Jabberwocky - 600% Damage Against Titans?

13 Likes

Fun fact: In the original Dragon Ball manga Vegeta said “It’s over 8000”, but it didn’t have the same ring as 9000, so they changed it in the anime. So his scouter got a buff. :rofl:

13 Likes

Since I don’t want to do math…and you enjoy it…

Can you tell me how much damage Jabberwock will do?

Is it 2 hits of 300% or 1 hit of 600%…what’s the difference…what is the meaning of life…etc.

3 Likes

Oh the days of reading BP on Scouters (one of the coolest devices, especially the sound they made).
Vegeta when first arrived on Earth was 18000, if I remembered correctly.

3 Likes

It is difficult to answer this question without actually knowing what level of titan the OP is hitting. But I will just give an example of my own.

From my calculations, I have seen that the defense stat of an 8* titan is usually around 700. So let’s assume that for our case. Also, lets assume that we put a level 10 mana troop on Jabberwocky, so the troop attack boost is 20%.

Given this scenario and his stats, the damage caused by him on the titan will be:

100×((743×1.2×6)÷700)^1.35 = 1557

Comparing under same circumstances, Lianna will do a damage of:

100×((729×1.2×5.12)÷700)^1.35 = 1225

Hope that helps. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

This isn’t quite right, though:

So it should actually be:

2x100×((743×1.2×3)÷700)^1.35 = 1222

…which is basically the same as Lianna.

13 Likes

giphy%20(7)

11 Likes

Thanks for the clarification. From the OPs post I just assumed that he hits for double damage when only one enemy is present. I should have reviewed the hero card more before posting. I apologize for any confusion. Your calculation is absolutely correct. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:t3:

3 Likes

So slapped twice:

And not once:

8 Likes

Can somebody give cliffs notes here, is Jabba a yellow titan boss or not?

1 Like

Jabberwocky hits like Lianna against Yellow titans…in theory.

2 Likes

Better than Sartana, thanks to his higher atk as well.

But not a gamechanger like Panther.

2 Likes

Lianna plus some poison damage though? Or total special dmg is like Lianna?

1 Like

Lianna plus the poison damage, although for a titan that is negligible. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How much would the elemental defense down plus general defense down enhance the damage by? Say we are hitting 6 star titans?

Well, if we assume that a 6 star has a defense stat of 500, and you have applied a - 34% normal defense down (Tiburtus) and - 54% elemental defense down (Panther), then the theoretical damage by Jabberwocky would be:

2×100×((743×1.2×3)÷(500×(1−0.54)))^1.35 = 5490 [Only the elemental defense down stacks for the special]

But I am guessing there should be a soft cap for the maximum damage done on that titan level and hence the actual damage would be lot lesser. :slight_smile:

PS: This is only theoretical because I don’t actually know the defense stat of a 6 star titan, unless someone calculates using the formula that I shared in one of the above linked posts. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I used similar math but applied the 3 times multiplier after the exponent and got a fairly mundane 1398 pts+, which is more in accordance with what you might expect with a special that is really only 33% more than a 450% special.
Either way, you shouldn’t be wasting time on a Titan with specials unless they are attack buffers/defense debuffers.

But I’ve been wrong before, quite frequently for extended periods.

2 Likes

Usually all attack multipliers goes into the attack stat, so there should not be anything outside the exponent. :slight_smile:

This is the most important point and I think players forget this a lot. In titans it’s all about the tile damage, specials are only a drop of water in the ocean of tile damage. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Dumb question I was wondering for a while…what means the Cirkumflex ^ in this special case?

Seriously, I’m just confusing myself at the moment trying to get the math to fit ANYTHING that resembles a numerical mean in damage from specials. Once you have applied an attack down the actual real life variation can be enormous. I was just trying out specials on known Bosses and got results of 600-830 from specials and then applied a 34% defense down and got multiple results of 1110-1320. I’m starting to wish I had not started down this rabbit hole.

But as you say: don’t use most specials on a Titan unless they are an attack buff or defense down, set off Sartana, for example, and you lose more than 10 seconds of play when a strong colour can give you 200+ per tile not counting critical attacks.

1 Like

Cookie Settings