January deal

I need this deal so bad :slight_smile:

When was this? Was this to celebrate devs birthday or what?

No this was an offer that was only given to a select number of people and there was righteous fury over it.

Happened before my time even, so June or earlier.

The common herb is worth the $10 aloneā€¦

2 Likes

How do they select people? I want to be the one selected tooā€¦:wink:

Literally only SG knows. It wonā€™t be coming back; really what they probably should have done was offer it to every existing account that didnā€™t get it but for whatever reason that isnā€™t what they chose to do from a customer service perspective.

Some of the other 1 time offers are still floating around but that one is dead and gone, and every one of the new offers has been offered to everyone as it should be.

3 Likes

Fair enough. but I will keep an eye for that shady dealā€¦

See below:

Continuing the discussion from Regarding the Gigantic Discount Offer:

P.S. Always fun to read through a forumā€™s ā€œNews and Updatesā€ section.

1 Like

Thanks. gonna go read

The ā€œdealā€ is compared to the lowest end rate.

This is indeed a very good deal, compared to even the highest end gem rate. The highest end gem rate (Again in USD) is 10,000 gems for $99.99. looking at it in a cents/gem rate, thatā€™s 9999/10,000 = 0.9999 cents per gem. Letā€™s call it a penny per gem to make it easry

the US version of this deal was 800 gems for $7.99. so just the gems get 799/800 = 0.9875 cents per gem. So you get better than the bulk discount gem rate AND 2 good 3 star ascension items basically for free, plus the farmable stuff.

Itā€™s literally everything you asked for during the winter deal when complaining about the chainmail deals - you asked for top end gem rate + non-farmable ascension items.

Here you go.

5 Likes

Wow just finished Reading the thread about the gigantic discount!

If I were a player back then, spender or not, and hadnt received it, I honestly wouldnā€™t be here with all of youā€¦ and could have lost a chance of enjoying a good game or found another good oneā€¦
But now I really really really regret ALL the purchases I made larger than $10. I am so raged (I wasnt even here) that I swear to any god that exists that will never spend big again. They dont deserve my respect, my Faith, my trust and MOSTLY my Money. I have had bad luck with ALL purchases (like, pay more to get what you want), but as everyone struggles for good stuff, Always dealt with it.

Now I can understand why there are so many people fully leveled and with good heroes.

I would step back from the ledge.

First off, only people who had never spent a single $ got that deal. It wasnā€™t a huge % of the playing population. Those who did can only purchase it once.

Second off, while it was a great deal for $3, 6000 gems and 5 epic hero tokens isnā€™t exactly loading anyone up with fully loaded 5 stars. Thatā€™s two 10x epic or elemental pulls + 2 more singles. So 22+5 = 27 hero chances. statistically speaking, youā€™re going to get 0 or 1 5 star most of the time with that. Also, thereā€™s not any ascension items either.

So no, that deal did not mean all of a sudden there were hundreds of people flying around with teams of 80s. This deal didnā€™t transform large groups of noobs to powerhouse top 100 players.

I wouldnā€™t let a random mistake from when the game as much smaller and less mature (i.e. June 2017) ruin your enjoyment, especially since that deal has never been seen again. Youā€™re not missing out on anything.

4 Likes

I hear you, but weā€™ll never know.
My ally mate acquired the beginnerā€™s deal (3000 gems + a few stuff) and got FOUR 5* heroes, three + HotM. I agree of course about ascension but as it was JUNE and we are JANUARY all those benefitted are fully upgraded NOW, which I clearly stated above.

Anyway I am a nervous person to na extremely and harmful extent, and I dont support things like this in a online gameā€¦ maybe real life we can do nothing, but here the situation was easy to be fixed and nothing was done.

Who knows, maybe the chances back then where better

And since they nerfed elemental chests I wouldnā€™t even be surprised

In my opinion, every existing account should receive a gigantic offer, it is not fair that they received the selected and the SG closed the case. I am not a rich player but I am buying sensible offers and would really feel exceptionally if I received a unique offer which would certainly encourage the game and further purchases.

Please. Pretty please. Donā€™t start again that thread. Please.
It was a mistake. Ok. But now is dead for so long.

We already has the ascension items to complaining to, no need to put other woods on the flames.

5 Likes

Wow, itā€™s amazing how many hurt feelings this still brings out, even with new folksā€¦I didnā€™t get the offer, would have loved to, thought it was BS at the time, but SG made a dumb move, acknowledged it, stopped it, and apologized. I donā€™t know that a business needs to make it up to EVERYONE who didnā€™t get it, then or now.

2 Likes

Look, everyone go Frostmarch. no hurt feeling.:grin:

1 Like

Already thereā€¦I need that Telescope!! :wink:

1 Like

I needed 3 trap tools to fully ascend Sartana. I really didnā€™t care about the shields or gems. I usually use gems to speed things up now after horrible draws for heroes, and I guess the shields will help if I end up with a green 5 star.