Is Wu worth it still?

The elemental link plus fast mana gives 3.70 Ranvir the edge over Wu, at least on purple titans.

1 Like

I could see reaching a point in this game of Endurance & Patience (E&P) where Wu is less relevant, but I’ve not reached that point. I would rejoice if I ever did because I’d be a world destroyer, bringer of death, and maybe a tiny bit bored. As it is, Wu gives me hope when there is none. He pushes my focus to yellow tiles whenever the need arises…and between him and G. Jackal alone it always arises. He is, as far as I’m concerned, a strong 4* with HUGE upside. Even without his special he’s worthy. 707 Attack. 620 Defense. 992 Health. Before emblems that’s only weak on Health. Compare him directly to other maxed heroes.

Any time RNGesus bestows the Wu upon your lucky you know Wu(t)…go forth and multiply your Attack. While you’re at it, stack Wu’s effect with BT or others and watch your enemies vaporize 2/3 of the time. Which, on a three tile shot (on the stats) is a lot of pain.

1 Like

Hmmmm…
20 contradictory characters

1 Like

commonly missing all the 3 shields of a hit is not -30%
and its not because the brain only remembers the bad things

Another thing to be aware of is that you can stack other attack buffs onto Wu. For example I will attack with a red/yellow stack that’s Poseidon/Ares/GM/Wilbur/Wu(or Ranvir!). When the buffers go off my heroes actually get 239% ATK plus the crit boost! Combined with what we know about how damage calculation isn’t linear having even two of the 3 goes off means I beat any team.

I’m not sure how to link the damage calculation discussion but the takeaway is: small atk increase = small dmg increase, moderate atk increase = big dmg increase.

See the thread I linked, where people recorded video and actually counted hits and misses. They got 32%, plus or minus. I invite you to do the same—please be sure to record and count all you runs using Wu, to ensure an unbiased sample.

In this case I’m biased as WU was my hearts desire for a while until I actually fought him but he dies so easily as an opponent. Just like Kashhrek he has a horrible weakness. But unlike Kashy, Wu just lets of a special then dies. I don’t want Wu anymore

WU special can make you miss EACH tile with a 32%. Which miss if you send 100 tiles 32 will miss. I dont do the math but for every match its about 10% of missing everything, 15% of hitting everything and the remaning is 2 hit on 3. So yes its common to miss everything as 10% is a serious proc.

Back to WU, he always diserv to be maxxed even if you have a tarlak or ranvir or miki.

• few good monk in the game which mean is great for emblem and challenge quest.
  • is the heroe to go with in challenge event 4*, even more if you want to compet.
  • we will be always good in province while miki and ranvir are less effectiv
  • his high attack makes him reliable in stacking

For all these reasons it’s not a waste to max him anyway.

2 Likes

Most of this is non-sensical, and some incorrect. Using a targeted special ability does NOT cause an enemy to gain mana. The 3% miss rate increase is not going to be noticeable over the duration of your typical short raid or titan fight, compared to the increase in damage he himself does and increased survivability.

The only place to NOT use a 4/80 Ranvir over a 4/70 Wu is on a Rare yellow titan because the special reflect could kill Ranvir. Even then you might still just heal Ranvir back up with potions.

To the thread in general:
Wu has a much higher Attack power than any other non-emblemed 4* yellow hero, and higher than some 5* (Justice). I still run Wu x2 in my Titan team. If/when I level a 3rd, that one will go on the Titan team too. Was not able to score a Ranvir.

If you want to maximize your average titan damage over time and you do not have other options (Tarlak/Ranvir), you use Wu. Period. You learn to live with and play around the misses.

1 Like

I don’t know how he is compared to Ranvir, because SG wasn’t kind enough to give me Ranvir even though I specifically asked for him… :rage:

But as for Wu on his own… always worth it, 100%. That is not just my opinion, that is verifiable fact just as the world is round.

Now this thread can be closed. You’re welcome. :grin:

2 Likes

To reinforce my point: I have HORRIBLE luck when it comes to RNG. Wu’s special is supposed to make you miss 1/3 of the time. For me, he makes me miss about 2/3 of the time. And he’s still worth it. Because the attacks that do hit, hit much harder than the ones that miss.

Hi,
Late to replie , my alt acct is in the same alliance, same titan, Tarlack is the main difference, similiar level heroes, same color, Tarlack wins hand down, 95% of the time. The only variable is the boards. Don’t tell me that Wu always get bad boards.
Still trying to justify Wu, but cant say I’m able .
Wu is at 3/60 specal a 8/8, don’t plan on maxing him.
Tarlack is at 2/60 special at 7/8, will bring him up to 3th ascent
Not changing my mind so far.
Have fun.
Wolf9
:sunglasses:

1 Like

ok… but not everyone has the chance to choose between Tarlak and Wu…Chances to get Tarlak are less than 1% and a little more if he becomes a futured hero…

The issue is: is it worth to have Wu or not? My titan scores after getting him and maxing him say YES!!! The increase in drop of unfarmable AM is the best proof of that…

I don’t have Tarlak, and the odds of pulling Tarlak right now are 0% (and probably not much higher even when Atlantis is active). So I Wu until I do.

EDIT: and plus… do you have 6 Tarlaks? (Does anyone?) You might only need 1 damage buffer for titans and raids, but what about wars? If you only have 1, that’s a one time use. Much easier to pick up 6 Wus than it is to get 6 Tarlaks.

1 Like

Hi
I would never pick Wu for war, or raids, or Atlantis hard.
Never mind 6.
Tarlack @ 2/60 is fairly squishy not the best for war.
My score with Wu is not the best i am able to do without him. I’d say at or slightly above average.
I’m running mostly 4s most are at 3/60.
With a new alliance titans are only 4&5
I tried Wu , Boldtusk, Kiril combos and it seen to make Wu miss even more often.
This my experience with Wu, miss rate well above 33%.
In wars, tried him and got nailed with so many misses, it was laughable. Same with maps.
So is he worth it, not in my teams.
Have fun.
Wolf9

You might have better teams than I do. My best teams are around 3600 TP and I have managed to successfully take out 4000+ opponents using Wu.

The miss rate is bad, this is true. If I have multiple specials charged, I always use the other special skills first before activating Wu. Where Wu shines is with the tiles. Even when the miss rate is above 33% (which I will agree, the actual miss rate does seem to be higher than 33%), the tiles that do hit, do more than double the damage of ordinary tiles. Almost as potent as a mono color stack hit. Well okay, not quite that strong, but overall your odds of hitting with Wu are much better than your odds of getting a ton of the right color tiles on a mono stack team. And if you are able to charge up Wu on a mono yellow attack team with enough yellow tiles on the board? You can basically consider any purple opponents to be D.O.A.

Depends. Do you have a Ranvir, Miki, or Tarlak at 3.70 or better? If yes, then no. If no, then yes.

I use only Wu on raids for tile damage stacking with other yellows (jackal, musashi, chao, gretel) but I am really careful when and how trigger his SS…most of times i never trigger his SS…

On S2 Hard he was extremely helpful…mainly in provinces 15 and above…

For me, absolutely worth it.
Probably even if I had Tarlak would be worth it at least for red titans.
Probably even if I had Miki would be worth it at least for green titans.
Only hero that MIGHT make Wu not worth it would be Ranvir. But i don’t have Ranvir either.

1 Like

Hello,
Ranvir at 1/1, Tarlack @ 3/28 and going up.
I don’t really want to try Ranvir.
Not after, in my case, the Wu disappointment.
I still take Wu on titan 1th flag, if it hit under 18000, Jackal (maxed + 5 ) take his place. Boldtuck(maxed +5) or Kiril (maxed +4)are always in.
Tarlack is in my alt acct. Boldtuck is also maxed, not Kiril. Jackal is there also.
Thank you for all the replies.
Have fun.
Wolf9

Ps i am using Wu in yellow stacks, no special. Tiles only. :grin: