Jean-François – 5* Fire/ Red - February 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month)

As the most bombstically opposed forum poster to all things JF, one is forced to wonder why on earth you pulled for him at all

11 Likes

He is red? Like I stated red is lacking hitters especially in my line up. I have lady Locke so if I can pull telluria he can get use with her and Vela. By himself he is simply meh but combined with some people he can be decent support

2 Likes

Thanks a lot @zephyr1 :hugs:

1 Like

Did he say he was DoctorNormal? No, he’s DoctorStrange.

5 Likes

Haha I love it. But I detect snark in there dont make me get another post close by not agreeing with the so called goat’s of the game lol. I’m on a roll this new year

4 Likes

After pulling Vela just last Sunday I was not hopeful of getting JF at all this month. I was going to wait for Atlantis, but I am a history nerd, who loves the era of the musketeers, and also has no patience whatsoever.

It took me seven pulls for him to pop up. Very glad since I only had two more shots after that pull. Since he came alongside my first Boril, and one of my earlier pulls was my first Rigard, it seems the RNG fates are smiling on me today.

I am afraid I don’t have the mats to ascend him at all right now - only one rings and my hidden blades are going to Boldtusk (hopefully later this week) - but I am hopefully to run him alongside Vela at some point in the future. As someone else mentioned, water and fire damage at the same time could be interesting to see.

Having pulled Natalya in December (she is also unascended) I am curious to see how JF compares to her in matches.

For the moment though, he is going to be restricted to farming, and possibly offence in wars, since even unlevelled at all he is my 31st strongest hero on my roster.

I don’t have GM and while I see a lot of people are comparing him to GM and coming up short, all we can do is work with what we get, and I am very happy to get JF… or any 5* hero for that matter.

10 Likes

you should remember me as one of the most vocal supporters of buffing up JF in that other thread.

3 Likes

Grudges clouds memories :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

The only part of JF I really find disappointing is the ice defense. It’s almost completely useless without tank stats that would allow him to be used as a defensive tank. It would be better as a nature defense buff to make JF more useful as a flank for a blue tank (likely his best position on defense) and against titans.

Otherwise he looks pretty versatile, and I’d probably ascend him if I pulled him.

In put the lols because I know you were joking :slight_smile: you have an actual brain unlike some of these walking pocketbooks and the group totally respects your opinion. We just waiting tonget high enough to take on crew in an alliance war. The butthurt will be epic :slight_smile:

I never hold a grudge from post to post. I do however remember who has a brain worth respecting and others who are simply no better than the trolls who leave alliances mid war.

1 Like

I got the wrong impression then :wink:

Anyway, just to add something to the topic, If I were to pull JF in this month I’ll strip my Wizard emblems from Sartana and field him as tank in my alliance war’s defense.

Beta tought me that he is a good tank when he follows the defense+hp route… and he could follow it almost to the very end (from 1 to 17).

Then the attackers would be softened enough to be killed by my snipers.
His special works very well with Field Aid and Arrow Barrage, Attack Boost would empower snipers the most.

He works the best with a Crit Troop, his primary job is to endure hits and soften enemies while improving his own survivability and negating upcoming negative defense status aliments.
He isn’t the best Wizard tank but neither the worst.

13 Likes

I think he’s meant as a Def version of gravemaker. If you’re a fan of DOT then he’s really good to pair with azlar to chain burn damage back to back

Agreed @Yayo! That Defense Status Ailment Protection for 4 turns +42% defense on being hit with an ailment…ummmm yeah I kinda need this one BAD

1 Like

15 tokens for lianna, quintus, Khagen and dawa!!!

16 Likes

I know is a noob question but I never know how to properly use elemental defense. I get confused by the colors.

If a pull JP, where his 94% ice defense is best used?

To me the fact that he is a wizard really made him worse. There is just no way to give him emblems over guin or hel even. Had he been a rogue we could be talking but a wizard dot dealer??

8 Likes

Either as a tank or on offense to weaken hits from a hero like Finley I’d say.

His special was nerfed from beta and now he is over hyped. Not GM. Vela or Neith level. If I can get King Arthur or Frida this month I will be ok without him.

2 Likes

Vela is better than him.

8 Likes