka and @Ladeeda171 :). You can add Jeeves via his Discord address:

(Posted again, just for ease of reading. It can also be found above.)

2 Likes

Hi @Lumi
I created new test server and added Jeeves from the link.
Confirmed all permissions for him, added, but i type !help or any other command and no answer from Jeeves.
What am I doing wrong?

Im having the same issue - Cant get it to react on my commands

Same here. We’ve installed it in our alliance discord server but we can’t get it to respond. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Hello I’ve added the bot to my server and it is not responding to commands. It appears to use ! as the prefix and doesn’t respond according to your original post. Is the bot no longer available? I am looking at creating and enhancing a bot to accomplish this if this effort has been abandoned, but would prefer to use one if it’s “de facto”.

Thank you. Please message me if possible.

They’ve had an issue with one of the latest discord updates and sent a ticket to support. They’re waiting for discord to fix it. Here’s to hoping it will be back up and running soon.