Jeeves - EP Discord Bot

Update

Well, it's been a few months since the last update, and probably too much coffee late at night. Jeeves is now helping over 30 servers, and continues to get upgraded as I have time. A number of features have been enhanced, but hopefully easier to use, as well.

There is now a central !help command,

A !settings command for server owners, to tailor Jeeves’ functions on their server,

A !list feature, to search for related heroes by various factors, including @DaveCozy’s Buffs and Ailments

Enhanced !hero cards, which are typically seen on the forums now,

An abilty to !hunt specific monsters by name,

Plus, the !calendar which we’ve been blessed with, from @Novo’s excellent work.

I’m still working on a number of features, to enhance what’s there and what my teammates think would work better for all trainees and alliances alike. If you’d like to see what he can do, feel free to drop by the 7 Titans server and look at our #research-library channel, where the newest features are tested before being rolled out to everyone. Or, you can invite him to your server as well.

I hope that Jeeves is of use to folks. As I will continue to say: Jeeves wouldn’t have existed without all of the players working to help each other in this community, and especially my fellow leaders and teammates in 7 Titans.

And now. More coffee.

Original Post

Hi all,

After two months of programming, Jeeves, the bot for the 7 Titans family of alliances, is available for the public to use in our #research-library channel. I’d love to have folks kick the tires, so to speak, as well as take advantage of the resources that he provides.

Here’s a current list of commands:

To give an idea of one command, here is the ability to search for different/similar heroes (the one for game items/resources is twice as long):

I’m currently working on a couple other commands to shore up Jeeve’s abilities, as well as proofreading older ones (specifically, hero card graphics). If you’d like to see what he can do, head on over to our server.

If you’re interested in having Jeeves on your server, feel free to let me know so I can gauge interest and prioritize as needed :slight_smile:. My hope is to make an easy to use, easy to find resource for new players, while also providing tools that war chiefs and advanced players find handy and nifty :wink:.

26 Likes

I love this. The OCR feature is something every alliance leader should have without having to burden themselves or their fellow co-leads with manual data entry.

1 Like

There are still a few small tweaks that I need to make to Jeeves, but he is now open to the public for adding to your servers.

I’d like to thank my entire alliance family of 7 Titans for being patient guinea pigs lol. I couldn’t have done it without them.

Once hero cards are up to date, I will be working on multi-server specific issues, including changing the command prefix, update notifications, and better search functions amongst similar heroes.

3 Likes

Jeeves is phenomenal! Amazing work Lumi, congratulations.

4 Likes

Thank you :smiley: . I’m working on Jeeves 2.0 at the moment, so will be updating this when I have the chance.

2 Likes

@Novo This might be of help to you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dear @Lumi, is there a chance that I can use Jeeves on my server as well? Maybe via invitation or so?

2 Likes

I won’t pretend to know anything about how this works but we are interested in adding Jeeves to our server. Some of our members are very concerned about its security. Is there someone they can discuss that with?
@Lumi

2 Likes

@Lumi this is phenomenal! And exactly what I was looking for for my Discord Server. Thank you very much! :heart_eyes: :hugs: :+1:

2 Likes

@Novo , did you have any security issues or concerns?

3 Likes

Hi @princess1 I haven’t come across any issues, of course I have just added it today and have just started going through all the great commands. Feel free to add me as a friend on Discord and I can send you an invite to my server so you may check out Jeeves if you want. Novo2.0#4474

2 Likes

Thanks, I may try that! @Novo request sent

1 Like

This is a really important concern, and one that I’m glad you and your members are voicing. Security was one of the main reasons that I started programming Jeeves, aside from wanting to have a hobby I could complain about :wink: .

When Jeeves is initially invited to a server, he/it will create a database entry for the server. This entry contains the server ID, server name, and the server owner’s Discord tag. This is a security feature, as there are going to be a few preference settings and commands in the future that only the server owner will be able to control.

Aside from that, the only thing that Jeeves is programmed to track is the use of commands that he recognizes. This is something only I can view, and I don’t share with anyone else. I use it to understand if there are errors, and why he may suddenly stop working.

Any other conversations, messages on your server, or roles/channels that you might have are not programmed for Jeeves to recognize or pull and record. I’m really big about boundaries. Some features that I have in mind for him, later, might utilize these, but it will be a completely opt-in basis that is fully controlled by the server owner.

The only other method that I could possibly directly converse with members of your server is if they use Jeeves’ !feedback command, which is pretty much a bug reporting feature. A few helpful folk use this to tell me where improvements or proofreading needs to occur, and are sent a message in return any time that I update their feedback ticket. No one but the creator of the ticket is able to view their message, so it’s private from any other server (or channel, if you set it up that way).

Please let me know of any other security concerns you might have. I’ll answer as best as possible :slight_smile: .

8 Likes

Hi @Lumi wondering if it is possible to add the Calendar of Events that I create as a searchable function to Jeeves. Can you please contact me via Discord at Novo2.0#4474.

Link to calendar I’m referring to.

1 Like

Great job @Lumi I really appreciate the effort you and others have invested into the bot.
Do you a list of commands to share in written form in order that I can copy - paste this to my alliance Discord channel?
Thank you

4 Likes

This would be fantastic :smile:. It was on my docket to create a calendar, but I was working on other aspects that didn’t have the need for constant updating on my end. I’ll PM you on Discord :slight_smile:.

1 Like

If you use the command !instructions , it’ll give you a list of the current operable commands. Most (if not all) instructions for individual commands can be displayed by typing that blank command. For example, to see how to best research items, you can type !research .

I have 2 more commands I’m currently working on. Once they’re added, I’ll message each server owner so that they know :slight_smile:.

(Thank you, by the way :smiley:)

1 Like

The problem I have with that view is that I cannot structure the commands points as I want . I need to copy paste the complete command list as provided.
I want tok give my people to copy paste what they want rather to check and write it them self’s

I’m not sure I understand. Are you looking for a text version instead of the photo provided, or are you looking for a customized list specific to your server?

If you’re looking for a way to write out all of the instructions, just type “!instructions” and it’ll give you the text in the above photo.

Again, I may be misunderstanding the request. If so, I apologize.

I was looking for text version.

:loudspeaker:Hero Research:
:one:
!hero “name” - ex. !hero Joon = Displays a particularly hero’s card
:two:
!ascend “name” - Displays each tiger’s need for a given hero
:three:
!list “class, element, star” - search heroes by class, family, element, etc
loudspeaker Items and play guides

:loudspeaker:Items and play guides

:one:
!research “name” - Displays the info of the given item or resource