Jean-François +94 % defense against Ice (Working as Intended - Staff Response #39)

I’ve noticed ice heros hitting harder than the common formula gives. Plug in half the defense boost… 47% and the numbers should work but not sure why

Vela’s Elemental Attack Boost against Fire is not totally negated by Jean-Francois’ 94% Ice defense. She still does significant damage.

And Alasie does 462% damage as a standard. It’s more against Fire. That is a substantial amount not withstanding Jean-Francois’ Ice defense. Alasie fully ascended always does north of 1,000 in damage even to my maxed Seshat with 7 nodes on the Talent Grid that focuses on defense.

I don’t think JF is broken, but his buffs have been semi-nerfed by specific Ice heroes, so he’s not impossible to beat in an Ice stack.

Topic has been raised previously:

Could it be, Alasie as a ranger bypassed the buff? Emblems give her a chance to bypass defensive buffs.

That’s a very good point. Pierce affect does by-pass the buff.

Alasie didn’t pierce. Magni does it too. Blue heroes are hitting harder than they should when my heroes have 94% ice defense…

I just went and found an Alasie and made sure to take a pic this time. She does 871 damage to my hero who is supposed to have 94% defense. You can see that her pierce ability did not trigger. It’s a bug.

1 Like

Here’s another one, that’s too much damage.

1 Like

Here is a Richard tank I found. I got a screenshot of Richard firing while I have JF 94% ice defense, I fled and came back and got a screenshot of his damage without 94% ice defense. Seriously this does not look like 94% ice defense.

2 Likes

18 posts were merged into an existing topic: Buff JF elemental defense

Thank you for the reports! We have now checked Jean-François’ special here with the developers. The Elemental defense buff should be working as intended (similar behavior to the other Elemental defense buffs). I hope this helps to clarify!

6 Likes

Thank you very much. All questions are answered. No more speculations.

2 Likes

All screenshots in this topic look fine to me.

Regarding the first screenshot, keep in mind that Finley hits hardest on his first hit. Damage on further targets gets decreased by 20% per each hit.

Based on those damage values, Finley targeted the following heroes in order:

1. Grazul
  2. J.F.
  3. Marjana (pierced the ice defense buff, which is why she took about the same damage as J.F.)
  4. Gravemaker
  5. Kestrel

I’d have to get your troops and your opponent’s Finley troop to get calculations on the damage and verify, but these numbers don’t look far off to me.

Remember that the defense buff is a multiplier to the heroes defense stat – not a reduction on damage as a whole. So a +94% defense buff is more like a +46% damage reduction.

5 Likes

Hello friends empires and puzzles, I have noticed failures in the hero of the month Jean François, his protection against ice stops working.

Ice enemies easily strike Jean Francois and the other heroes their protection against the effects of ice works occasionally… Thank you.

Hi @Hades1986

I answered your question on the previous thread you wrote this on.

Also if you read the message 2 comments above yours, you’ll see another good explanation on the ice buff…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I don’t see the 94% defense against ice Jean suppose to have against ice when I’m fighting a green hero and Vela

That is always a bit tricky.

Ice heroes gives to fire double damage, so 200% damage.

200% - 94% = 106% damage.

So an ice hero like Vela still gives a bit more damage of a neutral hero (like purple or yellow).

It is not 94% less, it is just “normal” after Jean Francois boost.

Maybe the OP is looking for such icon.