Jean-François – 5* Fire/ Red - February 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month)

With the arrival of Heimdall and extra HP heroes who would prevent negative defense status aliments would be more useful than ever while in his (Heimdall) team while heroes that would lower HP would greatly benefit from DoT.

Kingston is in top 5, as well as Mother North and Alby.

Zephyr, reading this thread shows most people are unhappy with Jean and his weak attacks. Not on par with other red heroes. Any chance of buffing him, get positive feedback from fans, or its not a priority now that season 3 is in focus?

2 Likes

Any fans or haters in here?

• I love Mr. Fireball
  • I hate Mr. Fireball
  • I sadly pulled 5 of him
  • He’s my first 5*
  • I fed him to Aife

0 voters

:wink:

Can I go for option 3 if I only got 3 of him or does it have to be 5+?

For sure, even 2 are 2 more than necessary. :yum:

If only his DoT would stack at least.

4 Likes

I voted for same even though I only pulled 2. Now I’m waiting for Telluria to show up so I can pull s3. If Telluria wasn’t showing up tomorrow, I would had skipped S3 summons entirely

1 Like

Thank you for this breath of fresh air. My bench is not deep, I got 10 5* heroes but I have Azlar, Elena and Marjana for reds.

I don’t have even a bit of problem with slow heroes, I am great at playing with them. So i am leaning more and more towards maxing Khagan. I know it sounds terrible but he will be in great synergy in my mono red, with falcon and wilbur.

JF, on the other hand, can receive my wizard emblems. He would probably be at +15 with them. Khagan won’t receive any emblems unless he is offered a costume in future.

I will have a set of rings very soon, and both JF and Khagan can be maxed, so this is just a matter of order. What do you think, does Khagan worth a shot or JF is unquestionable at least against Khagan?

P.S.: I have costumed Melendor +20 to counter def down heroes, no problem whatsoever with that.

JF can help protect Wilburs defense buff while dealing A bit of damage and adding a critical boost. I think he adds more than Khagan would to your mono team.

Yeah, i keep forgetting about the critical bonus, thanks. I might replace him with Azlar, and add marjana to my mono red team. That way i could make use of his speed. Thanks for the input.

JF really shines when paired with a defense up hero. I usually take him with aegir but Wilbur also makes a natural pair. JF doesn’t really help counter tanks but can burn down entire the rest of the team. He is not a game changer, but very solid. I usually won’t take him against Ursena tanks where taking an extra sniper is important to make sure she is killed before she goes off a second time, but if there are green and blue flanks, he fits well for me as an off color in a 3/2 with Black Knight

1 Like

I find Khagan to be more useful than JF in my red mono… but it could be because my team is Boldtusk, Khagan, G. Falcon, Elena and Wilbur.

They really are a do or die team and they usually are on my last war flag.

2 Likes

We can still try at end of march (26 march) S3 summon…

I’d personally go with JF. He’ll charge at the same time as Marjana if you use them together in a stack. And he’s a better option than Melendor against Kunchen tanks.

Oh believe me, there is no better counter to kunchen than a costumed melendor with +20 emblems.

But i guess i will max JF and emblem him, thanks for the input.

Although I am just a casual F2P gamer, I was one of the few who strongly object on nerfing the beta JF as we don’t want a second Neith.
True enough, with no initial damage and a meagre 3xx damages (which could be slightly boosted by emblem) over 2 turn, he is not much of a threat anymore. Without a dispeller ready, Vela does it better with initial damages. GM is still the king of fire and desire…lol.
The only big bonus was his good synergy with the likes of Zeline and Vela which will be devastating on offense.
No heroes are considered OP in the board play as the board and the team strategy play a big part. The rest will be pure planning and luck.
As simple as that!

*The crit chances was a great addition on offense but one simple question to those who had tested JF in beta where most are saying beta JF is more desirable than GM.
Do you still want JF in his current form over GM?

1 Like

I meant this months offers for S3 summons

1 Like

I think in the right lineup he could be a great tank. Testing him in that team on raid d and current war, since we run red tanks, he will get to emblem lv16 the next days (defensive path) Guin just gave up hers for him. Will try Snow White+16 instead of Frida too. Raid d is 7-2, no attacks in war so far, but can’t wait to get info. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Why that? /*20shrugs*/

So I was saving my gems for March and Telluria because I wasn’t sure JF was worth it. But in a moment of weakness with less than an hour to go until March 1, I said screw it and did a Valhalla 10 pull and this happened. JF x2!!!