📯 Jarvur – New Season 3 Hero – 3* Ice/Blue: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 3 Hero Releasing: Jarvur!

:bar_chart: Stats

Jarvur

Rarity Element Class
:star::star::star:
Rare
:snowflake:
Ice/Blue
Druid
Mana Speed Attack Defense Health
F
Fast
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
Origin Realm
Season 3 Svartalfheim
:dizzy: Special Skill: Jab and Hook
  • Deals 265% damage to the target.
  • Stack: The caster gets +10% attack. The maximum size of stack is 10.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Jarvur from the last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Jarvur?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Jarvur.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Jarvur and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Jarvur worth summoning for?

• Would you use Jarvur on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Jarvur?

• What heroes would you take when facing Jarvur as an opponent?

• Would you give Jarvur Druid Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of Jarvur’s special?

• What do you think of Jarvur’s character design?

• If you Summoned Jarvur and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Jarvur and whether/how you plan to make use of Jarvur.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Jarvur when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Jarvur, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Jarvur (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Jarvur), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Season 3 Heroes.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Valhalla Rare Hero?

It’s important to remember that Season 3 Valhalla Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Season 3 Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 41% chance of summoning Jarvur.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 65 times out of 100, you’ll get Jarvur by pull 20
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Jarvur by pull 57
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Jarvur by pull 87

Putting that in Perspective

• 35 out of every 100 people won’t get Jarvur by the 20th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 20 times, 350,000 of those players wouldn’t get Jarvur

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Jarvur by the 57th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 57 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get Jarvur

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Jarvur (post release)

:question: Is Jarvur worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re summoning for other heroes
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Jarvur compared to other 3* Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Jarvur is it worth keeping & levelling?

Note this will be roster dependent & not the same for all players.

• None (zero)
  • One
  • Two
  • Three
  • Four +

0 voters

:question: How does Jarvur’s Special Skill match its Base Stats?

Note this means its Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think Jarvur’s Primary Purpose is?

• Primary Damage Dealer (Sniper)
  • Secondary Damage Dealer (Sniper)
  • Self Attack Buff

0 voters

:question: Is Jarvur worth giving Druid Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you are focused on Event Competition
  • Yes, compared to other 3* heroes
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: Where do you think Jarvur is best suited on defence (in a 3* arena)?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Jarvur will be best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

1 Like

Well I snagged him this morning.

He looks like Rocket so he gets my vote :joy::joy:

4 Likes

3 of them here, will try one first. :see_no_evil:

Got one this morning. Fast and stacks. Definitely going to give him a try out.

Even if he is rubbish I can never have too many cute animals on my roster. :smiley_cat:

8 Likes

After the disappointment with Mireweave, this little guy will really have to prove himself… But TBH I’m quite happy with my blue 3* family, so he’s way down the priority list.

3 Likes

Can’t help but wonder if he’ll push out Gato as the go-to blue 3 star for events. Gato’s base attack stat is 516, Jarvur’s is 495. Both are fast mana. So after Jarvur firing his special once he’ll be well ahead of Gato in terms of tile damage (and that gap can only increase).

5 Likes

Thanks for giving me some hope for this little critter. Was disappointed that he was my only new hero this Valhalla, but maybe he has a place in a rare mono blue team.

1 Like

This is supposed to be a wolverine, right?

1 Like

Ok silly question but …Can someone explain this stack?
I have Jarvur and Mireweave but never used and both sitting at 1/1
Are they worth putting in a mono team
My current 3* blue mono is:
Gato x 2, Nordri, Gunnar costume and Karil costume
Thanks

He get’s a 10% attack buff each time he cast his special. They stack up to a max of 100% attack buff.
The stack doesn’t get removed after X turns like other buffs, but some game mechanics can remove stacks.
AFAIK it’s also additional to any other atk buff he might get.

I’m unsure how strong his is. Stats and special damage alone are weaker than Valen or Gato, but he does more damage after a few casts. In most situation you won’t get a stack above 2-3 though before the battle ends.

7 Likes

His full picture title says wolverine, yes.

True…

But Gato has other uses too - he protects my boy Chick Jr from himself, which is extremely useful when I want to run AoE.

If I hadn’t started either, this would be enough to swing it towards Gato - damn losing a bit of extra damage if I can get Jarvur firing 2/3+ times.

Do I need both?
Not really, I have Gato and Vodnik maxed already, another 3* sniper isn’t a high priority to me.

2 Likes

Drawn this little sucker today (with Clarissa finally so… yeah).

My rare blue stack right now is
Valen, Nordi, Gunnar C, Gato, Chick Jr.

Could see him replacing Valen or Chick Jr. when I’m running with Gunnar C since I won’t need defense down or AOE then. Maybe fast tournaments are his thing.

All in all i find him interesting for the moment. But I believe he overcomplicates gameplay and makes you even more dependent on a good board like so many S3 heroes.

Maybe stack 5 with 20% increase. Then I’m willing to take the risk since I benefit earlier.

Gunnar C will run much, much better with AoE than snipe.

Spirit link is rightly considered a buff (as far as dispel/cleanse goes) because it makes single target damage like snipe or tile spread and makes it less likely to kill… Throw AoE at it and it’ll hit much higher damage to each target because it’s still 5 targets worth of damage being spread around.

I kinda like this about S3 - the hero’s are often a bit niche and better suited to deep benches where basic functionality is already covered… They’re really powerful, but they’re less versatile.

It makes things more interesting and varied in endgame… Which is refreshing if you’re there or nearly there.
If you’re not, they’re cool but may not always be the best choice if you have options.

3 Likes

Will give this a try. Thanks for the heads up. much appreciated.

1 Like

Summoned Jarvur yesterday. I already have Gato+20 (and 1 at 1/1), Chick Jr, Nordri+11 (and 1 at 1/1), Vodnik, Valen+4, and cGunnar maxed (only at level 5 though, can’t get him to 8…so I can’t emblem him yet).

I was going to level Chick Jr next, then Vodnik. Now I don’t know whether or not to prioritize Jarvur over either of them.

I know that Chick has high tile dmg though and he comes highly recommended.

What to do? :thinking:

With Gato to block the self harm aspect of Chick… And cGunnar to boost damage?

Chick all day.

1 Like

Yeah got one today will have no capes after last teir for Athena, I only have gato n valen for 3* Blue so may work on some 3* Blue, gunner w/c I’ll prob do first vodnik then this.

Lol this is exactly what I thought so that’s why I like him. But he’s good.

Cookie Settings