šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on the October 2019 HOTM (Kingston)

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the October HOTM, Kingston.

Small Giant has posted a sliced up version of Kingstonā€™s artwork as part of a Facebook promotion.

Click for Mostly Useless Information from Beta

Donā€™t get too attached

Details from beta, especially brand-new beta content, donā€™t tend to be very reliable for actual hero release.

Itā€™s incredibly common that heroes are changed during beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of beta testing.

So I wouldnā€™t get too attached to any of this ā€” itā€™s not unheard of for entire portions of skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to stats to be made.

Kingston Beta Info & Stats

Attack: 749
Defense: 735
HP: 1266

Class: Fighter
Resist: Burn ā€“ The Hero has an innate ability to resist Burn.
Element: Nature/Green

Mana Speed: Fast

Special Skill: Stiletto Cyclone

• Deals 445% damage to the target.
  • All enemies The target and nearby enemies get -31% attack, and a further -4% decrease every time they are hit during 4 turns.
  • Element Link gives +4% mana generation for all Nature allies for 4 turns. This effect canā€™t be dispelled.

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see:

17 Likes

Here is his character design sneakpeek

23 Likes

Looks a touch OP.

Sniper Zeline that canā€™t be Graved. Iā€™d want him/her on my team. Iā€™d cringe every time I saw them on a defense team. Zim is the most likely counter.

3 Likes

Thats a really great hero am almost 100% thats its gonna be nerved hope not but he seems amazing

2 Likes

Move over, Gravy, thereā€™s a new GOAT in town. When they hit Kingston with the nerf hammer I just hope they donā€™t render him unuseable. Effect to only target and nearby, and duration x 3 turns seems right

1 Like

His attack debuff calculation needs reviewing.

3 Likes

Yes, definitely. I wonā€™t be surprised if theyā€™re similarly off.

1 Like

:open_mouth:

If this hero stays the same, he would become a top 5 wanted hero in the game. I am very intrigued!

The calculation itself is off, as in not currently working as stated, or as in not balanced correctly?

1 Like

And then there is gregorion ā€˜cries in medium speedā€™ :laughing:

4 Likes

Do Kingstonā€™s and Zelineā€™s specials stack? or overwrite each other?

They overwrite each other

4 Likes

Calculation itself seems to be off.

2 Likes

I should think this hero should not be nerfed, so many strong red out there and solid paladin blues. Will be a good sniper with Lianna.

1 Like

Take Zeline but make the hero concept a sniper instead. Throw in a little bit of Athena but with atk- instead. And give him revive talentā€¦ Why not lol.

Well itā€™s beta. Probably getting adjusted before release.

2 Likes

Wow! This hero seems insane, will need to be changed before release, 3 target instead of all would be a start. Gonna need to avoid any temptation to use up my tonics.

3 Likes

This is OP maximum. No way in hell should this be released without nerfing.

6 Likes

Apparently there are some good reds and blues around. Maybe he should also get ā€œif this attack kills an enemy, kills all opponentsā€ as well. You know, for balance.

1 Like

I did not find OP. Taking Zeline as a parameter: both have quick mana, decrease enemy attack by -31% (Zel -34%) for 4 turns, he hits an opponent with power, Zel strikes everyone with less force. She even dissipates reinforcements and causes more damage to the targets of the ice, he has fire resistance. They are well matched. I hope he does not receive a significant nerfing.

6 Likes

Kingston, Jamaica. Probably weā€™re going to see the incarnation of Bob Markeyā€¦lol. jk.

1 Like