January hotm

In some sense, none of the mana manipulating heroes work well together, with the possible exception of mana cut (so Hu Tao and Guin) and mana lock (Proteus and Hel). Otherwise, they’re all at cross-purposes.

That said, slowing down the rate of specials being ready while recharging your own special is pretty powerful. She looks quite nice to me.

1 Like

With average special speed she could even be the ideal assist for many tanks and a main reason to skip some teams

1 Like

i like her but not op

2 Likes

Not being in beta, I haven’t got any feel for how much mana gets siphoned in early rounds of the special. So I just don’t have an opinion yet. But @Kerridoc is busy shining his darts and polishing his orbs in anticipation. So she’s probably pretty strong. I’ll reserve judgement until I’ve thrown my phone a couple of times on account of her :smile:

4 Likes

Well, even I’m not in beta but I know for sure that heroes needs 100% mana to fire their specials :rofl:

2 Likes

According to this poll, most feel that Dark is the strongest color, with Holy being near bottom, so maybe she can help bridge the gap or bring balance to the force.

1 Like

you fire hel and onatel wont drain any mana as no mana is generated from that hero

So it doesnt drain already generated mana, just new mana generated after the special is fired?

Some beta testers really dislike her; others like me think she’s fun. She is trickier to use than, say, Hel, who you can simply fire whenever to great advantage. Onatel benefits by some thoughtful setup and deployment. For that reason she seems to play better on offense than defense.

I’m pleased to see creativity in new hero design. Inari, for example, is a not a cookie-cutter hero. Onatel as well stretches the hero space with differently conceived skills. Excellent artwork, too, continuing the recent trend of non-sexualized, no-nonsense women.

10 Likes

800 defense sucks at defense? Soo a yellow aegir?

I didn’t say sucks, I think she’s good all around, but her special skill rewards those who plan for it. The AI doesn’t plan.

3 Likes

Thanks for the analysis. That makes a lot of sense. The fact that she was a new mana siphon rather than a direct steal seemed to suggest she might be trickier to use effectively. But if the rate builds fast enough, she could really frustrate an offense too.

I agree that it is nice to see more thoughtful hero design (as well as non-sexualized female characters). The real challenge is that the more offbeat the powers are, the more likely that the hero needs to be played on offense rather than defense. So it would be nice to see some new “set it and forget it” heroes mixed in amongst the new clever ones.

3 Likes

Well there goes that concern lol. I wont be pulling in january. Considered it if she was a viable tank(which at slow mana she appeared to be on paper). Thanks man

It was more than that. And buffs/nerfs can happen in equal measure in Beta. That’s my point. No one actually knows what the hero will be until it’s released. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So no more discussing/speculating beta?

Anyways i really don’t care what happens in this game. And everytime i discuss pretty much anything somebody has to spat off. How can i delete my forum account?

@Kerridoc @Rook @JonahTheBard

This kinda reminds me of Hansel and Gretel, good on defense but truly shine when you can plan the timing.

On offense you can just smash the selected enemy with a bunch of any color tiles and force their mana up so they’ll get punished for it. On defense its a bit trickier because its possible for the player to avoid getting their heroes mana filled up in time

Nonsense!

I’m pointing out what you already know, and I appreciate your poking at the amorphous shape to tease out what is really there.

How do we know anything except by asking?

generates orb of osuvox around your account to protect it :wink:

1 Like

What element would Goblin Slayer be? Fire? Red eyes. Skill: Berserker Potion hero gains +150% atk and +55% defense for 4 turns. Hero loses 25% of current hp and inflicts 250 dmg on their self over 4 turns.

If you didn’t say interesting things, no one would feel the urge to challenge you. I appreciate the content and thoughts you bring, and I certainly hope you don’t pack it in.

5 Likes

Thanks man

20 characters

5 Likes