January 2021 Balance Update - Discussion

The Frigg & Odin flank duo is still OP and I still have a super hard time raiding against them (esp with a Bera tank) and that’s the way it should be. It’s now a little less of a soul killer to go against them because you have a shot with a good board unlike before when you could see your team of 5* fully emblemed heroes go down after Frigg/Odin go off once. And now I don’t have to reroll 500 times to avoid them in Diamond.

Like… the game is supposed to be hard or else we’d all be bored. Little nerfs here and there say they care about balance, but making it hard to be the best is why we’re all into it.

1 Like

Nerfs are reasonable here and I am glad they don’t go to a monthly adjustment that would have us chasing a new meta every month or two. The ninjas are still OP and need a rebalance. I’d also like to see some buffs to older heros like they did for Season 3 heroes a little while back. I would love to see Marjana, for example, as a viable alternative to Gefjon. Unfortunately, S1 and S2 heroes are by and large inferior to newer heroes and from what I hear the heroes currently knocking around in Beta are only going to make it worse.

1 Like

I used to be a fairly big spender. It’s this bait and switch mentality, the game has adopted, that has caused me to go free to play. I no longer spend any money in this game. When they refuse to listen to their beta testers, release the heroes, and then nerf them after the fact, they are making money on us purchasing a hero that looks good, only to nerf it later because they didn’t do appropriate testing beforehand. This is bad business practice, and is ruining the game. I no longer spend money in this game for this reason.

6 Likes

As an owner of a Frigg, I can confirm that she is incredibly powerful at fast. My green raid squad of Evelyn Frigg Lianna Caedmon/Hansel Heimdall is amazing now.

I cannot argue that Frigg is anything but OP. Not convinced that Odin is that powerful but still fast AOE’s shouldn’t have that amount of damage potential

However I am not arguing that there should be no nerf

My issue is really with the developers, I feel after the several times they went through this process with Velluria they shouldn’t have issued these heroes the way they are.

But they learned something from that time: they learned how much money you can make if you cynically issue clearly OP heroes, sell lots of them, then once they affect balance, nerf them. Good job

12 Likes

I think they do know those OP heroes will affect game balance, otherwise Telly and Vela nerfing issue is not happen. They seems trying to repeat OP hero stragery to boost income, then “balancing” again once get enough player’s complaints IMHO.

2 Likes

example: i buy a car 300hp automatic … i pay 100.000 euro to buy this car … when you give me the key you say: “so sorry! this car is very good … we made it 200hp and manual … but the money is the same” … nonsense !! why your beta test I suffer for your mistakes?? and ninjas are too normal … aren’t they too strong? why don’t they have nerfs for them … or if nerf comes to them, will you pay back the ninja masters? nobody will be able to safely look at the heroes they have … because it can be nerf at any moment… I think it’s unfair

6 Likes

No, not saying that you should spend a lot at all, but at the same time the biggest spenders will have better teams that will be very hard to beat for non spenders. (You are paying for advantageous heroes, so you should get exactly that) Continuing the bait and switch through nerfing is unfair to those spending and i think the issue shuold be adressed through letting old heroes have a slight powerincrease through i.e. easier acces to costumes or old hotm to let people have tools to counter the new abilities through fast dispells etc. The basic tc20 heroes are outdated(the good abilities are either to slow or to few pr card) and Zynga/SG refuse take action to maintain the tactical aspects for all players.

1 Like

Is there anyway we could get said hero improvements via costumes without having to look at the costumes? Some heros are cool looking with their original look. A chef? A jester? If we could just apply the new attributes that would be cool. Plus, during battle for example you wouldn’t know melandor was healing per turn instead of once.

Firs silver the old problems and then do the upgarade.
. for example, training camp level 12 only rare heroes and level 14 still up to 20 sets us back with lower rarity ??? why remote purchase of heroes with gems despair lives about 1.5% for epic or legendary heroes pointless should increase the amount of gems and buy what you need epic or legendary or fire or ice and so on the conclusion of the players should be as simple as possible but should bring imagination you don’t have
I greet Dejan

In this instance it was pointed out in beta that frigg was pretty OP and that in combination with odin it would be a bit over the top. The beta seems to be a debugging program for SG more than an actual interface towards the community, which a lot of players, both spenders and nonspenders, are feeling now. Happy gaming :wink:

1 Like

Could they at least let us reset heros and get our mats back?I have a few 5s heros I have not used in months I would rather use the mats on a different heros I’ve obtained.

1 Like

I’m not sure where you get that I have been unhappily playing the game for 3 years. I’ve only been playing for a year, so the first “rebalance” I experienced was the baby Nerf to my Telluria months into me playing the game…a little inconvenient, but whatever. Then they nerfed her again, to the point the she’s just not a great hero…right after I maxxed her and emblemed her up to level 20. That was more irritating, but I was slow to get her maxxed and it still didn’t appear to be a pattern…so I still enjoyed the game. But lately the rebalances have been coming as fast and furious as the introduction of featured heroes that are crazy strong. So now I see the pattern and the motives behind it, and it is bumming me out. It is hard to enjoy a game when you know there’s little point in getting and leveling up great heroes, since they are destined to become “usable” because the business wants to increase profits. I’m sorry that you misinterpreted what I said and decided to make a snarky remark back with misinformation. You don’t have to agree with my position, but maybe offering a different perspective on the issue would be more helpful than living up to the name “Pompitus” by throwing shade at me.

3 Likes

@Deerest1 It wasn’t a slight to you. Nerfs and balance updates have been going on a long time. 3 years…ish

But otherwise.
Yeah. I agree with you.
I did choose my name well :yum:
And yeah… nerfs suck. But without balance…your entire roster will deteriorate (nerf) just the same.

And absolutely yeah… it is sad

1 Like

UN-NERF Vela !!!

Ppl complain about 1 % nerf. My only 5* at that time Vela and Tell was destroyed to level maybe useful in defence but total garbge in offense.
Whatever done is done … I’m just not chaseing any hero any more because of the bad exprince .
It just a game at the end.
Have fun everyone.

3 Likes

Speaking of nerfing, I just lost some green tank and I was not able to take out 2 teams in war today. Can’t remember who, but they had a rainbow team. Lost a raid today too. The tank was red. Can we just nerf everyone? If I can’t win, they need to nerf, if they don’t I’m just going to keep complaining about everything and it’s unacceptable for me to ever lose a raid. SG needs to turn into oprah. You get a nerf, you get a nerf, everyone gets a nerf!oprah-2__01

So true!!! Besides… why not nerf all the ninja heroes… they’re a real pain… to go against ?! Why haven’t you or hasn’t anyone asked to nerf them?!

1 Like

I have a suggestion.

If nerf calls are all about getting into diamond arena and staying there, why not everyone just leaves their watchtowers defended by nothing but 1-star heroes - that way no one will complain about unbeatable tanks, also climbing up will be real fast and everyone will have perfect raid attack score. And no one will try to chase some broken heroes to turn into unbeatable defense team. Just my 2 cents :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d like to take this opportunity to thank @petri and everyone else on the forum for letting me know about the Frigg and Odin nerf. I deleted this game immediately bc I had both (and Telly, and Vela). I’m now realizing how much money I was giving them. So glad it’s over. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR RUINING THIS GAME.

4 Likes

Come on, Frigg and Odin was not nerfed yet, Telluria and Vela received a nerf, this 1% doesn’t change anything in the current meta.

1 Like

I think they will not nerfs ninja heroes within short time period, because there should be many players were spent lot of money to pull ninja hero, and they want to keep that strategy for more income.