Is there any point to Season 1, 2 or HotM anymore?

185 pulls without single 5* hero from TC20, thats aint really easy for me :frowning:

1 Like

Sure you can get through S3. I use Azlar, Joon, Isarnia, Quintus and Vivica. None of these are costumed, but they are emblemed to various degrees and have decently leveled troops. It’s a chore, obviously, but it works. Arrows, minor mana, healing pots.

2 Likes

May I ask how many pulls you had to make to draw 8 Reubens?

3 Likes

I have 20 maxed 5* and two almost done.

Of those, 5 are non-S1 – four HOTM and Ariel.

Of the HOTM I use one regularly – Malosi. Maybe soon two with Glenda.

I compete in diamond and I am getting through S3. My team for S3 is Vivica, Kadilen, C.Elena, Isarnia, C.Rigard. I will probably swap Kadilen for Lianna towards the end of hard.

So yes, there is still a point.

1 Like

I am curious - do you stack your attacking team to match your enemies?

For example, if there is a green boss and and maybe yellow or red helpers, I will use a purple healer (usually Sabina as I don’t have any 5 star healers maxed yet) plus 4 red attackers. I use Elena, Azlar ZimKitty and now Gefjon, although she only recently replaced my Marjana.

I find that the combination of 4 mono plus an off-colour healer works wonders. And I use mostly S1 heroes.

22 ten pulls :sob:

I was hoping for 5star ninja’s, Odin, Frigg, or Lord Loki that could have changed my game experience but
I came to the point playing for free has a better outcome or very cheap to play!!!

Also diamond arena doesn’t make a difference
I think this game only rewards people that spend 1k monthly!!!

1 Like

Use Boril + Cyprian + 3 healers.

I am not really using S1 healers, my healer is Ariel from S2 but the other two are outdated HotM (Aeron) and pseudo healer widely regarded as one of the worst HotM (Noor).

My S3 map team consist of:
Ariel 4/80+12
Boril 4/70
Aeron 4/80
Cyprian 4/70
Noor 4/80

So without the paywalled costume, S1 are useless, are they not?

At least sniper and healer are still usable without costume…

1 Like

it’s not easy pulling these 5 star costumes … specially for a f2p
it will take forever with 3 free pulls a month.

I would focus on upgrading advanced iron and food storages with Stronghold to level 25 and HA to 10. Maybe then have a chance for the old 5 star hero’s that are no longer a
factor :joy:

But fun to at least experience them :grinning:

1 Like

past telly HOTM we dont really have good HOTM xcept just Malosi…the point now is just good for collection… personally i wont summon in atlantis as sg offer so little coins to pull dun wanna waste gems for s2 heroes from now on…

Well, despite not getting the heroes you were looking for you beat the odds by far pulling 8 Reubens.

As for the money…
I think you should spend it on E&P only if you don’t mind losing it.

In the end what you get is a bunch of bits on a server with no actual value whatsoever so what you should be buying is something immaterial like, let’s say, entertainment. If you are not having fun go C2P or F2P.

1 Like

you’re 100% right that’s why i’m switching back to very c2p :joy:

1 Like

With some luck a non spender or a low spender can get one of those HOTM . They are not as strong as former ones but they are still a 5☆ hero
So for limited rosters they can do the trick.

As a ctp or ftp I would not waste any mats on useless 5 star heros.
I would rather have multiple teams of four stars maxed for wars and tournaments,
that will gain me enough emblems and mats to when time comes in the long run
to max.
Also, 3 stars for tournaments … don’t forget!
I will only max out a top grade 5 stars based on anchors grade.
Still I will do more research.

I’m with you. I beat S2 and grinded for sea dragons with all my WE flask. Zero S2 portal fives, including the old HOTMs that get featured. Zero S3 fives. In fact after 18 months of playing C2P I have only hit a portal five star heroes (this doesn’t include HOTM or S1 non costumes hero) five times ever. At about 1.5% chance, that should happen about once every 62.5 times. My experience is that the odds are much lower than advertised. I’m not saying that they are lying. Someone has to have the account that is a couple standard deviations to the negative. It just kind of sucks that people complain about getting a HOTM because it isn’t the best hero in the game. Ask me how many green fives I’ve ever gotten ever in all my summons and a year worth of TC20 (running up to three at a time sometimes)? The answer is 1. And the two Vivs I’ve gotten are the only yellow fives I’ve ever gotten. That sucks a bunch. People that complain about getting HOTMs… Wow. Makes me want to quit.

Hmmm… My advice would be to forget about grading system and look what you actually need, in terms of possible synergies with heros you have. Grades are useful, but those are given to heros in isolation - and you won’t use a single hero ever, unless it’s a last one standing alive. It happens often that underwhelming heros work wonderfully in certain combinations.

1 Like

I agree with you hundred percent …
but some hero’s are so fragile even with great synergies
that I wouldn’t waste my time.
I got my best hero’s krampus, ursena, and onyx
from free coins and cheap offers.

Even though I have enough mats for krampus,
i rather wait till one day I get cobalt or finley…

Good luck, I was spending quite a lot last year, but no luck with those super fancy heros. Eventually gave up and playing with what I have. :wink:

Just play.
The chances for good summons are so slim for F2P and C2P that if you wait for top heroes you will most likely never play.
If anything keep a set of backup ascending materials just in case.

It’s a good idea, thou, to focus on 3* and 4*.
TBH they are fun, more challenging and not remotely as costly.

Also… I think we should start to determine what is F2P.

1 Like

I think it depends on what you class as “useless”. If anything that doesn’t have an A+ grade is useless, then you’re going to be waiting a long while, and more importantly not advancing in the game (holding diamond gives you more mat rolls, for instance, and being able to participate on higher star titans as well).

I would suggest using mats on a second-tier hero whenever you have 12 or more of the corresponding mat. Then you are covered for that miracle pull that might happen some time, but not sitting on only 4 stars forever.

I went a very long time with no HotM, then got Margaret. Then went four months and got Kingston. Now they seem to drop for me – missed Malosi, Zocc, and Uraeus, but most of the others are there. Even got Onatel from HA10.

Seasonal/Challenge are worse: only have Finley and Krampus.

S2: Mok-Arr, Ursena, Kageburado (purple much)
S3: Norns x2, Fenrir (both on the long wait for mats)

As a result, I have maxed a lot of heroes that aren’t “top tier” by any measure, but they do the job. I stay in diamond, often gaining cups overnight (but not always, of course), winning most raids, killing 11-12* titans with my alliance…

It’s ultimately your decision what to do with your mats, but to my mind, the game would have lost my interest long ago if I had not maxed any 5* until Finley, Kingston, Ursena and Krampus fell. (And I’d be in a well of only blues and purples.)

3 Likes