šŸ» [Jan 21, 2021] Tavern of Legends Event ā€“ FAQ & Team Discussion

4 featured heroes, 3 of them I wanted. I did 34 coin pulls so far and I got Aeron, the one that I donā€™t want. And for some reason I keep getting Rigards and Hu Taos, like there arenā€™t any other 4* heroes :crazy_face:

And I know thereā€™s a lot of people that havenā€™t pulled any 5*, so I should feel lucky. But I feel like I spent my luck onā€¦well Aeron.

1 Like

Is there any info who will be featured in March?

Not sure whether I should try pulling for Frida or vela or save coins, maybe next all featured would be awesome ā€¦

Last Time Team

Team Used

This Time Team

2021-01-22_02-25-38
2021-01-22_02-26-01

Battle

Everything is under plan, except stage 4, because of Game Crash before fighting, and of course the team is marked as used (duh!) :man_shrugging:
So, team stage 4 attempt 2:

No use items (almost), at stage 6 or 7 use some of heal pots and antidots.

Summon

2x pull: Prisca and Oberon :muscle:

*) Tavern Plan Team using HeroPlan.io by @GDIBass

5 Likes

This is the first time Iā€™ve done a Legends Coin summons and actually got something worthwhile!

10 Likes

For the first time I completed all stages of ToL quest. I used rare and epic heroes only and one legendary at 3/70. I used a few mana potions, bomb attacks and dragon attack. Iā€™m saving coins for ToL with featured Athena. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

No Skilz for the win.

No repeats, no items. Couple heroes died along the way but eh.

Teams used (1->10 in order)

7 Likes

Wow, you have so many legendary heroes maxed?! Impressive! I can only see 4 epic heroes in those teams. After one year of playing I have enough ascension materials to ascend 5 5* heroes, one of each colour. Just wow :smiley:

2 Likes

Final stage. No mats. I burned through the mats carpet bombing the last three stages last time.

Unfortunately, I drank too much and brought home Valen and Balthazar. Costume party?

Amazing rooster. :star_struck::star_struck:
I have to be careful in the first four stages so as not to use my best heroes.

1 Like

Completed everything within the first 24 hours. In the past Iā€™ve tried to only use 3 stars or unleveled 5 stars through the first 5 stages, but decided to use my bench.

When building teams I normally start with level 10 and work back to level 8 using some of my best teams. I always leave 2 of my top teams on the bench just in case and because they donā€™t have great elemental match up (such as not using Dark this time around on the last levels). Then I go to the early levels and build out from 1 to 7. I often have to shift around where the healers go. Thatā€™s where I had the biggest struggle. This is mostly a problem because I still try to go strong tile matches, but maybe I should use more of my 4/70 healers.

5 Likes

It worked nicely for me. Stage 7 was the hardest (Sabrina and Scarlett are sill fragile even at +20 and def path) the other ones, a breeze.

Pulled twice with the coins, got an Ulmer and a Brienne as wonderful rewards for my effort.

2 Likes

For the first two stages I used my low level 3 stars.
Failed the 3th so for the second attempt I used my maxed 3 stars.

On the 4th and 5th level I fielded my out-of-mono 4 stars and 3/70 five star heroes.

For stage 6-10 I went all-in and used the regular war attack mono. Going strong against the middle boss.

I am glad I took some stronger battle items! :slight_smile:

On the last stage they basically one-shotted Boldtusk!

Revive scroll for the win! LOL

To be honest I like this event!

The reward is crap and does not worth the effort at all ( I mean AT ALL!) but apart of the War and the Ninja tower this is the only place where I feel the weight of my decisionsā€¦ Challenging but not frustratingā€¦

Well balanced! But those summoning chancesā€¦ Ehā€¦

Only if there was like 5% chance to get the past HotM I would open my bank card :rofl:

But as it is now: big no!

2 Likes

Did what I always do for team set up on this. Sort by power and scroll to the bottom then create teams starting with the weakest unlevelled 3ā€™s and working way up. No fails, no 75gem returns, highest item used was 1 revive scroll on an unlevelled viv.

Didnā€™t screen shot the teams but will next time.

Will buy the deal tomorrow for the 30 pull worth of tokens and w.e flasks. It is basically the only spend I do for a 2 month period. There are lots of old HOTM/ S1 I dont have so any will be welcome, otherwise itā€™s good quality food. Value wise I think it is still the cheapest 30 pull? Plus will top up my flasks for the coming AR

1 Like

Completed without much hassle, used items in last stages with mostly 4* teams, some good heroes remained without using them

Pulls got me regular feeders, waiting for the special offer to do more

1 Like

I tend to use ToL as an excuse to mess around with 3* and 4* heroes I donā€™t use often. A few highlights:

Danzaburo crushed it on his stage. All bottles and swords until there was one boss standing and was almost dead so it didnā€™t matter. Those 2 beneficial specials make him a real stud. :+1:

Ameonna got to come out and play. I used to have her +18, but now she is unemblemed. It was purple tile galore so I could time her special and then blow a diamond. It happened once on a mob and twice during a boss stage. When you get the tiles, admittedly not often :laughing:, she can be a bomb going off!

I used my 3:70 Glenda (mat stuck) in between a Fura +20 and c-Skittleskull and her damage increase was noticeable. 1 more scope and I can max her, she seems worth it for sure with my roster.

So this messing around usually means I have some of my ā€œbig dogsā€ that never see the board :laughing:. As long as I win, who cares.

Team for the last stage (no particular reason other than Gretel to shut down mana):

Wasnā€™t the best team, but it won. Gretel shut them down with mana pots. I let her die near the end as the bosses seemingly only wanted to hit her. Some heroes who sat out:

c-Little John +11
Guardian Jackal +18
Grimm +18
Kelile +18
Scarlett +18
Joon +17
Leonidas
Richard +18
Magni +13
Wu Kong +20
Quintus +12
Rigard +20
Kashhrek

I donā€™t keep dupes, so that means those heroes never saw any time (not leftover copies)

It was fun though, I prefer this to Ninja Tower by A LOT.

Good luck out there!

:beers:

5 Likes

Any insight to when Miki might be featured in the legends portal?

Best bet is in July I think from atlantis also with tarlak.
Save your atlantis coins for then :wink:

Would like to know aswell when he is featured in tol as could before then.

3 Likes

Thanks there Dude!
The Dude like on Big Lebowski?

1 Like

Nah Iā€™m cooler than that knob jockey haha :sunglasses::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::beer::hotdog:

1 Like

Got Sooo Lucky this time!!!

5 Likes