šŸ… [Jan 19, 2020] 40th Raid Tournament! ā€” 4* Bloody Battle, All Elements

5-0 on attacks. Used 3-1-1 once and mono 4 times, 4* battles with no rush give you plenty time to recover from a bad board and my 5 blue snipers enjoyed their moment in the sun (2Grimm, 2Triton, Sonya).
Only 16 points behind the leader and rank 1200, lol.
Defense is 3-2 so far, I have faith in them.

4 Likes

LoL tourney so far.
Def A, already 2 losses on att.

My healer heavy roster hates the bloodbath as much as I do. :rofl:

5 Likes

I change my defense with thisā€¦

Defense

Scarlett+7 - Proteus+14 - Li Xiu+1 - Hansel+14 - Jackal+19

Day 1

defense : 1 - 0 (Grade A)
offense : 5 - 0

Nice 1st day now for meā€¦ just great :+1:
Next day should be 5-0 again, goodluck everyone :+1:

6 Likes

First day is over yet and I am angry.
Attack: 4-1
Four straight wins in a row. No problems. And thenā€¦so stupid and idiotic and blindā€¦did not change the team and attacked with completely wrong coloursā€¦so unnecessaryā€¦:roll_eyes:

Defence: 1-2
Top 10%

Wish everybody a successful second day.

6 Likes

Day 1

Offense

I won all 5 attacks.

I saw some healers on Defense teams, which seems to be the norm on Day 1 of Bloody Battle matchups.

I expect to see much tougher teams in the coming days.

Defense

Apparently my experiment is paying off decently (see post Iā€™m replying to).

Thatā€™s this team, as a reminder:

Iā€™m at 12-4 so far, for a 75% win rate, and an A Defense Grade.

That seems fairly likely to hold for today, but I suspect Iā€™ll get hammered down tomorrow. Iā€™m clearly being attacked a ton, because my log is showing an attack every hour now ā€” so Iā€™m sure Iā€™m being attacked far more, and those are just the ones that are showing in my Log.

Usually when that happens my Defense Grade drops, and then later rises again.

Iā€™m sort of already experiencing that ā€” I went 9-1 in my first 10 matchups, so the trend is skewing downward now.

Ranking

Iā€™m currently in the Top 1%, and had briefly won at life, the universe, and everything:

Unfortunately, Iā€™ve since dropped to 43rd, so now itā€™s just kinda :man_shrugging:

12 Likes

Day 1 Update

Score = 3981, Rank = 12068, Top 1%
NB - Score is defence score adjusted.

Offence
Won all 5 attacks :slight_smile: Went a ā€œDouble Jackal across the skyā€ for one match (even tho he isnā€™t fully done yet)

Edit: video of double jackal

Defence
Buddy is haning in there doing his thangā€¦ The speed of the other heroes makes up for Buddy & Li I thinksā€¦
Anyways, seems to be working and the teams whoā€™ve lost have set some pretty strong defencesā€¦ One with 3x +20 & 1x +19 hero, other with 2x +20 heroesā€¦

Other Updates

8 Likes

Day 1

Never Underestimate Wilbur

Got four wins so Iā€™ll take it. Lost to the following team. I went 3-2 strong green to focus on the flank. That was a mistake. Wilber went off twice and I was done. Killed Wilbur - thatā€™s all though.

Defense was 2-1 last I looked so I should get an A. On to Day 2! Note thatā€™s an older picture - was top 25% last I looked.

Totals below with score unadjusted for defense total.

Day Win Loss Def Points
1 4 1 2-1 A 2,576
6 Likes

What are the possible reasons my Defense team is so rarely attacked in rt? So far 0 times in the first 20 hours of this one. Iā€™d say Iā€™m usually about 10-20% times of the numbers some in my alliance get.

UGHHā€¦!!! I am so disappointed. I had high hopes for this tournament as itā€™s probably the best one for my heroes. But two bad boards, and already 2 losses on the first dayā€¦

And seriously, one of the opponents, I threw in like 30 tiles at their sonya tank and still didnā€™t kill her. What? And I had a 2-stack of greenā€¦

9-1 (sorry @gregschen :grin:), 3-0 defense :slightly_smiling_face: Agwe rocks!

4 Likes

Okay, day 1ā€¦
Had a good start, but one really really bad board, even not good for 3-2, so I lost one. I was only attacked once :frowning: which makes a solid and stable E defense :stuck_out_tongue:

My def team (forgot to switch Caed & Proteus):

Grimm +10, Scarlett +10, Li Xiu +7, Caed +4, Proteus +12

Day Win Loss Def Points
1 4 1 0-1 E 2766
5 Likes

So far so good :

5-0 on offense.
5-2 on defence

5 Likes

So I decided to switch G.Jackal for Li (she went from +6 to +9) in my defense team (see the post I replied to) and it seems to be a good change:

Day 1

• Offense: 5-0
  • Defense: 6-4 (A)

A lot of healers, so it was fairly easy so far. We will see how it will be in next days :thinking:

3 Likes

Day 2.

4x bloodbath due to bad starting boards, but managed to win all 5.

Last one was very curious:
4 healers and Wu - scary :rofl:

Iā€™m up from top 50% to 5%.
A fun tourney like all of them.

4 Likes

My defense bloody (see what I did there?) sucksā€”I mean really sucks. That is all.

E defense. 1 loss on offense so far.

Day 1 - Of 5-0 def 1-1
Day 2 - Of 4-1 def to be determined

The one lost was due to d/c. Hope it doesnt cost me the tournament. There should be some kind of time bank were you can return to battle if d/c. Good luck everyone!

1 Like

Offence won 4 lost 1 so 9-1
Defence is 1-1

Iā€™m now at 4-1 in offense with 5 flags unused. oddly not a single attack to my defenseā€¦ C, that sucks

And it happenedā€¦I am out on day number twoā€¦twoā€¦fffffffā€¦&ā‚¬@$%#Š½Ń…
:volcano::volcano::volcano::volcano::volcano:
Too :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth: to analyze any mistakes.
What really calms me down, like gasoline the fire, my defense is E with two wins and five nice lossesā€¦

It is forbidden to swearā€¦I knowā€¦sigh and grmpfā€¦
:point_down:

3 Likes

Defense

Scarlett+7 - Proteus+14 - Li Xiu+1 - Hansel+14 - Jackal+19

Day 1

defense : 1 - 0 (Grade A)
offense : 5 - 0

Day 2

defense : 4 - 1 (Grade A)
offense : 7 - 3

Well, bad board and face scarry opponentā€¦ so day 2, I lost 3xā€¦ next day should be 5-0.
Goodluck everyone :+1:

3 Likes