Is Wu Kong worth for fighting 13* titans? Any advise?

:+1:

I don’t use considerably more items hitting 14* vs 11* (I hit 11* earlier this year, while I was on a break). Outside of my strong titan colours, it can be difficult to hit the titan hard.

In the past, I would use big battle items regularly on 14*. I now let my teammates* help take care of those titans (instead of trying to force bigger hits with big items), and I push myself on my strong titans. :wink:

In other words, I try to play to my strengths: I allow myself to be (somewhat) carried on my weak titans, and I aim for big scores on my strong titans.

I can do more damage on a strong titan with bigger battle items, instead using same items for a small improvement on a weak titan. :wink:

*I’d say this can be alliance dependent. My alliance kills 14 stars non-stop.

3 Likes

I use Wu with 14* Titans! Usually 4-1, for heroes in the counter color ofcthe titan plus Wu. I have some twohunfert revive scrolls , all from loot, would not build them. To keep Wu or sometimes Nordri alive I use those scrolls. At the begin I charge Wu with manapots. A turtle or a Dragon banner to add protection, an axe to get the attacs down. If Wus Effekt wears of I recharge, if he is dead I revive him.,

2 Likes

Strongly agree with this.

For every titan, I’ll throw a harpoon if I can’t hit the titan’s weak spot with three tiles. Once the first tier for harpoons is reached, I’ll use axes instead of harpoons.

3 Likes

If any heros is very squishy or die soon pair them with overhealers and they basically becomes more surviving assets… And if u dont hace any other atk boost hero wu still a better option u just need to keep him alive

Thinking about it… I guess some people will limit break WU… so he will continue to live on

Good point. Out of curiosity, I’d interested in seeing the stats for a LB Wu Kong.

I haven’t emblemed Wu Kong, since I figured he’d still get one-shot by 14*. Since I got his costume, I feel he does survive a bit better.

1 Like

I have him with costume bonus and +18 emblems, defense and health path + level 13 mana troop. He can survive a direct hit now, with around 10% health left.

2 Likes

:+1:

@The_Seeker This is good to know. Thank you for sharing this information. :smile:

1 Like

When you consider that all other options than WuKong are behind a paywall (Ranvir, Guardian Chameleon, Miki, Tarlak), you are essentially saying that the game is 100% pay to win. I refuse to accept this. If you’re using Wu, you just need to support him with Wilbur (who is unfortunately less accessible, but the 4* in Atlantis do come fairly quickly).

That said, I have been doing a lot of mono hits to avoid using Wu/Wilbur, now that I have enough 5* to survive a hit or two.

1 Like

Arrows dude!

It’s probably all in the stats. But he really is a weakling. If you have a Miki, he is probably redundant.

1 Like

If I managed to get Miki/Tarlak etc, I’d drop Wu Kong like a hot potato. :rofl:

6 Likes

Below is one :point_down:t3:

CB emblems mostly on def and HP.

Used on most, except holy and ice titans 10* -14*.

However, to the OP, there is a strategy, try to fire other hero’s special before Wu, after Wu…create multiple tile combos…well all within limit of time…

5 Likes

Thank you for sharing this. :+1:

1 Like

Try a crit troop, most crit troops give more defense and health. Mana you can compensate with potions.

Happy gaming

2 Likes

Business model

Correct

Welcome to the SGG 5* HotM / 4* ascension item business model

Fragile Glass cannon

Wu Kong’s base stats are a fragile glass cannon ( high attack, low durability )

Even boosted ( costume, emblems, limit breakers, etc. ) Wu Kong will need healers on the team ( 5* HotM healers with Elemental rainbow links are another rant, see Beta Beat )

Notes

Click for notes

Healers

So many strategies

Cascade Squad
Grinder Gang
Debuff Duo

so many healers

Glass nuke

Wu Kong has a high attack stat for a 4* yellow hero

Note: Empires sucks at roster / team management, so I would often use the wrong emblem path when I had duplicate heroes with different emblem paths ( looking at you 4* blue Grimm )

FIN

1 Like

Thanks, you are right, just that I focus on mana troops now and my crit troops are still at level 1. But I can try it and see :slight_smile:

Lv01 Crit Troops

Even a 4* Lv01 Crit Troop gives Wu Kong +4% HP

Even a 4* Lv01 Crit Troop gives Wu Kong +16% defense versus a 4* Lv30 Mana Troop’s +18%

Lv06 Crit Troop

If I Remember Correctly, troop bonuses are not base bonuses ( only uses heroes base stats ) but instead very powerful, meta bonuses ( after emblems, costume, limit breakers, etc. )

So leveling your 4* crit troops to Lv06 ( +18% defense, +5% HP ) for any color that you have a 4* / 5* titan multiplier, might be a good investment

Lv17 Crit Troops

Personally I like Crit troops better than mana ( for debate see link in notes ), but after I get Crit troops to Lv17, I switch to leveling my mana troops/ ninja troops ( see notes )

Notes

Click for notes

Lv17 troops

Note: full set means each type ( mana and crit for 4* troops ) so 8x 4* troops in each color. 12x 4* Troops if they ever make Ninja troops easier to get

Chart

(Kerb's 4* Troop leveling chart, hurray!)

Discussion

FIN

3 Likes

Thanks, I do use my level 5 crit troops with my healers, Proteus and BK now and I guess you’re right, it be worth to get them at least to level 6.

1 Like

Thanks for all the answers I usually rely heavily on mana pots and tornadoes so I can boost the tile damage ASAP, but I will start to use other items to a more sustainable play.

I average 25-35k per flag and I could say I´m not an hindrance for my alliance in total damage.

My 4 troops are:

Red: Mana 13, crit 7, mana 3 crit 1 crit 1.
Purple: Crit 13, mana 7, mana 1.
Yellow: Mana 13, crit 7, crit 1.
Blue: Mana 14. No more troops.
Green: No 4* troops. I am currently upgrading HA but still far away to troop retraining.

Just a funny note: After writting the OP I hit a blue titan and dealt my highest titan damage 72k.

4 Likes