🧪 Is There Early Information on Muggy, a new Season 2 3* Rare Hero?

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on Muggy.

Click for Mostly Useless Information

Don’t get too attached

Details from beta, especially brand-new beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual hero release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes are changed during beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to stats to be made.

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see :test_tube: The Beta Beat – Sharing the Big Picture on What’s Going on in Beta (an experiment)

2 Likes

Seems an interesting hero i just have few question
66% HP is this the maximum or it could be healed to the original HP?
Albe and MN skill will raise the original hero or chameleon (assuming the chameleon mode died last)? And will it work if chameleon is already alive and convert it back to the original hero?
Chameleon element? Green or as per the dead hero?
Can a chameleon get the Bruiser Bros buff? What about other buffs?
The attack increased is it based on the original hero?

I will have more question about him i know but these what i got for now

4 Likes

I just tested in Beta, they can be healed back.

I don’t have either Alberich or Mother North to test, but they should raise the original hero, as a dead Chameleon returns back to the original hero when it dies.

A living Chameleon shouldn’t be eligible for resurrection any more so than a hero resurrected via another means that’s still alive would be. So I don’t think that will have any effect.

The original hero’s element is maintained.

No, they can’t get the Bruiser Bros buff, I just tested.

The undispellable Chameleon Mode prevents Bruiser Bros from attaching.

Other status effects appear unaffected. I actually was even able to get an attack buff to stack with the undispellable Chameleon Mode’s attack buff, which is currently +47%, along with a -43% defense debuff.

Yes.

These were excellent questions!!

5 Likes

Great answers seems will be a great hero even for a 3 stars (gonna start saving my fighters emblems :stuck_out_tongue:)
Does the chameleon got a lagoon family or the buff will be gone?
And does the fighter talent revives chameleon or the original hero? (Assuming that chameleon is the dead hero)
If the original hero died and got the buff on but is fighter class which will work first?

Question added:
The mana recovery for chameleon is it average like most (all?) heroes with it, or based on the original hero?

1 Like

What the hell is this hahahah. Had to double check it wasn’t somehow an April 1 post that just surfaced.

5 Likes

LoooL no this is the real deal
You can check the link in the original post for beta on all new heroes and functions

2 Likes

More great questions!

Muggy is Lagoon Family, a very natural fit.

Chameleon Mode heroes maintain their own Family (or lack thereof) when resurrected, so any normal Family Bonus applies. They don’t become Lagoon Family.

Chameleon Mode seems to shed Talents.

I’m not sure if this is intentional, I’ll report it in Beta.

I’m not sure. So far I’ve seen a Fighter Revive as a Chameleon, but that could just be RNG.

I’ll keep an eye out for that.

The mana speed appears to be based on the original hero’s speed.

2 Likes

Am starting to love him more and more

Also please check if the troops buff is calculated or no

I know i ask alot of questions but this skill is new to the game and all games i played so its interesting for me

1 Like

The base stats appear unchanged in Chameleon Mode, so troops must be applying.

2 Likes

The sad part is that 2 days ago i used all of my fighters emblems level up delilah to the 4th and already have a 3* on level 3
I want muggy to be +20 will try him alot in raids
And i think he will be a game changer in raid tournament
But first i need to get him hope the RNG is with me

1 Like

I think it’s really cool that they made him a 3*. Presuming that remains unchanged, he’ll be relatively easy to obtain by comparison to most heroes, and will be usable in a wide variety of places, at least in terms of rarity restrictions.

In Beta I reset Boldtusk so I could bring Muggy to +20 for testing. It certainly makes it possible to make him a tad less fragile…or to pump his attack like crazy for event competition.

He was a bit overpowered in his initial version when brought to +20, but he’s more reasonable after his stats were rebalanced a bit. The stats posted currently are the rebalanced ones.

3 Likes

Which skill cant be dispelled? The bruise bro (before the original hero dies) or the chameleon effect?
Usually the statement this effect cant be dispelled comes right part of the while skill and some heroes have 2 statements in the same skill (this effect cant be dispelled)

If the bruise bro is can be dispelled then it can be stolen by the hatter

2 Likes

Both, actually. Neither one can be dispelled.

3 Likes

Wow
As much as i love his i think he will be buffed in a way specially with the fast mana
It will be either 3 turns, average mana, or remove the cant dispel feature foe bruise bro.
On attack and you can fire his skill about any time to make sure that you survive
Fighting Atomos on season 2 without someone who dispels is really pain because i believe his skill is average as boss fight and not slow

1 Like

The big difference between Muggy and Atomos is that he doesn’t impart Bruiser Bros onto other heroes, and he doesn’t resurrect in Chameleon Mode with it.

So once he dies, he can’t contribute to survival again, and heroes in Chameleon Mode are at greater risk of dying because of decreased Defense and lower HP when resurrected.

So it’s more like a last stand battle mode that gives you a shot to finish off enemies in a blaze of glory than an endless survival mode. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

True but still he will pain :joy:
Speaking of atomos if he had his skill up and he got the bruise bro buff up and he died, who will be revived or reborn? Is it the second on used or they wont stack or Bruise bro will take place first? As atomos skill mentions that this buff will take effect at the end of the turn or something similar with the same meaning

Also Atomos skill mentions that all buffs will be cleared Muggy doesnt say anything so does his buffs gets cleared or same as revive talent?
There is a scenario should be tested if thats the case but it will be hard to do :stuck_out_tongue:
Atomos fores his skill then muggy fires his >> atomos dies and reborn as chameleon but still got all his buffs up including atomos >> before atomos buffs turns is gone he died, will he be back as atomos or chameleon?

I know am asking alot and sorry for that but there just so many questions and i cant wait to get answers so you will have to bear with me till he is released :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Good question!

I don’t have Atomos to test with, and there probably aren’t any defense teams set up with both Atomos and Muggy to try to trigger that situation.

But I think your guess is probably right — the Bruiser Bros resurrection is immediate, so that should happen before Atomos’ own resurrection has a chance to fire.

I just tested this, and the status effects appeared to be cleared.

You’re asking great questions!

I hope you’ll apply to join Beta whenever they next take applications again. I’ll certainly advocate for them to add you. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Lol holy :poop: that attack stat is massive. But so, so frail…

If unchanged, having him could very well be what makes high scores in Avalon. Although I’m not too fond of how that special attack works for challenge events… dunno how the score would affect with the dying part being mandatory

His first stats in beta were even more lopsided, at 695/364/364.

He may well be popular for event competition, if only for the high attack stat.

But his special skill is effectively useless for Challenge Events, because it does no damage, and waiting for heroes to die to take advantage of it would mean playing more tile matches, which will hurt both the Time and Match Scores.

That said, if the scoring mechanics are changed…who knows.

3 Likes

[quote=“zephyr1, post:17, topic:104932”]

I did apply but had to change phones couple of times since then, i really wanted to be beta player
And thank you in advance for everything and for answering my future questions as well :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like