Jean Francois - DoT not at 304?

That’s per turn. 184 x 2 = 368 over 2 turns. Nothing wrong with your JF.

Btw, ita higher than the 304 because of the attack bonus from your troop.

6 Likes

My bad it’s like 3am here I shouldn’t even be up

4 Likes

Hi, I have a jean-francois whose special skill is already at level 8. However the burn damage is only 254 when all the images I see are 304 burn. How can i get this fixed? #bug-issues #contact-support

This not a bug. The burn damage scales with your hero level until you max him at 4-80. When he is maxed, so will his special damage.

1 Like

I have another bug with JF. He’s level 70, farthest he can go without his max ascension.
When I’m not in combat, it says he does 254 burn damage over 2 turns.
However, as soon as I take him into combat, that changes. It then says he does 304 over 2 turns, and that’s exactly what he does. Since he’s not maxed, I think 254 should be the correct number. How is it that he suddenly jumps to 304 in combat even though he’s not max leveled? When I check him in my roster after the battle’s over, it’s back to 254 again.
Edit: Since this is a different bug complaint, I’ll go ahead & make another thread for it

You must add troop bonus… Just scroll a bit up @KLinMayhem explained it

1 Like

Ah! Yep, I changed the troops and the DoT changed accordingly. Thanks! New thread canceled

Can anyone explain this one? From 284 to 390 is a 37% boost. Also, the rest of his stats? Didn’t even look like the same hero (hence the snapshot of the team).

First off, defensive teams get a 20% boost in the effectiveness of their attack and defense. This is how they round out the battle so defensive squads don’t get easily curb-stomped every time.

Second, JF’s getting a troop bonus to his attack, which is not shown on his card before the battle.

A skill’s damage over time is tied to the hero’s attack score, so with troops it will always be higher than advertised.

2 Likes

Thanks, Kadaxas!

That’s helpful information. I didn’t know the DoT boosted with the attack score (i.e. TG and Troop increases) or that their was a 20% Raid Defense booster.

1 Like

It’s a kinda funny mechanic–If Boldtusk were to activate and boost JF’s attack, that would not increase his fire damage. It’s only affected by his attack score walking into the battle, and it can’t change during the fight.

I’ve recently noticed some issues with Jean Francois where I’m battling an opponent during Alliance Wars and we’re both using JF, same attack attribute and same attack percentage from troops (22%), but my JF’s burn damage per turn was 202 and my opponent’s JF was 249 per turn. We both had emblems on him. I have him at level 13 and my opponent has him with 16 emblems, but we have the same attack stat attribute at 812. I believe this may require Small Giant’s attention.

To make them more difficult, defense teams get a flat 20% increase to both attack and defense. That’s the difference.

If that opponent had attacked you, the difference would be there as well, but with YOURS being the higher damage one.

2 Likes

What!? On top of field aid! Rigged!

1 Like

To compensate the dumb ai…

1 Like

Your defense team gets the same +20% as well…

Thanks for the info, Raghadorn.

I still dont understand. If the effect is 302 burn damage over 2 turns, it doesnt mention anything about being a % of the attack power. My JF has more emblems and my troop lvl is higher but how does this person get to 432 burn damage??

All written and explained in detail here: Understanding DoT (Damage over Time)

(Posted earlier in this thread too btw).

Jean Francois’ defence ailment protections is not working correctly. I can’t start a new thread (new account to the forums), but someone at SG needs to look j to this. I have been playing for 3+ years, and have had JF since the first time he was a HOTM, do this isn’t a newb lack of understanding thing. His description includes the defence status ailment protection for 4 turn whereby if, after JFs special goes off, he or any of his allies are hit by a special that “affects defence” it is supposed to be negated and in substitution the affected hero is supposed to get +42% defence for 4 turns.

In the past this power has always worked exactly as described. After his special goes off, if you got hit in the next four turns with a defence ailment, the word “protected” would appear in green text and the blue shield with the green upward arrow would appear and the character info would show +42% defence for 4 turns. It’s actually one of the only reasons I use JF.

Now, I’ve noticed a different behaviour over the past several weeks, but I can’t say exactly when it started as I first assumed that I probably just missed something like another ailment on my team that wouldn’t allow me to gain new buffs. The behaviour now is that the +42% defence for four turns is not happening! The protection from the debuff still works as the “protected” text appears and the debuff does not appear, but the defence buff is not applied either.

I finally decided to report this bug after satisfying myself that I wasn’t missing something. I had a raid today where I had JF and was facing costumed Vivica. There were no other heroes/enemies that would have impacted the operation of JFs special and no enemies had specials that would prevent the activation of a new buff. During the battle, JFs special went off, and then 2 turns later, Costumed Vivica went off on the other team. As described above the word “protected” appeared in front of all of my heroes and costumed Vivicas team wide defence down debuff was not applied to any of my heroes, but neither was the +42% defence that should have replaced it.

This not working makes JF, who is already fairly useless except in limited cases (I use him mostly because he has one of the highest tile damage of my red heroes and he does good damage with my boldtusk tank), even worse. I have actually waited quite a when and watched this over several weeks to make sure I wasn’t just imagining things or missing some other status that was preventing this from working properly. The only new hero I have recently added to my mono red team (which is the only thing I use JF for) is Yang Mai who I got to 4-80 a few days ago, but I am quite sure that this was happening before I started using her. (I’m still not sure about her and I rarely use heroes before I have them fully levelled.)

Anyway, tl;dr SG needs to look at JFs special and make sure the defence status ailment protection is working as per the description in his card. I used to work properly but is not working any more.