🧪 Early Information on the new Challenge Event Heroes (Pirates of Corellia, Fables of Grimforest, Guardians of Teltoc, Knights of Avalon, and Wonderland) [Part of The Beta Beat v23]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the new Challenge Event Heroes.

Don’t get too attached

Details from beta, especially brand-new beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual hero release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes are changed during beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to stats to be made.

Pirates of Corellia

New Pirate Family

Click for Mostly Useless Information

Bonus for 2/3/4/5 Heroes:

• +3%/6%/10%/15% Attack
  • +2%/4%/7%/12% Mana

Marie-Thérèse (Formerly Marguerite) – 5* – :new_moon_with_face: Dark

Marie-Thérèse Beta Info & Stats

Rarity: Legendary/5*

Attack: 774
Defense: 723
HP: 1301

Class: Monk
Family: Pirate
Element: Dark/Purple

Mana Speed: Slow

Special Skill: Zombie CurseBlessing

• Deals 240%168% damage to all enemies.
  • All enemies get Zombie Curse. When the cursed enemy dies, they will explode and deal 17% damage to all of their allies. This effect lasts for 4 turns.
  • All enemies receive 120 damage over 4 turns.
  • All allies regenerate 612 HP over 4 turns.
  • All allies get +30% defense for 4 turns.
  • All allies receive Zombie Blessing. If the blessed Hero dies in the next 4 turns, they will be reborn as a Zombie with: When the blessed Hero dies, they will be reborn as a Zombie. This effect lasts for 4 turns.
    • 100% health.
    • 500 attack.
    • 500 defense.
    • Special Skill: Poison Bite.

Finley – 5* – :snowflake: Ice

Finley Beta Info & Stats

Attack: 753
Defense: 745
HP: 1314

Class: Ranger
Element: Ice/Blue

Mana Speed: Fast

Special Skill: Commodore’s Revenge

• Deals 385% damage to the target.
  • If the target has buffs, targets another enemy with buffs. If none of the other enemies have buffs, targets a random enemy. The damage is reduced on each consecutive hit. Each enemy can only be hit once.
  • All hit targets get -44%-34% defense for 4 turns.

Vodnik – 3* – :snowflake: Ice

Rarity: Rare/3*

Attack: 439
Defense: 429
HP: 834

Class: Paladin

Special Skill: Trident Lunge

• Deals 280% damage to the target.
  • The more mana the enemies have, the more damage they will receive, up to 400%.

Fables of Grimforest

New Grimforest Family

• +3%/6%/10%/15% Attack
  • +5%/10%/15%/20% Defense

Snow White – 5* – :snowflake: Ice

Snow White Beta Info & Stats

Attack: 756
Defense: 747
HP: 1299

Class: Cleric
Family: Grimforest

Mana Speed: AverageSlow

Special Skill: Poison Apple

• Dispels all buffs and status ailments from all allies and enemies.
  • Deals 200%180% damage to the targetall enemies, and additional 20%15% damage per removed status effect, up to 520%420% damage in total.

Puss in Boots – 5* – :fire: Fire

Puss in Boots Beta Info & Stats

Attack: 764
Defense: 727
HP: 1322

Class: Rogue
Element: Fire/Red

Mana Speed: SlowAverage

Special Skill: Thee Blind Mice

• All Summoner allies summon a Minion for themselves.
  • Summons 3 Mouse Minions with 6%10% HP and 30% attack inherited from the caster. The Minions have -32% accuracy.
  • All allies regenerate 548 HP over 4 turns.
  • All allies get +30% attack for 4 turns.

Pixie – 3* – :sun_with_face: Holy

Pixie Beta Info & Stats

Attack: 427
Defense: 436
HP: 848

Element: Holy/Yellow

Mana Speed: Average

Special Skill: Pixie Dust

• Deals 290% damage to the target.
  • Automatically does 21% damage to the target when the target’s mana is full and reduces their mana by 50% for 3 turns.

Guardians of Teltoc

New Guardian Family

• +5%/10%/15%/20% Defense
  • +4%/6%/9%/13% Healing

Guardian Gazelle – 5* – :sun_with_face: Holy

Guardian Gazelle Initial Beta Info & Stats

Attack: 751
Defense: 741
HP: 1324

Class: Druid
Family: Guardian

Special Skill: Dance of Spirits

• Removes all dispellable and undispellable status effects from all allies except the caster.
  • The caster gets +46% defense for 4 turns.
  • The caster regenerates 612 HP over 4 turns.
  • All allies except the caster start dancing the Dance of Spirits for 4 turns.For 4 turns all allies except the caster starting dancing the Dance of Spirits:

• +66%+100%+66% attack. [This was changed from +66% to +100%, and then back to +66%.]
  • -36% mana regeneration.
  • -46% damage reduction on all received damage.Reduces all received damage by46%50%.
  • Removes all dispellable and undispellable status effects from the targetdancer and Gives immunity to new status effects.
  • If the caster dies, the dancer receives 96%100% damage and their mana is reduced by 100%.
  • This effect cannot be dispelled.

Guardian Chameleon – 5* – :leaves: Nature

Guardian Chameleon Initial Beta Info & Stats

Attack: 714
Defense: 780
HP: 1339

Class: Wizard
Family: Guardian
Element: Nature/Green

Special Skill: Elemental Magic

• Removes all dispellable and undispellable status effects from all enemies. [This moved from the end of the Special Skill to the beginning.]
  • Changes the element of all enemies to the element they are strong against for 3 turns.
  • All allies get +54% attack for 4 turns.
  • All allies get +36% critical chance for 4 turns.

Guardian Bat – 3* – :new_moon_with_face: Dark

Guardian Bat Beta Info & Stats

Attack: 437
Defense: 418
HP: 862

Class: Wizard
Family: Guardians

Special Skill: Merciless Bite

• Deals 270% damage to the target and minor damage to nearby enemies.
  • The damage is increased by 60% per each dead ally.

Knights of Avalon

New Avalon Family

• +5%/10%/15%/20% Critical chance
  • +4%/6%/9%/13% Healing

Lady of the Lake – :leaves: Nature

Lady of the Lake Beta Info & Stats

Attack: 756
Defense: 741
HP: 1312

Class: Sorcerer
Family: Avalon

Special Skill: Magical Sword

• Recovers 44%42% health for all allies Heals all allies who have less than 50% HP left to 50% health.
  • Summons a Magical Sword Minion for the caster and nearby allies with 18%14% HP and 15% attack inherited from the caster.
  • The Minion removes -10% mana from the target when it hits them.

Black Knight – :fire: Fire

Black Knight Initial Beta Info & Stats

Attack: 611
Defense: 846
HP: 1458

Class: Barbarian

Special Skill: Just a Flesh Wound

• The caster has a 60%50% chance to drop any received damage to 1 for 3 turns. Does not apply to attacks by Ice enemies.
  • The caster gets Taunt that prevents the enemies from using Special Skills on caster’s allies for 3 turns.
  • All allies get +45% attack, and a further 20% increase every time they are hit during 3 turns.

Bauchan – 3* – :fire: Fire

Attack: 420
Defense: 453
HP: 830

Special Skill: Goblin Fury

• Deals 145%105% damage to all enemies.
  • Reduces the mana of all enemies by 20%.
  • All allies get +24% mana generation for 4 turns. [this was removed and then re-added]

Wonderland

New Wonderland Family

• +2%/4%/7%/12% Mana
  • +5%/10%/15%/20% Critical chance

Jabberwock – 5* – :new_moon_with_face: Dark

Jabberwock Initial Beta Info & Stats

Attack: 743
Defense: 747
HP: 1328

Family: Wonderland

Special Skill: Sideswipe

• Deals 275%300% damage to the enemies on the edges of the enemy formation. If there is only one enemy alive, the damage is doubled.
  • The enemies on the edges of the enemy formation receive 112234 damage over 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

White Rabbit – 5* – :sun_with_face: Holy

White Rabbit Initial Beta Info & Stats

Attack: 731
Defense: 749
HP: 1353

Special Skill: Rabbit’s Watch

• Deals 280% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • Target gets -34% defense for 34 turns. The effect duration is reset if the target is healed. This effect can’t be dispelled.

Shrubbear – 3* – :leaves: Nature

Attack: 351
Defense: 512
HP: 888

Special Skill: Camouflage Foliage

• The caster gets Taunt that prevents enemies from using Special Skills on the caster’s allies for 4 turns.
  • The caster gets +63% defense for 4 turns.
  • The caster gets +74% defense against Special Skills for 4 turns.

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see:

33 Likes

Removes all dispellable and undispellable status effects from all enemies.

What’s next? Unremovable effects that can only be dispelled?

18 Likes

Stinks that these are all 5* heroes in that tiny little 2.5% legendary pull chance.

They’re great, but dang… no fun for the masses.

26 Likes

hahah I love it I want him :smiley: (for those unfamiliar with the reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmInkxbvlCs)

29 Likes

I agree, I was disappointed that there are no new 3* or 4* heroes.

21 Likes

Agree entirely. What a missed opportunity for adding to the 4* and 3* pools. I would love to see a 4* yellow healer added.

21 Likes

Amazing info as always, appreciate it. Some very cool and unique specials on these heroes but I do fear we are reaching a point of over-saturation with 5 star heroes.

24 Likes

What exactly does this aspect of Black Knight’s skill mean?

3 Likes

Good catch!

It’s a typo, fixed now.

Should be:

1 for 3 turns

6 Likes

Just guessing, that it should be “drop damage to 1 for 3 turns”, so it’s like being hit by a tiles of missing color…

1 Like

They would have some good choices for the type of animals used for new Guardians… And they thought of a Gazelle and Chameleon?

Can they find no better guardian choice than a fearsome “Gazelle” and is the Chameleon going to look like Muggy?

They want to put another holy Guardian in when there is already 2, and yet wanted to squander the perfect opportunity to put in an Ice Guardian?

10 Likes

Looks like we have a 5* brienne coming…

5 Likes

Wow, seems totally overpowered. However dispellable…

1 Like

Some of these specials are too OP. Removing undispellable status effects? C’mon… What’s the point of having HOTM’s with element links then :man_facepalming:

11 Likes

PLZ READ before replying
Note that I wrote this comment with initial information. Some of the hero special abilities have changed now. As such, I’ve edited some of the comments to include the updated info.

A bit sad that most of the focus just goes to more 5*s for the event heroes as realistically only a few players will get 1 of them to say the least. It’d be nice if some future new ones would be 4* for event heroes.

I’m glad to see that they’ve added a new 3* hero for the Avalon Event (so far) :slight_smile: This gives me a lot of hope, that the Devs are listening! This is healthy long term to keep new and f2p players too, as the 3* hero will be something they are more likely to pull and use. Even those who pay money should still find a use for them for challenge events and raid tournaments.

Lol looks like I’ll be busy adding these new buffs and ailments to the Status Effects thread soon. :smiley:

My early impressions, without reading anything else but the first post in the thread:

Families

All these families are making the Season 2 ones pale in comparison lol.

The ones that look really good are the ones with added crit, imo that x2 multiplier (however small the chance is) can make or break it.

Marguerite Marie-Thérèse

Updated Skill

Pretty unique ability, she can revive allies which is nice, although not sure what the zombie revival entails without more info.

Both the ailment and buff are dispellable, so because the buff revives I’m gonna take a wild guess and say that the blessing is the one you want to dispel, as you can wait out the curse with healing.

Other than that, the DoT doesn’t really look that significant for a slow hero, but the HP passive recovery does look decent.

Finley

Looks like an anti buff hero, kinda like Hatter but much more offensive oriented. Being able to pierce through defensive buffs as a Ranger complements his skill quite well.

He will only hit a titan once but the -44% def should make him worth it regardless, especially with fast speed.

Vodnik

Snow White

Well… Mitsuko is dropping off defense once she’s available more and more lol, since she dispels first that means the blue reflect won’t work (dispels aren’t reflected).

If I understand correctly though, she also dispels good stuff from her own allies, and ailments that you casted on enemies too… Although that means added damage (even for ailments), that also means the damage will be dealt after any def- ailments and atk+ buffs are removed.

To me that makes it tough to tell who she’ll pair well with.

Puss in Boots

He gets his own three minions, and makes others summon their own minions, if they are capable of doing so already… guessing that includes Druids too which seems good but limited.

The blind minion thing with high attack seems more hilarious than useful though lol. Idk how useful the attack buff will be at slow speed either.

G. Gazelle

Oof… very high risk hero. But she seems mediocre tbh. The defense and HP regen buffs she gets are nice but dispellable, and unlike Guinevere she doesn’t reduce enemy mana to help her keep the buffs up.

It is nice that all her allies get the undispellable attack and defesne buff, that looks great to me… but reducing her allies mana generation is not really something I want with a buff. And the undispellable Dance of Spirts comes with some serious consequences if she gets defeated too! No new status effects allowed? That means buffs too if I read that correctly, that is seriously not good at all.

She is probably going to be good for titans, but idk otherwise. I would not put her on defense, she’s way too risky just based on her skill description.

(wait, unless that’s a defense buff? Can’t tell with the way “damage reduction” is described)

G. Chameleon

Element change will make same color tanks in wars easier to deal with a smaller bench, if you do get this hero anyways. So that is nice, it’s going to allow for some pretty fun counterplay too. On defense it can even mess up the opposing team by turning what looks like a really good board, into a really bad board :smiley:

But the real cherry on top here is removing all status effects from enemies though. On the one hand that does mean he removes ailments you casted (atk-, burns, etc) but on the other hand he removes things like element links, and that is nice.

So far I like that all skills that “Remove” (Aemonna the ghost girl being the first one) get rid of stuff that is beneficial as well.

L. of the Lake Vivien

(plz change name to that, former is a mouthful)

Updated skill

She looks okay… I don’t see how getting to 50% health is really that beneficial, when other slow healers like Kunchen and Vivica can patch up their team beyond that.

The sword minions seem like the treat here; the mana reduced is very insignificant but since minions hit every turn I can see that being really annoying to deal with if she’s defending. Her class the healing bonus from her family complements her skill.

Black Knight

Updated skill
I remember from my uni classes when I read Arthurian tales there were many knights, including the Black Knight, the Red Knight, the Green Knight, etc… usually all of them coming with some supernatural powers. Well they seemed to really like that idea, because he’s basically the 5* Brienne with massive durability.

846 defense? 1458 HP? Holy :poop: lol. Looks like a great hero to protect you from green titans casting atk- especially with Taunt. He just looks OP overall lol, but at least unlike Queen of Hearts, Taunt is tied to his status effect and not a minion, meaning that a dispel will get rid of it.

Bauchan

Truth be told this guy needed a nerf. That skill was very strong. Still a great hero, those stats put all 3*s except Vlad to shame. And Vlad… well his skill is not really that helpful to anyone but himself. Bauchan is a durable support hero and ridiculously strong at that.

Jaberwock

His skill is so weak, but against a single target (like a titan) damage gets doubled so that is nice. I guess it’s the skill you want to use last too, as that mega finishing strike, so if he is on defense right-most wing will be the best spot for him. Poisoning (I imagine it’s poison cuz dark) the wings is also nice on raids, since these are the heroes you don’t hit with tiles as much. Every bit of damage against them is helpful.

But how would he work though if both wings are already KO’d?

W. Rabbit

Alice basically, but with Def- instead and a 3-target hit instead of a snipe. Looks like a good hero to me.

Nice to have a Holly def- hero too. But again, it’d be nice if we could get one as a 4* sometime…

My concluding thoughts

Finley, S. White, G. Chameleon, B. Knight and both Wonderland heroes look like the highlights here to me.

These are my early thoughts too lol, just based on the info provided. I’d love to discuss further :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Could anyone please explain me how guardian gazelle’s special works? I’m not sure of having understood that dance of spirits

2 Likes

Understood! Thanks guys, that’s a cool tank.

1 Like

To be fair, his attack buff only lasts 3 turns, which is like Khiona’s. Brienne’s is 5 turns.

But that defense and HP look so beastly though, he’s definitely gonna be a nice hero for titans. Also Taunt will help keep the buff up, rather than overwritten by green titan skills that cast atk-.

1 Like

Wow, there’s a lot of information there and I’m going to need some time to absorb it all. Two immediate reactions:

1. Marguerite’s skill seems like the Necromancer’s Corpse Explosion in Diablo 2, which was the most fun skill in the game.

2. Snow White: is it a dispel and cleanse all from allies and enemies? Meaning after she fires no one has any buffs or status ailments? Or is it that she dispels buffs from enemies (leaving them with any status ailments they have), and cleanses status ailments from allies (leaving any buffs they have unaffected)?

6 Likes

Except Corpse Explosion in D2 doesn’t do damage to allies. Marguerite is a time bomb for both allies and enemies :boom: I mean, unless becoming a zombie doesn’t mean exploding when dying…

From all these new heroes White Rabbit is the most balanced, imo. He’s like a 5* holy Grimm.

1 Like