January 2023 TENTATIVE Calendar (Trials, Rare Quests, Mirages Of Omega, Gargoyles, W3K, Covenant, Underwild, Atlantis, Ninja Tower, Valhalla, Dynasty Of Dunes, Lunar New Year, M. Titan, Contest Of Elements, Tavern Of Legends, and Ch. Festival 1)

There are more Musketeer heroes unreleased in Beta. The ones released so far are mostly the protagonists of the story. The main antagonists of the story, Cardinal Richelieu and Milady de Winter have not been released.

1 Like

Hmm not funny. Why was my February predictions post flagged by the community? :cold_face:

5 Likes

Coming after our oracle is punishable by death! Torches and pitchforks at the ready! Who dares perpetrate this atrocity?

9 Likes

Rare quest for guaranteed ascension item this week (predicted by rotation to be Farholme I, Tome of Tactics) did not materialize / pushed back because… what? ToL? A challenge event not even at the same time of the week? Because keeping the regular schedule of actually-accessible ascension items is actually popular with the playerbase? :confused:

4 Likes

Seriously? Wow why would anyone have a problem with that :frowning:

4 Likes

Heretics must be punished

5 Likes

Then an inquisition it shall be! :fire:

5 Likes

Rare quest were always coming back at a random interval between 5 to 9 days. Nothing regular on that.
It was Wednesday last week so still totally normal we did not receive it yet.
However, the rule that they are postponed when they were supposed to appear during a challenge event is rather outdated and up for debate.

9 Likes

I would like to ask the devs respectfully to make the rare quest a permanent Monday quest. It’s a six week rotation and it takes forever to accumulate enough mats. Yes we get them in other ways, but no one gets them evenly. It can take 8 months to get enough for a particular element. Losing a week is so lame and we’ve been waiting for it and expecting it. Thank you for listening to it TED talk.

10 Likes

Well, 5- to 9-day random interval averages out to 7 days, so once a week. What they need to change is to get rid of the no-rare-quest-during-a-challenge-event rule!

11 Likes

I found it was averaging 7.25 days so every time the challenge resets it to Monday they usually slowly move later in the day then next day until they show up on Wednesday and then next challenge moves them back to Monday.

In 20 minutes we‘ll see. After Recruits is the last chance…

1 Like

Crafting Materials II. What a bad joke… I don‘t get it… Really annoying.

2 Likes

Gosh, almost as if it were intentional that the Rare quest just “happens” to drift later and later in the week so “not at the same time as the challenge event” can be invoked to take an ascension item out of the rotation.

I mean, the Challenge Festival starts THURSDAY — is that really going to serve as an excuse?

(Or are we baldly heading into “the Rare quests are supposed to be ‘rare’ so we aren’t going to guarantee or even continue weekly, because those are items that we’d rather just increasingly paywall” territory?)

/disgruntled/

I mean, it’s not that hard to keep one big ascension item a week steadily in rotation. Letting it slip either out of carelessness — or deliberately — feels… petty.

5 Likes

its was voting for this to be presented to staff and most of players agree with that idea, dont know if staff see it and if is needed to pay attention to staff @PlayForFun did you ever told a staff players wish about this?
Thanks

1 Like

So I actually asked support about what’s going on with the Rare quest, why it hasn’t appeared.

The reply: boilerplate suggesting that I visit the E&P forums! And maybe Peer Support!

Er…

I’m not asking other players for help. I’m asking SG why they made a decision about their quest.

1 Like

It was actually player request in the early days of the game to not have rare quests overlap challenge events :no_mouth:

7 Likes

Yes, well, maybe fair enough except OH WAIT the challenge event starts Thursday so it’s not like there wasn’t plenty of time to have a Rare quest that finished beforehand.

And honestly, we can have a zillion other things overlap, but NOT Challenge/Rare? Seems… weak to me.

7 Likes

Whatever was requested for in earlier days of this game is no longer relevant to the current game environment.

The monthly game schedule is packed to the rafters with quests, offers and more.

Having rare quest fixed to Mondays allows players to plan their WE utilisation. This QoL convenience is not a big thing to ask for. It’s not difficult to code this.

I can’t see any reason why Zynga cannot accede to this QoL request, beyond their predilection to inject as much RNG as possible into this game to maximise their revenue generation.

The players, who will buy 4AM, will continue to buy 4AM. Those who won’t buy, will continue not to buy.

7 Likes

I am definitely going no spend because of the pulling of the rare quests

2 Likes