Issues with Getting More 5 Star Heroes

I have been playing this game for over 7 months and can’t get anymore 5 star heroes. The thing is, I only have 1 and that was from spending money for a while on this game. Every time I summon, I can never get a 5 star hero when everyone in my alliance has 4 or more since we first started together. The one I got was from a bonus draw but everyone else summons and just gets them like it’s nothing. I have since stopped spending money on this game a while ago. I don’t care what special costs the gems are, I never buy them anymore. I have gotten so many duplicate 3 and 4 star heroes that it is absolutely ridiculous. Not one single 5 star hero in 10 and 30 pulls. I’m really thinking about quitting this game because there is no fairness here. I have noticed people talking about trading, etc. and the developers only seem to care about their pockets when they’ve already made millions. Am I the only one experiencing 5 star troubles or is there anyone else here that can relate?

3 Likes

Hi @jman… You are not alone. There is a similar thread about Gacha that is well worth a read… What exactly is a Gacha? (Read before posting things about "unfair pulls")

3 Likes

Thanks for your response. I will take a look at the link you provided.

@jman you are not alone! There are many threads on this forum filled with frustration over not receiving a 5* hero when everyone else seems to be posting pictures of a new one every day.

A couple things that won’t help your chances but may help put it in perspective…

1. There’s millions (??) of people playing this game. The screenshots you see on here are a small sub-set of those players. And, of course, they only post the screenshots if they got the hero :laughing:

2. As for your more personal experience with your friends, I completely understand. I have 2 accounts. My main has decent luck with pulling heroes. I do spend $$ on that one so I pull more which gives me more opportunities to pull a great hero.

My very c2p account is a different story. Tc20 gave me Khagan, I pulled Aegir (before he was buffed and horrible!) and I picked up Lianna somewhere. Other than that, I get dups and 3s. Lol

Sometime I joke that my 2nd account is cursed. I know it’s actually the RNG, but it really seems that way. I suggest you read through the thread @Sarah2 posted . I was looking for it but she beat me to it! :heart:

Also, don’t worry about the 5s as many 4s are better than the 5s. Learn to be happy where you’re at in the game… there’s lots of others right there with you :laughing:

8 Likes

Thanks Lady Suzanne. :slight_smile:

Yah I feel that. It’s all luck jman.

My advice, don’t even worry about getting many 5 stars. They take so long to level anyways, so even if you were to get lots of them now, that also means they take a long time to be useful.

The players who have a wide bench of them have been playing for almost 2 years now.

2 Likes

You’re absolutely right Dave because the 1 I have took forever to level. Thanks for your reply.

1 Like

@jman

As others have said. Don’t stress the 5s. My alliance has a few big spenders with all the shiny heroes. I only have a select few.

You know what though? My large array of 3/4* has made it so that I am always a top 5 scorer on titans and almost always too war scorer. They spent so much time working on 5s that they don’t have back up heroes.

Keep your chin up and enjoy the game for what you have!

6 Likes

Thanks! Really appreciate that. :smile:

1 Like

Nature of the beast, my friend. My alliance mates and I all started the game within a month of each other (around September/October 2018), and we are all F2P (except a couple months of VIP for one of them). One alliance mate summoned Kaidlen and Sartana within maybe 3 months of starting, and within a couple of weeks of each other. At that point, I was so frustrated, because I was still trying to pull a blue 4-star to finish my first four-star rainbow team, and here he sat with two five-stars. Eventually, I scored big by summoning Onatel in January and Poseidon in March. Now that I’m running a TC20, I’ve also pulled Domitia and Thorne. My other alliance mate - the one who actually spent a little cash - has 0 five stars, and actually only has 5 four-stars - a rainbow team plus Hu Tao. The RNG can be brutal.

This. I’ve been really lucky, because Onatel and Poseidon are boss. Domitia seems to be in the upper tier of classic purple 5-stars, but Sartana is clearly a cut above her. Thorne is widely considered the worst 5-star in the game. I was terrified that my first 5-star would be Mok-Arr, who I have no idea what to do with. I’d take any of my 4-star purples over him. My alliance mate with Kaidlen has been less than impressed.

Also this. Consider that I started playing in September 2018. I pulled Onatel in January 2019. I got her to 3^70 sometime in March 2017. It is now May 2017, and I have never used a single 4-star ascension material I’ve gathered. I still have every one I’ve ever gotten in my history of playing the game, and I still need two poison darts to take Onatel to her last ascension. If I don’t get them elsewhere, they will have to come from Shiloh Desert quests, which means it will be June/July 2019 before I have the materials I need. And I play extensively every day. Those materials are just rare, man. And now, because I wasn’t able to get them quickly, I’m starting to have a real debate as to whether I should give them to Onatel or Poseidon when I get them. Make the wrong choice, and it haunts you for months, because that’s how long it will take to gather those materials again.

Exactly. My alliance mate that drew 2 five-stars early on is now 200 TP below me. His Sartana has been stuck at 2^60 forever, and his Kaidlen is now at 3^50-something, but he doesn’t have the tonics to do anything with her when she hits that next cap.

Don’t get me wrong - five-stars are fun. Onatel completely changed my game. Poseidon is coming into his own. And I’m chomping at the bit to get started on Domitia and even Thorne. But it’s a marathon, not a sprint. Hang in there.

4 Likes

Ohhh…! Can you take me back to the ‘80s in your time machine? :crazy_face:

PS - I’d go Poseidon. Onatel is a pest, but Poseidon is just nasty. Maybe that’s because I haven’t fought him as much, but I find him more difficult to beat. Of course, it does depend on the synergy with the rest of your heroes.

Ok, back to our regularly scheduled topic :laughing:

4 Likes

Darn it. What the heck is wrong with me this morning? But, I must say, if I had a time machine, the 80s would most likely be my destination of choice. My only debate would be whether to make a time machine out of a DeLorean or a phone booth. If you’re wanting to go back to the 80s, you definitely know what I’m talking about! :smile:

My thinking is that Onatel’s special is about mana control, not really damage, so it still works pretty well at 3^70, and I know she can survive the final stage of rare quests and Legendary challenge events at that level, because I’ve already been doing it. Poseidon’s special is primarily about damage - although the mana protection is nice, too - so he really needs to go to 4^80 to get the most out of it. The main reason for taking Onatel to 4^80 would be to have my tank spot locked up. Right now, I’m solidly in platinum tier raids (fluctuate between 1900 and 2200 cups), but I’d like to move into low diamond at least often enough to open my raid chest there, so a solid tank would help. At some point, I’ll probably start a full thread about it, but as long as I’m still two darts short, I guess it’s kind moot.

4 Likes

On the right team, Kadilen is awesome as flank. Gryphonkit runs Zimkitha - Delilah- Kadilen as her Center 3. The fast mana speed, attack all enemies, plus protection from Special skills for all allies is especially fun during Arrow Barrage and Field Aid. Add in Delilah reviving a few times and the attacker is in a lot of hurt.

1 Like

Got Inari a month ago and she’s almost up now. Some players even level a single legend within 3 to 5 days.

Do you run TC20 with a small chance of training legends for free?

Spend your emblems to epics and you’ll be able to compete with legends for the next 1 or 2 years.

1 Like

Meant to also make this point. I think I read you can max emblem 3 four-stars for what it would take to max emblem one 5-star. So a team of well-emblemed 4-stars ought to keep you competitive for a while.

2 Likes