It was fun, at least for a little while

I just wanted to say goodbye. For those of you who struggle to make it through the day without thinking about this game, you may want to consider doing what I did. This game can be hazardous for your health if you aren’t careful enough to realize it. In the end, I came to the realization that Empires and Puzzles no longer brought me joy and it is with an unburdened heart that I say farewell.

@Petri @zephyr1 @Boolz_San_CK @dez82 @FraVit93 @JonahTheBard @Math4lyfe and anyone else I forgot.

47 Likes

It’s sad to see you go but I’m happy for you to step away from sonething you can’t enjoy anymore and that would poison your happiness.

Good luck and happy life outta here, be safe :cry:

6 Likes

Bye. Kyree. Keep safe.

4 Likes

I can’t bear to watch these kind of farewell videos.

All the best, and enjoy your freedom!

3 Likes

So sad to see this and I hope they see what they are doing to players to get them to this point.

Can’t imagine how hard it must of been to do that and has my complete respect and know he will feel tones better from doing this. big weight off his back.

Well done go live a happy life much respect.

5 Likes

Nope. They live with blinders on now and, to be fair, so would I if I’d banked 10s of millions of dollars.

To @King_Kyree77 : nice video…however you choose to exit the Empires treadmill, ultimately its good for the soul. Not logging into a mobile app to do various repetitive tasks that reward you with precisely nothing tangible? You won’t miss it after a couple of days.

Well done to you :clap: :clap::clap::+1:

11 Likes

Yeah I’m guessing they won’t and if they do probably won’t even care aswell. But the vid for the players and could inspire others to do the same.

2 Likes

I’m sorry to see yet another video of this kind, especially when you actually talk to people about spending huge amounts of money the usual (mass) reaction is: it’s their right to choose! What we are looking at now is the toxicity of that (rightful) choice, the end game of addiction. The same addiction which had driven those choices in the first place.

I don’t know you, but if this was the only way for you to change things, I’m happy for you! Trully happy. And I wish you all the best. For people staying here, I suggest to look at your example and to open their eyes, to stop justify their addictive behaviour and avoid game ends like this.

Farewell! :heart:

6 Likes

IMHO, it needs something serious like the posted Viking Funeral to break the ties with Empires. Simply uninstaling the game rarely works, such is the addictive nature of the game, coupled with the social aspect the alliances provide.

Ask the devs to delete your account if you can’t bear to trash your roster. They’ll do it, after a bit of correspondence.

8 Likes

That was a beautiful seppuku. Well done, all the best in real life :slight_smile: .
Especially for you presidential couple from Poland:

1 Like

I know that this option wouldn’t have worked for me, that’s why I did what I did. Burn it to the ground.

7 Likes

That’s what I’d call euthanasia. What we just saw was seppuku :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Lol. Either one works insofar as you’re not in the game anymore.

Best of luck for the future. May the boards be ever in your favour. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

You have my respect, man. Thanks for this video. I should do the same, just don’t know when I will have the courage to do it.

2 Likes

The sooner you do it, the better you’ll feel. I already feel free.

4 Likes

planting seeds and helping people always. Classic you KK. Best of luck in life and thanks for being here!

2 Likes

Leaving a game (or anything) for your own well-being deserves every respect.
So congratulations in setting yourself free.
And burning your roster in my opinion is the best thing to do - no coming back lol.
I wish you all the very best in your future endeavours… take good care of yourself and stay safe

5 Likes

Wishing you well. Stay safe and be happy!

1 Like

It’s a fools game and I’m sure we will all eventually do the same

3 Likes

It’s times like these I’m so glad I choose the f2p path… even if the money is only half the problem… the worst half, some would say, but that’s not always true. There are many other nocive aspects to this addiction. While throwing money down the drain is, within it self, bad enough, it comes with some bonus features like neglecting your social life, affecting your eye sight, gettting mad with frustration and many more tasty cookies… Good call, took some spine to admit all this in front of the comunity, took some real nerv to feed all those high prized cards away. Furthermore, avoid this kind of traps in the future at all costs. This kind of vids should be sent to all the noobs in-boxes by default, so they understand what shitstorm is heading their way.

8 Likes

Cookie Settings