Jean Francois - DoT not at 304?

Mine has gotten crazy, burning his own allies, i think i feed him to my Cheshire Cat, who looks hungry all the time anyway :smile:

Closing as a duplicate.

Burn damage scales with the attack stat. He needs to be maxed (i.e. have max base attack) to have the 302 base burn damage

3 Likes

ah… thank’s. I thought that is enough to be max leveled special skill

Yep, not a bug. I’ll add the recommended reading link.

Downside: it is NOT enough to max the special skill level.

Upside: when you increase his attack stat via troops or emblems, his DoT will be even higher than 302.

5 Likes

Thanks @IvyTheTerrible. With this resolved, I’ll close the thread.

4 Likes

Jean Francois is not working as intended its seems to be stuck at 184 for although I have him full ascended and emblemed

1 Like

That’s per turn. 184 x 2 = 368 over 2 turns. Nothing wrong with your JF.

Btw, ita higher than the 304 because of the attack bonus from your troop.

6 Likes

My bad it’s like 3am here I shouldn’t even be up

4 Likes

Hi, I have a jean-francois whose special skill is already at level 8. However the burn damage is only 254 when all the images I see are 304 burn. How can i get this fixed? #bug-issues #contact-support

This not a bug. The burn damage scales with your hero level until you max him at 4-80. When he is maxed, so will his special damage.

1 Like

I have another bug with JF. He’s level 70, farthest he can go without his max ascension.
When I’m not in combat, it says he does 254 burn damage over 2 turns.
However, as soon as I take him into combat, that changes. It then says he does 304 over 2 turns, and that’s exactly what he does. Since he’s not maxed, I think 254 should be the correct number. How is it that he suddenly jumps to 304 in combat even though he’s not max leveled? When I check him in my roster after the battle’s over, it’s back to 254 again.
Edit: Since this is a different bug complaint, I’ll go ahead & make another thread for it

You must add troop bonus… Just scroll a bit up @KLinMayhem explained it

1 Like

Ah! Yep, I changed the troops and the DoT changed accordingly. Thanks! New thread canceled

Can anyone explain this one? From 284 to 390 is a 37% boost. Also, the rest of his stats? Didn’t even look like the same hero (hence the snapshot of the team).

First off, defensive teams get a 20% boost in the effectiveness of their attack and defense. This is how they round out the battle so defensive squads don’t get easily curb-stomped every time.

Second, JF’s getting a troop bonus to his attack, which is not shown on his card before the battle.

A skill’s damage over time is tied to the hero’s attack score, so with troops it will always be higher than advertised.

2 Likes

Thanks, Kadaxas!

That’s helpful information. I didn’t know the DoT boosted with the attack score (i.e. TG and Troop increases) or that their was a 20% Raid Defense booster.

1 Like

It’s a kinda funny mechanic–If Boldtusk were to activate and boost JF’s attack, that would not increase his fire damage. It’s only affected by his attack score walking into the battle, and it can’t change during the fight.

I’ve recently noticed some issues with Jean Francois where I’m battling an opponent during Alliance Wars and we’re both using JF, same attack attribute and same attack percentage from troops (22%), but my JF’s burn damage per turn was 202 and my opponent’s JF was 249 per turn. We both had emblems on him. I have him at level 13 and my opponent has him with 16 emblems, but we have the same attack stat attribute at 812. I believe this may require Small Giant’s attention.