šŸ… [Jan 19, 2020] 40th Raid Tournament! ā€” 4* Bloody Battle, All Elements

All Elementsā€¦ sigh.

So boring. I really donā€™t see the point of all element tournaments unless they have the courage to restart the 2* ones.

For what itā€™s worth, Iā€™m going with Proteus - Jackal - Boril - Gormek - Caedmon

2 Likes

Im glad Iā€™m not the only one who kinda goes oh well, when itā€™s an all element Tournament. In fact I want to see more variety like unable to use 2 elements, no dispells, must run specific colors left to right like must be red green blue yellow purple. Can only use vanilla heroes, etc etc etc - regardless , I still love the whole concept of the raid tournament

1 Like

I got slaughtered the last tournament for my defense, at 8/8 losses lol.
Wondering what everyone thinks of this defense?

Hansel (+5) / Colen (+11) / Boril (+6) / Scarlett (+6) / Peters (+4)
Green + Red + Blue + Red + Green

I just wanted to try something different to what I usually would. You think this could be ok or definite no?

wouldnā€™t taking 2 o3 blues be strong on ur middle and one flank and take out both wilber and C-Sonya

Does Sonya costume still debuff? I had a great war battle with someone who used Wilbur on the left wing then Caedmon on the right Wingā€¦ WIlbur activated on my heroes bring my defense down but then their own Caedmon used his special and cleansed my herooesā€¦ it was great. I won that battle quite easy lol.

Her Costume clears status ailments on all allies.

2 Likes

@Scarecrow is usually over this thread. I need to know your team so I can just copy. Imitation is the greatest compliment :wink:.

6 Likes

Ok, really :joy: but nice opponent, must be joking!?

Hope my d makes more sense, although everyone hates Agwe :smile:

2 Likes

Autodef? Had a Kashh in the left corner today and Sabina, tooā€¦ (as opponent on my alt)

3 Likes

True, had some too. And 2 rigard, which is only half bad, but still a bit optimistic :grin:

2 Likes

I love those defs, although they are annoying. Kashh in the corner, riposte (Boril/Cyp) in the cornerā€¦makes an easy win most of the time, but is a bit :sleeping:

2 Likes

Iā€™ll take it, nice easy wins. And after last one with facing all those overpowered Azlar-ursena-lotl etc horror i welcome a chilled one :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Day 1:

Wow the RNG gods are not with me today.

Offense: 4-1. You know you got a bad board when a Hu Tao +3 fires three times, and when I finally got a purple match, every. Single. One. Missed. I only kept my honor by killing two, but that was sad. Just sad.

Defense: not sure where I am on the ā€œattacked a tonā€ or ā€œattacked a littleā€ spectrum, but the day started at E. As itā€™s progressed, itā€™s risen to a C. Donā€™t have high hopes for it though, but Iā€™ll take anything over an E.

Idk. Iā€™m just not that invested in this tourney. Not sure why. I justā€¦ donā€™t care.

:man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Offence won all 5 woop! Even though I took kiril twice haha oops!
Defence lost 1 so far.

4 Likes

5-0 on attacks. Used 3-1-1 once and mono 4 times, 4* battles with no rush give you plenty time to recover from a bad board and my 5 blue snipers enjoyed their moment in the sun (2Grimm, 2Triton, Sonya).
Only 16 points behind the leader and rank 1200, lol.
Defense is 3-2 so far, I have faith in them.

4 Likes

LoL tourney so far.
Def A, already 2 losses on att.

My healer heavy roster hates the bloodbath as much as I do. :rofl:

5 Likes

I change my defense with thisā€¦

Defense

Scarlett+7 - Proteus+14 - Li Xiu+1 - Hansel+14 - Jackal+19

Day 1

defense : 1 - 0 (Grade A)
offense : 5 - 0

Nice 1st day now for meā€¦ just great :+1:
Next day should be 5-0 again, goodluck everyone :+1:

6 Likes

First day is over yet and I am angry.
Attack: 4-1
Four straight wins in a row. No problems. And thenā€¦so stupid and idiotic and blindā€¦did not change the team and attacked with completely wrong coloursā€¦so unnecessaryā€¦:roll_eyes:

Defence: 1-2
Top 10%

Wish everybody a successful second day.

6 Likes

Day 1

Offense

I won all 5 attacks.

I saw some healers on Defense teams, which seems to be the norm on Day 1 of Bloody Battle matchups.

I expect to see much tougher teams in the coming days.

Defense

Apparently my experiment is paying off decently (see post Iā€™m replying to).

Thatā€™s this team, as a reminder:

Iā€™m at 12-4 so far, for a 75% win rate, and an A Defense Grade.

That seems fairly likely to hold for today, but I suspect Iā€™ll get hammered down tomorrow. Iā€™m clearly being attacked a ton, because my log is showing an attack every hour now ā€” so Iā€™m sure Iā€™m being attacked far more, and those are just the ones that are showing in my Log.

Usually when that happens my Defense Grade drops, and then later rises again.

Iā€™m sort of already experiencing that ā€” I went 9-1 in my first 10 matchups, so the trend is skewing downward now.

Ranking

Iā€™m currently in the Top 1%, and had briefly won at life, the universe, and everything:

Unfortunately, Iā€™ve since dropped to 43rd, so now itā€™s just kinda :man_shrugging:

12 Likes

Day 1 Update

Score = 3981, Rank = 12068, Top 1%
NB - Score is defence score adjusted.

Offence
Won all 5 attacks :slight_smile: Went a ā€œDouble Jackal across the skyā€ for one match (even tho he isnā€™t fully done yet)

Edit: video of double jackal

Defence
Buddy is haning in there doing his thangā€¦ The speed of the other heroes makes up for Buddy & Li I thinksā€¦
Anyways, seems to be working and the teams whoā€™ve lost have set some pretty strong defencesā€¦ One with 3x +20 & 1x +19 hero, other with 2x +20 heroesā€¦

Other Updates

8 Likes