Its BULL about the removing Tournament when people have spent resources

I get that 3* are more useful, I just don’t get why people don’t see that 1* and 2* tourneys were there for smart beginners to take full advantage of

My view is people assume beginners are dumb and will emblem 1* but I think we are under-estimating them, if you do enough reading you know to just use unlevelled feeders for a roll of the dice.

I joined 2* tourney with maxed and emblemed hero and I did say that I hoped it would never happen again. It’s my opinion.
Like a lot of players, I see no point for such tourney where actually the vents have much bigger advantage, the feeders are useless anywhere else.
I would stop here, finally they made the decision and I’m good with it. Thanks

1 Like

I emblemed my 1*, it was cheap enough - but I don’t complain, it was my own decision and with the roar that came after the announcement, it was very likely that it would be skipped. I’m not happy about the decision and how it came to that, but I can live with it and I can live with the little loss. I just move on, there’s enough to do in the game without 1*/2*-tourneys :wink:

I hope so :smiley:

1 Like

And since when did the game care if noobs were able to compete?

In the beginning the game leans on noobs to build build build

Then compete

Vice versa or simultaneous is grounds for confusion and wasted time even if 1 out of 100 don’t make the mistake, the mistake is there to be made.

You, sir, you are hilarious.
I liked you.

1 Like

But aren’t those kinds of tournaments even much more unfair for newer players and casual players?

Who has five strong heroes of the same class or same colour in a given rarity? Very advanced players and P2W. Beginners and even intermediates would be even more frustrated than in 5* mana rush tournaments (where they can at least use their best heroes even if the best are 2* and 3*)

Moreover, mono tourneys would be a complete lottery without much strategy involved. Be-colour would be a bit better. Tri-colour (only red/green/blue) would, however, be a possibility.

3* Atlantis heroes are very easy to get, even for F2P, as playing Atlantis map gives lots of free Atlantis coins. As for 3* event heroes, I have to agree, most F2P will get none or very few of them. However, while they are nice to have, they are not necessary to be competitive.

Vanilla 3* heroes like Brienne, Gunnar, Kailani are awesome for all types of 3* tournaments. For mana rush Jahangir and Ulmer are beasts. Even Oberon is said to be great. Gunnar is among the best tanks for mana rush.

There is simply no need for extra 1* content and little need for 2* content. In order to reach province 15 and unlock Atlantis map, you need 3* heroes on your team and usually also have TC 12 or 13 to get you a continuous stream of 3* heroes (and a few lucky 4* from TC 13). True, already maxed 2* are still somewhat useful at this point but 1* heroes simply get crushed in S1 P15+ and S2.

Therefore, if 1* heroes are by far to weak in map levels, why should there be Atlantis 1*? For tournaments that pop up twice a year or so? A complete waste of resources.

2* heroes might survive in the first few Atlantis stages, but the increasing difficulty level makes them obsolete relatively soon. So why bother with starting new 2* heroes when you can already train 3* heroes and even get your first few Atlantis 3* from the free Atlantis coins?
To use them in tournaments that show up once in a blue moon?

There are a lot of much more interesting things, developers now have to focus on (more costumes, S3, Hero Academy,…) than creating new heroes that would have little use in almost all aspects of our game.

2 Likes

Well, yes, if they’re only going to pop up twice a year or so most new players won’t be that new by the time a low level tournament comes around, thus missing a major part of their presumed appeal.

Valid points and war is goin on

Teammates are now askin me why I’m even wasting time discussing such a thing and I’m now wondering the same

So yup definitely time to let the topic die and move on

4 Likes

Only non F2P with large rooster space and power level capability can take FULL advantage.

If I told you that I completed rare challennge event in my first month and rare quest within first 2 months as F2P, does that mean I was a smart beginner back then?

Here is my advice for F2P beginners, forget about 1* or 2* tourneys, there are better option to use your time and resources, better focus on 3*, not only you can compete in 3* tourney faster, but you can also finish rare quest which unlike roll of the dice of tourney, have guaranteed 4☆ AM. You can also complete trials and rare challenge event faster.

You can also use unleveled feeders for a roll of the dice in 3* to 5* tourney. Don’t worry, top 25% loot only have slight difference from bottom 25%.

3 Likes

Not arguing about what is wrong or what is right here.
I mean, not yet.

Majority of poll voters had your exact thoughts (or at least similar), so even if we have really small numbers (like deciding something world related letting vote only Liechtenstein people. No hard feeling on Liechtestein btw) i respect that.

I would say at least half of the people not voting would hate right now this tourneys, which is still a great number.

But it’s too early to just cut if off without even trying, that’s what i don’t like.

If we had decided that from the start… ok. It is what it is.

But now?

Like playing a game with your friends.
And suddenly you change the rules.

4 of 6 agree to that.
The other 2 do you think want to keep playing like nothing happened?

Still majority though, but you must think properly and discuss more before doing something like that.

Who are you?

What have you done with the REAL Rigs?

4 Likes

They were right to remove 1* tournaments, 2* is debatable. I leveled a team of 2* chars and emblemed them, but this is still far from an outrage to me and isn’t deserving of any reparations.

2 Likes

The game doesn’t care, it’s just an exploit to be used by noobs to get better mats. People asked: how do 1* mats benefit noobs? So I’m answering.

I’m not answering the question of whether the game should bother benefiting them, that’s a different question

But it’s easier to get top 25% in 1* and 2* tourneys, that’s the point.

When people move on and let ‘small things’ slide you create a culture of being deaf to Small Giant schemes.

There are still principles that decent companies need to abide by, if it can get away with small things it will get away with big things.

The only way you make a change is if you speak out when something doesn’t smell right, regardless of whether it’s big or small or your fight or not

I don’t have any stake in this but it bothers me that people can’t see the matter of principle

1 Like

To quote Inigo Montoya: I do not think it means what you think it means.

1 Like

Players complain when SGG don’t listen. Then they complain when SGG do listen.

I personally think they should have waited until after the announced 1* tournament to cancel, but they saw an upswell of protest against it and reacted to it. Like it or not, the forums here are a representative snapshot of the players in the game. Like polls in elections or Nielsen ratings a small percentage of a population can accurately reflect the general population at large.

4 Likes

We will ALWAYS find something to complain about…

In my opinion there is absolutely NO POINT in spending resources on a 1 and 2* feeder hero, they are minimal and super limited, and their main use is to feed the 3* and above heroes. It’s not hard getting a couple of 3* heroes to get started. I think having 3* tourneys and events is fair and should be the lowest tournament point. But I don’t care either way honestly, I didn’t level any of my 2* feeders for the tournament and would never level a 1 star feeder. I would have just played with them u leveled until I was killed out and collected my rewards and kept it moving, feeding those heroes immediately after tourney was done.

There’s titans daily, wars, events, quests, challenges, daily stuff happening, Atlantis…how much of that do you really think you will get through with a 1 or 2 star team? It’s a serious waste of time and bench space.

4 Likes

This was the dealbreaker for me. I’ve spent hundreds of gems to expand my roster, so I can get the 20% bonus for feeding like-colored heroes. If I’m supposed to dedicate 5 (or even 10) of those for 2-star heroes, that’s 200 more gems I need to have enough space for new food.

If I have to keep a bunch of 1-stars on the bench, too, it makes things ridiculous times plaid.

3 Likes

If 1☆ tourney is once every 32 weeks, how many newbies are there will get the chance to participate?

I will only categorize those who play under a month as newbie. 1 month is enough to build competitive 3* team.

Its 1 month in 32 weeks, only 1/8 of new players will get the chance to see 1* tournament in their newbie times.

3 Likes

Yes…

1 Like