Jean-François – 5* Fire/ Red - February 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month)

I’m aware of this, yes

If dot is 302 per 2 turns and you have troops that add 20% attack, dot will 360,4 be per 2 turns.
When you add emblems i think it’s calculated as a percentage of your base attack. You get +15 attack per emblem node.
x% * 737 (JF base attack) = 15 (attack buff per emblem node)
x = 2,03%
So JF’s dot will increase with 2.03% per attack node.
2.03% * 302 = 6 points raw damage per attack node
I’m not 100% sure on this so if someone could verify this, that would be great :slight_smile:

1 Like

hmm… I think it does.
In my last raid I fought a Marjana. She has 318 burn over 6 turns => 53 burn per turn. Emblems are included in this number here already because they effect base attack stats.
Furthermore she had lvl 12 mana troops giving her 20% more attack. Now add 20% attack bonus from being on defense and the element link Gravemaker gave her. A total of 45%. Her burn increased to 76 per turn which you can see on the screenshot

2 Likes

Olmor already posted this but I guess it could be useful: Understanding DoT (Damage over Time)

4 Likes

Vela flanking Telluria is going to be da bomb. If JF was stronger it would be an insane synergy

2 Likes

Ok so I have the mats for my next 5* Red who should it be …

JF
Elena
Anzogh
Or 2nd Grazul

My current raid defence is - Domitia / Onatel / Richard / Red Hood / Kadilen

I would wait till next month HOTM drops on the scene and see what new synergies she gonna bring out. Definitely hoping for a nice meta change as upper diamond is very redundant in battles.

1 Like

If I were you, I’d max Anzogh. I was waiting for JF to come out and when he did, I knew he (JF) wasn’t going to add anything to my roster. Anzogh would be a better benefit for you than JF would, but that’s just by looking at your red’s, what other heroes do you have?

I personally enjoy him quite a bit, he counters almost everything that drops down defense. Evelyn being an exception. But he does great vs Frida, Finley and Kunchen which are 3 heroes often seen at end game pvp.
I guess his peak is on platinium pvp where you see a lot of -def ults or Wilburs. But even then, he has his place in a team that is not a whale or heavy spender at Diamond arena.

Most ppl fail to see the good of him, because they get tunneled at thinking at GM or because they have 95% of this game heroes. So yeah, not saying such an opinion shouldnt count but being bias as hell doesnt help your argument either.

5 Likes

Wouldn’t Frida be exception too, has same dispell as evelyn

Evelyn will do her max dmg, then JF will switch her -def nat with a +def and then Evelyn will Dispell it all. So you take full green dmg and get no -def nat. So you cant get full value or a lot of value off of Jf’s ult.

Frida will do her dmg vs the 94% ice defense, then apply her -def ice and get countered with the +def from Jf and finally it gets all dispelled.
So you take minimal dmg and no -def ice. So Almost full value from Jf’s ult (Frida only dispells 3 ppl at best, so 2 other heroes will still have Jf’s buff).

What I needed to hear just pulled gonna get rings! :+1:

JF’s dot with 30-mana-troups without emblems…

5 Likes

Which heroes would be the other two musketeers? Once I get JF leveled, he’s going to flank Yunan for me.

I would trade all 3 of my JF’s for one GM. I haven’t maxed JF yet, but I wish they had compromised and put his DOT at 3 turns with more damage instead of 2.

7 Likes

I swapped a maxed, unemblembed Vela in for Athena in my defense team (Albi +12 / Athena+7 / Yunan+11 / Ariel+7 / Costume Joon +11) and noticed an immediate jump in victory %

She’s great synergy with a Green tank. I’m going to max JF and see how he fits in. If all three DoTs are going, it’s like 500/round to the whole opposing team, and Yunan cutting healing in half.

7 Likes

Just did this… Need serious mats

1 Like

I got him!!! But I got BK too in the Avalon event…in which one I should work first?

1 Like

burger king is one of the best red heroes.

6 Likes

if you need a red tank so BK. However they are so different that it depends on your roster neccesities.

I think that BK is by far a better hero. I dont mean JF is bad, no no, he covers other kind of things.Although he can work as a tank too i think.

Go for BK and then if you want JF next

2 Likes