Jean-François – 5* Fire/ Red - February 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month)

New HOTM RELEASED for February 2020: Jean-François!

:bar_chart: Stats

Jean-François

Rarity Element Class
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:fire:
Fire/Red
Wizard
Mana Speed Attack Defense Health
F
Fast
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
Origin Family
Hero of the Month None
:no_entry_sign: Resists: Health Steal Ailments
The Hero has an innate ability to resist status ailments that Steal Health.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Seal of Fire
  • All enemies receive 302 Burn damage over 2 turns.
  • All allies get +94% defense against Ice for 4 turns.
  • All allies get Defense Status Ailment Protection for 4 turns. New status ailments affecting defense will be replaced by +42% defense for 4 turns.
  • Element Link gives all Fire allies +10% critical chance for 6 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Jean-François from his last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Jean-François?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Jean-François.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Jean-François and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Jean-François worth summoning for?

• Would you use Jean-François on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Jean-François?

• What heroes would you take when facing Jean-François as an opponent?

• Would you give Jean-François Wizard Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of Jean-François’s special?

• What do you think of Jean-François’s character design?

• If you Summoned Jean-François and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Jean-François, and whether/how you plan to make use of him.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Jean-François when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Jean-François, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Jean-François (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Jean-François), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of HOTM.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in #gameplay-help-tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

14 Likes

22 posts were split to a new topic: Peanut Gallery for Jean-François Thread (Off Topic Side Conversation)

Feedback Poll - Jean-François (post release)

Is Jean-François worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Only because you’re going for someone else.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

How many copies of Jean-François would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

What do you think Jean-François’ Primary Purpose is?

• Primary Damage Dealer
  • Supporting Damage Dealer
  • Support Hero (Defence Debuff Immunity & Ice Buff)

0 voters

What do you think of Jean-François compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

How does Jean-François’ Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

Is Jean-François worth giving Wizard Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

In Defence, where do you think Jean-François is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

How do you think Jean-François is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

3 Likes

Lol this should be a fun thread

11 Likes

Guess we’ll see if everyone is burned out from the Beta Beat thread, or if this one will be similarly lively.

14 Likes

Ha ha. I see what you did there.

8 Likes

I deleted the second reference to fire, to give the benefit of the doubt about the thread’s direction.

4 Likes

Highly doubt anyone is burned out

I already know at least a hand full of the usuals from the other thread are up and about and some are hoping his damage was buffed so they probly have posts already pre typed and ready for launch depending on his public release version

4 Likes

I thought you were going the “nerf” route with “burned out.” :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

2 Likes

I have 6 rings!!! Please be worth it!!!

5 Likes

I’ll have limited pulls this month but I’m also ready just in case

Screenshot_20200131-220427_Empires

2 Likes

Twins!!! Lol 20 characters

I’m squattin on 10 but not even sure if I’ll max jf until i get another crack at gm…again…

2 Likes

I know…the damage nerf…yes, I know…but…did you stopped guys to read ALL his card fully, even ONE TIME?!?
My rings are waiting…to spread the burning words and the fear all around the enemy’s field!:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

8 Likes

No, I think that’s pretty overbearing, and I would be seen as a crazy man if I stopped guys on the streets forcing them to read the details of a hero from a game they probably don’t even play.

16 Likes

I’m wondering about that myself. I really want GM to replace Mitsuko on my defense.

I was planning to max Puss in Boots just because I have 23 rings… but if I get lucky, I might try JF on my defense instead for awhile. I’m really hoping for a last minute change on JF. I guess we’ll see in 25 minutes.

2 Likes

Whelp, taking bets, how long will it take for the buff JF thread to surpass the buff neith thread? :smiley:

2 Likes

So 2 turns it is. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

He’s still significantly better than Neith. If she blinded, stole a significant amount of mana for 2 turns, and changed status ailments to a defense/attack buff, that thread wouldn’t have so many votes.

Edit: A thread probably wouldn’t exist.

3 Likes