šŸ”µ [Jan 5, 2020] Trials of Fortitude Teams ā€“ Share Yours & Discuss!

Continuing the discussion from :large_blue_circle: [Jan 5, 2020] Trials of Fortitude Teams ā€“ Share Yours & Discuss!:

Thank you for your congratulations and your advice. I have Caedmon in my roster but, honestly, never thought about himā€¦:see_no_evil: till I read a post from @IvyTheTerrible. Sorry, I do not know how to insert a link. Itā€˜s about his retirement and how good and valuable Caedmon is. And now you told me and remind me at him(post&Caedmon). Itā€˜s a shame not thinking about something nearby. Stand in the forest but do not see the treesā€¦:see_no_evil: What would you do? Stop leveling Kadilen? Or is it the best way to create a ā€žownā€œ topic with all, a lot, my questions?(Never done it and, sorry, do not want to disturb anybodyā€¦)
I really do not knowā€¦

Do not want to repeat myself but: Thank you, Jaws.
And sorry for this:

4 Likes

Same team as last time, with more emblems on Ma North.

• On the bench: Ariel, Viv, Rigs, Gad, Mel, Gafar, Caed, Boril, Hansel, Agwe, 3.70 Elk, 3.70 Alb, 3.70 Grazul (plz send tonics and rings)
  • Up and coming: Sonya 2 4.14 (I never thought I would level a second one)

Showed up for the fight with everyone ready except Ma North, and a pair of diamonds. I then proceeded to slowly grind it out. Horghall died in a huge cascade of mostly blue tiles, that in turn killed Lepus and Viking Sonya. I then ended up in an annoying holding pattern of heroes with low health unable to fire because of the counter-attack, and then they would get sniped anyway by regular attacks. Ma North basically turned it into a game of whack-a-mole. After several more turns of grinding, I finally dropped Boril. By the end, Ma had everyone back up.

The only ones who didnā€™t die were Ma North and Zimkitha. Next time I will bring Ariel instead of Viking Sonya. I didnā€™t use any items, though I am sure it would have been faster had I used some.

Trainer toā€¦ Shrubbear (donā€™t judge). Emblems to Ma North and the pile of Druid emblems in case I pull Vela.

8 Likes

Nearly same team as last time, swapped out Boril for Grazul, seemed to make things easier.

With dispel, cleanse and Grazulā€™s protection, things were much more manageable.

Trainer goes to Kingston, emblems being saved for now.

5 Likes

My team this time:

• Rigard +20
  • Melendor +20
  • Boril +13
  • Caedmon 4^70
  • Caedmon 4^70

Same crew as last time, only Boril is up five talents.

No trouble with mob waves, and made it to the boss wave with all specials but Boril charged. Opened with a dragon and bomb so they could have maximum effect before Vivicaā€™s cleanse. Thought Iā€™d get Boril charged before Horghall fired, but I didnā€™t so that wasā€¦ not ideal. Had Horghall and Boril both on the ropes when Vivica went off, so that didnā€™t go well either. Eventually, Horghall killed himself, and I was able to take down Boss Boril soon after, but I wasnā€™t able to do enough damage to keep up with Vivicaā€™s healing, so I finally just unloaded another dragon, bomb, and a few axes to do her in.

Cleric emblems take Boril to +14; druid emblems take my second Melendor to +7. Trainer hero goes to my late Christmas present, Buddy.

5 Likes

My team this time. Took three gem purchases to complete.

3 Likes

Hi Mate,

Just a small piece of personal advice. It probably isnā€™t worth doing more than 1 gem-continue (at absolute the most)ā€¦

Reason being is that emblems pop up in the shop for a cost of 175 gems for 5 emblems in 2 classes (10 emblems total). This is roughly equivalent cost to doing 2 gem continues.

Just my $0.02

Congrats on finishing tho!!

7 Likes

Well did this trial across all three profiles. Just did the first two on both main and first alt. 2nd alt is confined to stage 1 because of level wall.

Here is who I took on my main:

When I get Caedmon up he will be replacing Mnesseus in this trial. Same with Mel replacing Belith once maxed. Anyways, this was a breeze because had two dispellers which came in handy on the first stage due to Borilā€™s riposte. Having 3 greens made mob waves real easy, and having Meliaā€™s increased crit chance helped everywhere. Cleric emblems are being saved for Hawkmoon (just two more nodes then I am done), druid emblems are going to Belith until she is +15.

Here is who I took on my first alt:

Agweā€™s nature protection came in handy against Horghall. That combined with an axe attack and his special just tickles. I wish I had Belith maxed out for this trial on this profile. Anyway, emblems are being saved for Hawkmoon and Caedmon.

And here is who I took on my 2nd alt:

Yeah, I know less than optimal team but at least I can do the first stage at least. Had to be careful of Borilā€™s riposte as I had no passive debuffer. Emblems are being stored for now.

4 Likes

How on earth can you play 3 accounts? My only one already sucks more time than I ever wanted to spend on playing.

3 Likes

@Olmor I have no earthly idea how I am doing it but I am. Also I think my main is at a point where all the buildings require like half a week for building. So trying to pass the time waiting for thise to get done. I am trying to get my iron storages to 20 then my food storages. I got 5 out of 6 farms at 20 still upgrading the last one.

2 Likes

You and me and probably 1000ā€™s of others @DoctorStrange!! :joy:. And itā€™s not like I donā€™t try!!

4 Likes

Rigard, Gade, Boril, Caed, Grazul.

Went pretty well, I was in the middle of a pretty intense AW so I had to get it done fast. Luckily the board played nice again!!
Grazul and Boril were the standouts here.
Buddy ate the trainer but is not wearing his hood for some reason. Ehhh, he can do what he wants as long as he keeps delivering those presents

No Reset

4 Likes

Changed my team a little bit, thus making the trial a bit easier. No items were needed. Trainer hero and emblems hoarded. :slight_smile:

Got through first two stages, but didnā€™t get to play third stage due to getting distracted by life, and not having it on a to-do list.

Here it is. When you post, just click the two links of chain; that allows you to put in whatever link you want (and the text that will display in your post).

Iā€™m glad you got something out of it! A heavily emblemed Caedmon is a viable Diamond Arena raider - no small feat for a four star hero. Heā€™s still a staple for me in every war and whatever raid tournaments he qualifies for. And heā€™s invaluable in The Trial of Fortitude, as it is almost comedically low on heroes that actually do damage with their special skill. My most recent teams for the trial actually have TWO Caedmon (one deeply embelemed, one maxed). I cannot recommend him highly enough.

1 Like

Hereā€™s the thread you were looking for: Caedmon Retires :wink: Kadilen also got a shoutout recently as well: Newfound respect for Kadilen Both are worth working on and can come in handy for this Trial (among other aspects of the game). You can see from the teams posted here that Caed still gets a lot of play time. If youā€™re still working on roster depth and donā€™t have the tonics yet, I would say your best bet might be to max Caed first and then go back to work on Kadilen since youā€™re not too far into her yet. His dispel comes in handy often and you already have a couple cleansers for Horghallā€™s debuff.

2 Likes

Incidentally, Iā€™ve also written about Kadilen. I think sheā€™s better than many people realize and itā€™s worth skimming that entire thread. Sheā€™s a particularly stout defender and dangerous on a defense that has an AoE defense down hero.

Iā€™d happily max her if I had the tonics. Even at 3.70 sheā€™s viable in wars against blue tanks. Sheā€™s a support hero (meaning high-ish defense and hit points), so sheā€™s already reasonably stout at 3.70.
Plus her fast mana means sheā€™ll often fire before dying, even at 3.70. Her effect is always welcome and a fairly powerful follow up to Evelyn.

5 Likes

Beat all stages. Team composition:
Caedmon +20
Gadeirus +1
Caedmon 4/70
Gafar 4/70
Vivica +9

3 Likes

Late to the party. I went double-Boriled and mostly coasted through - just used some mana pots here and there to keep healed up. Easiest (but slow) trial to date for me. Ironically, boss Boril was the last to go, not Vivica. She hits hard for a healer, while Borilā€™s attack stat is quite poor, so I used that against her.

Trainer to recently acquired Buddy, emblems stockpiled for now.

3 Likes

@IvyTheTerrible & @JAWS_3D

I only can say thank you for your help from the bottom of my heart!
Never expected such a fantastic advices and help. Sorry, do not want start blowing smoke in your place where the sun did not shine into it. :speak_no_evil::zipper_mouth_face:

Just want to say: Thanksā€¦

By the way: Starting today to level up Caedmon. :slightly_smiling_face:

How to include a link that is an other thing. I know how to open the ā€žwindowā€œ but I did not know how to search into the topics. Tried it yesterday for about twenty times. Just grmpf.

2 Likes

Always enjoy your data-driven insights. As you can see above, Iā€™m also rocking two Caedmons for this trial, and I do find him valuable. The question for me is emblems. Iā€™ve already taken one Melendor to +20 and have been embleming a second Melendor for war depth, but Iā€™ve recently started wondering if I should reset him for Caedmon. Iā€™m seeing more blue tanks in raiding these days, and green is my weakest color, by far. After drawing Buddy at Christmas, I thought he might change that - especially with the pile of ranger emblems Iā€™ve been sitting on since finishing Tiburtus - but given how much I use Sonya (all the time), it makes sense that I should also give Caedmon a look. What emblem path did you take? Sonya is clearly built for def/HP, but Caedmon is more balanced, and thus harder for me to figure out.