It's raining Leonidas

Quote us where we were complaining. We were never complaining, you only think this but you are wrong. We were only reporting that TC20 might have a mistake as its output does not seem random, because the chance on giving 10 times leonidas in a row is nihil.
Also people saying: “I wish I had this”, no you will not level 10 leonidas to 80 it won’t happen in a lifetime.
Just concerned that if a TC20 can only drop Leonidas that it will be impossible to get the other heroes.

It’s just a report of noticing this occurence and I don’t want any person saying “stop complaining” or “I wish I have this”. It is entirely unneccesary and misses the point.

1 Like

so are mine! i usually get them one after another, and hawkmoons, so many hawkmoons… lol

I can join your club as well
Got 2 in 6 days after a long wait and only 3 stars

So if you don’t want people to expressing their views, then it would not be necessary to post on the forum,
If this is considered to be a bug, It would have been pertinent to simply report directly to support with pictures and details.
When a thread is thrown into the forum, it will surely attract divers views.

1 Like

I just gotta say this “THIS IS SPARTA!!!”

Well having 5x Leonidas at 3/70 aint bad for AW.
Just imagine getting all 5 to max their mana together, your enemies will never launch another special for the raid. :wink:

1 Like

5??? Do they do a chorus line thing, or something? Sounds like a perfect entry for the All Grimm Death Metal Band

5 Likes

I want you to express your views, not misrepresent my post.

Nuts, I was hoping to pull Leonidas today…got Ulmer :upside_down_face:

The point everyone is trying to make is the randomness of the summons and even with TCs, all are subject to RNG and hence causes people to express their wishes towards desired result. It is still unclear how that spelt out misinterpretation of your statement.

He;s posting in Bugs to let the devs know about the potential issue, not to get our feedback.

Ok, since you called it out lets go. Show me the HARD NUMBERS. I can also tell you that while getting Leo 10x in a row while rare is not impossible. You need to provide how many leos came from each camp and how many attempts per camp. Its not crazy for different people to get the same hero. Its not impossible for the same person to get the same hero’s. Is the common trainer broken if I and my alliance all get 5 Fletchers or dawas? Is the epic broken if you get dawa, dawa, dawa? If you understood stats like I do. You would know these are unrelated, INDEPENDENT events.
Like many think stacking gives bad boards cause they stick out more than when things go your way. You notice wu misses more than hits as well. When things go right its expected, wrong, must be a bug.
Provide more than anecdotal evidence and even after you do, I and others will explain basic stats and perhaps then you will see that it’s not broken.
I don’t know why it out of everyone you replied to me when others joked with you as well. But in the math arena, I am Leonidas and THIS IS SPARTA…pun intended.
Also your comment about leveling 10 Leos, who got 10? And when if they got dupes, SG announced in their AMA that you will need able to swap them for another hero of same rarity. So you can likely trade those Leos for other 5s eventually.
But I will wait for the numbers. How many people, trainings per person, Leos per person, etc. Not just my camp got 3 people who all got Leos. I can ask most allis and get that. The Rng is random. Repeats doesn’t mean a bug. I’ve coded RNG myself for things much more complex than drawing from a list of hero’s and trust me strings of repeats happen. It doesn’t mean error anymore than doing 3 30x pulls with all 3s means error. Its the nature of statistics. Your sample is miniscule vs the large N, needed to show a bug.
The forum has a decent sample(still small but significant enough) that tc20 seems to be about 5% 5*. That’s 1 in 20. Yet it took me over 30 tries to get 1. But by 60 I was exactly at 5% with 3 5*. I might get 3 more 5s in 3 tries or 3 in 300. But as N goes large P approaches calculated value.

Deep breath… he’s not challenging you, he’s asking you not to challenge him.

I agree that I would like to know the actual numbers of draws vs. the numbers of Leo’s produced. It’s hard to quantify how unlikely things are without that data. However:

There are 20 5* S1 heroes. Let’s be generous and call TC20 a 6% chance of 5*.

6%/20=0.3% chance of any one hero.

The chances of 5 Leo’s in 5 draws, therefore, would be: 2.4x10^-13.

That’s a 1 in 4 trillion event. Certainly possible as an outcome, but surprising enough to be worth raising as a potential bug.

2 Likes

5 Leos in 5 draws from the same tc would give that. That isn’t what happened. He claims people in his alliance got a few extra Leos. Big deal. Seriously. If 4 people in my alli all got the same 5, we wouldn’t think its a bug. Odd coincidence, yes, bug no. Gravemaker coming out of tc20 is a bug. Not that is report it…LOL. There is also a large amount of anecdotal evidence. Finally, reading the thread back, I was not the first to poke fun at this “problem”. This is just basically the opposite of the “I never get…” posts. Those are so common that this seems strange. And there is a video on yt that I watched where the guy does several 30x and in 1 gets 2 5s plus frida. The next 30 he gets 3s but at the end he get not 1,2 but 3 yes 3 HotM(frida). The odds of that are small but its not a bug.
Since I don’t have the rng code I don’t know how good the initial seed is. But if this post was like the countless others saying there’s a bug Since I did so many pulls and got no 5s it would be laughed off. I just think if you are going to call a bug, post it with specifics. And if you post to a forum, like others have said, expect jokes especially when most people would like this problem. At eod, I gain nothing but a good laugh(clearly it was a joke with the this is Sparta reference) maybe when I check my tcs ill get sartana and lianna. That’s all the bug i need. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not looking for fight but itc starts as some members every few days and then goes to every day a couple(meaning 2?) roll out, then every member is getting one from every tc20 pull to an alliance mate getting 5 in 2 days. Tc20 takes 2 days to train and there a 4 of them. If they are all exact timed you can get 4, not 5. This is why I asked for numbers(as well as other mods) aside from the fact its likely confirmation bias, if there is a real bug, the devs need exact numbers, other wise its conjecture. To the OP, again, exact numbers help, this isn’t an attack but a reply to statements that don’t add up in a forum. If you have found a bug, by all means expose the rng, there’s many in the E&P community who think its broken(including me when I don’t get the hero I want, but we all feel that). If you have hard data post here and craft a support ticket in all seriousness. Its not impossible but I don’t think they mess with it. Even in updates.

5 Leos in 5 draws from any combination of training camps would give that. There is no statistical difference between flipping 5 different fair coins once and flipping one fair coin 5 times.

We really need to know the aggregate number of trials and Leos.

I’ve gotten mostly Leo’s from TC20, anecdotally.

I’m hoping to form a boy band with them. Synchronized Spartan Cleave.

5 Likes

4 x Hawkmoon from TC 13 in a row. SG is trying to reduce Math.random() from the code, making it even worse. Fix or this game makes 0 sense

This is the worst for sure, to get the absolute $^%@ rare+ hero in the game. My 2nd account got at least a dozen Dawa’s from TC13 during its entire run (currently researching TC20) and never got a single 4*. Not to mention another half dozen (at least) from summons. And the funny part was, my primary account just finally got its first Dawa.

Looks fixed to me, after a bunch of Hawkmoons, TC13 started to give me other heroes.

Think, for a moment, about how many millions of calls were made to math.random() by the E&P server between draws from your TC13. There are a few places in the game where you do get to see n sequential draws, but this isn’t one of them.

1 Like