January hotm

Drake that normally combats her panther wings and zel/grave flanks? That drake that can blind guins mana cutting and actually turn a match around?

1 Like

I was guessing what SGG was thinking, rather than offering my own opinion with “not the end of the world.” My guess is you’ll see upcoming HOTM who are solid Onatel killers. After all, gotta keep demand up for gems!

1 Like

I’ll do you one better and start complaining right now that she’s game breaking and overpowered if she isn’t made to be slow

2 Likes

Lol now it’s a party

I’m just guessin by speculation honestly. My opinion is just an opinion. Mabe she’s underpowered and i dont see it. Who knows. Release will tell.

Im gonna whine and complain just to be on the safe side even though I wouldnt know as well as people who actually have beta and have gotten to play with her— also whining is fun

2 Likes

I don’t really call voicing concern over upcoming game changes whining but ok lol

she’s not op as she only steals generated mana and not actual owned mana. one has to be careful as when fill her mana or it could backfire
IMHO she’s a great hero but not op

2 Likes

Plus her attack is too high. And her defense. And her health. And I’m not too keen on her robe either. They totally need to nerf her robe. It gives an unfair advantage.

4 Likes

How many Harumphs do you have to give until you get your Harumph badge?

2 Likes

Idk lol i actually do have fun convos elsewhere. For some reason forum just brings out my negativity

Probably due to the fact i see “possible” problems emerge and no one choose to at least acknowledge they could exist. They just applaud and carry on about the positives of a hero or change. And too many times I’ve seen that happen then end up bitin us later on.

Without being in beta, all i do and can do is speculate about upcoming changes. I try to find the flaws before the positives. Positives don’t/won’t need fixed most likely, flaws will so best to point them out as early as possible before release so that hopefully they get noticed by testers or devs. Testers don’t catch everything, neither does the community, or devs, or myself. But if all work together and try to find what could be done better or different then we’re more likely to achieve the common goal of “what’s best for the game”

Sorry if that rains on everyone’s parade but i promise i have good intentions when i go on my rants or “whines”

3 Likes

I believe different views are great and usually make the whole better. onatel will undoubtedly be used as tank by those who don’t have Guinevere because of her defense stats but as far as specials go she’s not the best by far
And she doesn’t work well with other mana manipulating heroes (inari, hansel, merlin)

1 Like

So it’s not hard to gain mana with 3 heros while she drains it? And she doesnt work well with hel?

In some sense, none of the mana manipulating heroes work well together, with the possible exception of mana cut (so Hu Tao and Guin) and mana lock (Proteus and Hel). Otherwise, they’re all at cross-purposes.

That said, slowing down the rate of specials being ready while recharging your own special is pretty powerful. She looks quite nice to me.

1 Like

With average special speed she could even be the ideal assist for many tanks and a main reason to skip some teams

1 Like

i like her but not op

2 Likes

Not being in beta, I haven’t got any feel for how much mana gets siphoned in early rounds of the special. So I just don’t have an opinion yet. But @Kerridoc is busy shining his darts and polishing his orbs in anticipation. So she’s probably pretty strong. I’ll reserve judgement until I’ve thrown my phone a couple of times on account of her :smile:

4 Likes

Well, even I’m not in beta but I know for sure that heroes needs 100% mana to fire their specials :rofl:

2 Likes

According to this poll, most feel that Dark is the strongest color, with Holy being near bottom, so maybe she can help bridge the gap or bring balance to the force.

1 Like

you fire hel and onatel wont drain any mana as no mana is generated from that hero

So it doesnt drain already generated mana, just new mana generated after the special is fired?