🍻 [Jan 21, 2021] Tavern of Legends Event – FAQ & Team Discussion

Is there any info who will be featured in March?

Not sure whether I should try pulling for Frida or vela or save coins, maybe next all featured would be awesome …

Last Time Team

Team Used

This Time Team

2021-01-22_02-25-38
2021-01-22_02-26-01

Battle

Everything is under plan, except stage 4, because of Game Crash before fighting, and of course the team is marked as used (duh!) :man_shrugging:
So, team stage 4 attempt 2:

No use items (almost), at stage 6 or 7 use some of heal pots and antidots.

Summon

2x pull: Prisca and Oberon :muscle:

*) Tavern Plan Team using HeroPlan.io by @GDIBass

5 Likes

This is the first time I’ve done a Legends Coin summons and actually got something worthwhile!

10 Likes

For the first time I completed all stages of ToL quest. I used rare and epic heroes only and one legendary at 3/70. I used a few mana potions, bomb attacks and dragon attack. I’m saving coins for ToL with featured Athena. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

No Skilz for the win.

No repeats, no items. Couple heroes died along the way but eh.

Teams used (1->10 in order)

7 Likes

Wow, you have so many legendary heroes maxed?! Impressive! I can only see 4 epic heroes in those teams. After one year of playing I have enough ascension materials to ascend 5 5* heroes, one of each colour. Just wow :smiley:

2 Likes

Final stage. No mats. I burned through the mats carpet bombing the last three stages last time.

Unfortunately, I drank too much and brought home Valen and Balthazar. Costume party?

Amazing rooster. :star_struck::star_struck:
I have to be careful in the first four stages so as not to use my best heroes.

1 Like

Completed everything within the first 24 hours. In the past I’ve tried to only use 3 stars or unleveled 5 stars through the first 5 stages, but decided to use my bench.

When building teams I normally start with level 10 and work back to level 8 using some of my best teams. I always leave 2 of my top teams on the bench just in case and because they don’t have great elemental match up (such as not using Dark this time around on the last levels). Then I go to the early levels and build out from 1 to 7. I often have to shift around where the healers go. That’s where I had the biggest struggle. This is mostly a problem because I still try to go strong tile matches, but maybe I should use more of my 4/70 healers.

5 Likes

It worked nicely for me. Stage 7 was the hardest (Sabrina and Scarlett are sill fragile even at +20 and def path) the other ones, a breeze.

Pulled twice with the coins, got an Ulmer and a Brienne as wonderful rewards for my effort.

2 Likes

For the first two stages I used my low level 3 stars.
Failed the 3th so for the second attempt I used my maxed 3 stars.

On the 4th and 5th level I fielded my out-of-mono 4 stars and 3/70 five star heroes.

For stage 6-10 I went all-in and used the regular war attack mono. Going strong against the middle boss.

I am glad I took some stronger battle items! :slight_smile:

On the last stage they basically one-shotted Boldtusk!

Revive scroll for the win! LOL

To be honest I like this event!

The reward is crap and does not worth the effort at all ( I mean AT ALL!) but apart of the War and the Ninja tower this is the only place where I feel the weight of my decisions… Challenging but not frustrating…

Well balanced! But those summoning chances… Eh…

Only if there was like 5% chance to get the past HotM I would open my bank card :rofl:

But as it is now: big no!

2 Likes

Did what I always do for team set up on this. Sort by power and scroll to the bottom then create teams starting with the weakest unlevelled 3’s and working way up. No fails, no 75gem returns, highest item used was 1 revive scroll on an unlevelled viv.

Didn’t screen shot the teams but will next time.

Will buy the deal tomorrow for the 30 pull worth of tokens and w.e flasks. It is basically the only spend I do for a 2 month period. There are lots of old HOTM/ S1 I dont have so any will be welcome, otherwise it’s good quality food. Value wise I think it is still the cheapest 30 pull? Plus will top up my flasks for the coming AR

1 Like

Completed without much hassle, used items in last stages with mostly 4* teams, some good heroes remained without using them

Pulls got me regular feeders, waiting for the special offer to do more

1 Like

I tend to use ToL as an excuse to mess around with 3* and 4* heroes I don’t use often. A few highlights:

Danzaburo crushed it on his stage. All bottles and swords until there was one boss standing and was almost dead so it didn’t matter. Those 2 beneficial specials make him a real stud. :+1:

Ameonna got to come out and play. I used to have her +18, but now she is unemblemed. It was purple tile galore so I could time her special and then blow a diamond. It happened once on a mob and twice during a boss stage. When you get the tiles, admittedly not often :laughing:, she can be a bomb going off!

I used my 3:70 Glenda (mat stuck) in between a Fura +20 and c-Skittleskull and her damage increase was noticeable. 1 more scope and I can max her, she seems worth it for sure with my roster.

So this messing around usually means I have some of my “big dogs” that never see the board :laughing:. As long as I win, who cares.

Team for the last stage (no particular reason other than Gretel to shut down mana):

Wasn’t the best team, but it won. Gretel shut them down with mana pots. I let her die near the end as the bosses seemingly only wanted to hit her. Some heroes who sat out:

c-Little John +11
Guardian Jackal +18
Grimm +18
Kelile +18
Scarlett +18
Joon +17
Leonidas
Richard +18
Magni +13
Wu Kong +20
Quintus +12
Rigard +20
Kashhrek

I don’t keep dupes, so that means those heroes never saw any time (not leftover copies)

It was fun though, I prefer this to Ninja Tower by A LOT.

Good luck out there!

:beers:

5 Likes

Any insight to when Miki might be featured in the legends portal?

Best bet is in July I think from atlantis also with tarlak.
Save your atlantis coins for then :wink:

Would like to know aswell when he is featured in tol as could before then.

3 Likes

Thanks there Dude!
The Dude like on Big Lebowski?

1 Like

Nah I’m cooler than that knob jockey haha :sunglasses::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::beer::hotdog:

1 Like

Got Sooo Lucky this time!!!

5 Likes