Is this a skill game? I think so

Do you know the story of the Sensei who had taught so long that his black belt turned white and he looked like a new student again?

Is there a secret you know? Perhaps there is the student and the master, and the master’s master. :wink:

1 Like

Nobody here denies the fact that luck is important in this game. But “Fortune favors the prepared mind.” (c)

3 Likes

HAHAHAHAhahahahAHHAHAHAHAH!!.

NO skill.
Strategy-sure. Skill NO WAY. the majority of this game is luck bro. ITS A TILE MATCHING GAME!!!
Like asking is there is skill in tic-tac-toe.

HAHAHAHA

This is a trained skill, as you get better the more you play. You also get better at understanding teambuilding and whatnot.

About Titan hits, it’s obvious that you can manage a high hit and not beat months later. First, there’s variance, the part of luck that plays a big part and nobody is denying this. Second, you were probably fighting against a weaker Titan. Do a test, leave your alliance and create one, or join one full of beginners. You’ll hit a lot harder than you’re hitting now, because you’ll be facing a much weaker Titan.

1 Like

I’m not sure I understood you emotional post. Do you mean to say that tic-tac-toe doesn’t require skills? And how do you distinguish between strategy and skill?

“Skill” is rather broad but implies aptitude and proficiency. we should all have enough skill to download this app, then match three tiles.
Strategy suggests TACTICS and situational awareness. So, Its’ a rather silly supposition to ask about “skill”.
The majority of this game is chance. So “skill” and" strategy" aside, lady luck is the largest factor.
I would suggest altering the title from SKILL to STRATEGY as I think the author intended?

Isn’t use of proper strategy a skill?

2 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:
I guess…That would mean that waking up and brushing my teeth requires skill. as does flushing the toilet:joy::joy::joy:

Got it :slight_smile:
Thank you root.

I love diamonds :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Both require skills indeed. You acquire them in early childhood. And regarding brushing teeth I can tell that according to dentists not all the adults have this skill.

On the other hand, it all might be a matter of terms to use. So I don’t see any reason for a holy war on whether experience in using some game tactics should be called skills or not.

1 Like

Thats sweet!!!
20 characters

To anyone who believes it’s “just luck”, consider the Rare (aka Beginner) level of the Challenge Events. The same person, @Wharflord, has won this level repeatedly (not always, but often, and always in the top 10). How? It’s not spending–three-star heroes are easy to get and take no rare ascension mats, and battle items are limited to low-level things that are fairly cheap to craft. It’s skill. Sure, on any one run the board may be lousy, but the top performers can make a good board out of a bad one and can then exploit that board maximally.

And that’s just the few minutes of active play time. Then there’s the skill of choosing the right team and the foresight to imagine what that team will be. People were running Advanced with triple Grimm. Before this event there was not obvious need for three Grimm’s, but some people thought ahead and prepared.

5 Likes

While this game is entertaining, at its’ core its’ just tile matching. I suppose I find the premise that there are tomes of Skill-based game theories out there, makes me chuckle.

Sometimes I get trolled on YouTube giving out beginner advice by, well, trolls. Many of the top players also come from RPG or MMORPG backgrounds and understand RPG mechanics very well.

Some only have experience playing Candy Crush and have never played an RPG in their life. So, absolutely agree. Skill plays a major role, but yeah, there is also definitely luck involved. :slight_smile:

Nice post :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I really like the analogy to poker. This game is a lot of luck and the most skilled players will lose and new players will win depending on the board.

The reason why people who spend generally win more is not just their heroes. People who spend money generally have spent a lot of time and energy here. They are often more likely to be “skilled” (recognize combo patterns and play percentages for the random incoming tiles). Most of what is required is time- the game is set up to reward people who repeat levels over and over again to get higher level heroes and the ascension materials to make them stronger. One thing that is overlooked though is that time gives practice. When I first wake up, my results are much worse than after one hour of playing. Why? Because my mind has warmed up to seeing the patterns better.

With that said, this game does not require the “skill” required in other games. There is no hand-eye coordination required as in games like League of Legends or shooters. You will not see E&P e-sports ever. But I believe that board awareness and hero setup should be considered “skill” and therefore I do believe that this game requires skill. This is why you will never see me at the top of the game- even if I were to spend a million dollars.

3 Likes

@Kerridoc
It’s luck with a bit of skill. Zero is a great player, I have no doubt on that and he explains in some post how many world flask (70 or more?) he uses to win the events. Call it skill if you want. I call this luck with a lot of patience…
My record on level 10 of Morelia event was 95K on first attempt the first time I play it. One next occurrences I’ve never been able to overtake it nor reproduce it.